Sam Fennah / FailSafe42 - Atheist furry who dropped out of college; sperged to Bionicle fans about God not existing #SAVEBOB

Xugador

kiwifarms.net
1577241571291.png

I'm surprised that there's no thread on Sammy boy. Most of you who browsed the Nostalgia Critic thread may have seen this name pop up. Sam Fennah is a 20 something year old animator known for his furry abominations and spergouts in the Bionicle community. To make this easier for the rest of you, I'll start from the beginning. Below will be some videos on Bionicle Revolution(the first one contains a link to his animation reel)
Here's one of many screenshots throughout the second video. This will give you an idea of what Fennah is like.
1577239089651.png

1577239015459.png

Pictured here is Rewire, the main protagonist of Bionicle Revolution. When she was first exposed, many Bionicle fans were confused as to why this thing wasn't a Bionicle.
1577239189632.png

1577239149780.png

Isn't Fennah just a lovely individual?

Here is a link to all the trailers of Bionicle Revolution before he deleted them.
This one in particular is him explaining what happened to Bionicle Revolution.
But to my knowledge I'm the first to even attempt such a ridiculously fucking stupid feat.(Talking about animating a whole film by himself)

The timestamps for the second video are in the comments. So yeah, Bionicle Revolution. What went wrong? Well for starters, his response to criticism. This timestamp of the video shows you his response as well.
1577239523247.png

This was his response to someone when they accused him of stealing a line from the lord of the rings book. Now I'm not a LOTR fan, so if you can spot a line here then let me know. Here is the link to the the script
The two videos in the beginning do a really great job explaining what went wrong with this project, the guy in the first video shows up for another podcast. If you have any time to spare read the script. It's a wild ride of "slaughtered Bionicles" and slavery. The whole thing was bound to fail from the start. Even the voice actors (and people who got their Bionicle ocs in) didn't know what shitshow they were getting into.
1577239700734.png

1577239817154.png

I don't know how to transition this but here's links to the readings of Bionicle Revolution.
https://youtu.be/KAy-92qag8I(They start talking about the Bionicle Holocaust at 26:49)
So now onto Satellite City, his most recent show. Has Fennah seen the error of his ways and tried writing non edgy shit? Let's find out

1577157562176.png

Nope he hasn't. These pictures are on his Amino.
And he still takes criticism poorly. This is in response to people being disappointed with this video.

While making this thread I browsed around for more links and pictures, and I found this on his Amino and this on Tumblr. The picture to the right is what I might believe to be the college rival, but I'm not 100% sure on it.
1577239981771.png

What's even more insulting is that most of his knock SMT enemies are mythical beings, or just outright Mary Sues. Take Lucy Lacemaker, the rejected Target Mascot. Ever wondered what her hat's made out of?
Here's an oc that he just straight up says "also known as Bloody Mary"
That Shuck character is just Black Shuck, not even reference or inspiration.
Speaking of taking real life sources, how about that Bible and Jesus guys? As stated in the beginning, Fennah is an Atheist. So how does he handle the story of Jesus Christ?
1577242044307.png
1577242822903.png

1577242028685.png

I have no words. I know I might sound dramatic for saying this but I genuinely have a headache from reading all this.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Yotsubaaa

Discord is the best!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This was his response to someone when they accused him of stealing a line from the lord of the rings book. Now I'm not a LOTR fan, so if you can spot a line here then let me know. Here is the link to the the script
I'm not able to view the script in the Wayback window, and it looks like Sam's already deleted it from his deviantart. Don't suppose you managed to download the .pdf while it was up?

Yotsubaaa

Discord is the best!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm currently reading through that Bionicle Revolution script while listening to those guys on the livestream narrate it. But that's a god-awful way to spend Christmas, so I've also been checking around to see what I can find on Sam. (I'm at about the halfway mark for the script. So far it has been an unholy mess of nonsensical plot, mood whiplash, pointless characters and hilarious spelling errors. Haven't seen anything that obviously looks like it was lifted straight from LOTR yet, but I'll keep my eyes pealed.)

So first, we've got some stuff on Sam from other KF threads. At the start of the month a thread for Fennah/Satellite City was started in the Multimedia subforum:

And as @Xugador mentioned in the OP, there was some Fennah-related talk over in the Nostalgia Critic thread back in September/early October (starts roughly here). Right around the time NC and Fennah had their awful collaboration on that 'The Wall' movie review. (Available here. Whew, look at that ratio! Good to see you've been doing okay since the whole JewWario thing, Doug.)

The movie review just straight up sucked, basically. Anyway, @Floop got some Twitter screengrabs of Sam responding to well-deserved criticism (I figure I'd amalgamate it all here in this thread):
failsafe8.jpg

failsafe9.jpg

@Billy "the Bot" Bobson also dug up an unlisted stream of Sam and Doug talking about films:

@Nekromantik2 had a screengrab of Sam ragequitting Amino because he can't deal with the haters:
failsafe10.png

Also, I found that screenshot image from your OP here where they were talking about Sam/FailSafe on 4chan's /co/ board, so here's the unrotated version:
failsafe1.png

Anon has a good take:
failsafe6.png

Some other screenshots and interesting tidbits from that proto-Kiwi /co/ thread:
failsafe2.png

Prophetic.
failsafe3.png

failsafe4.png

failsafe5.png

I want to see if I can find this modding rant that last Anon mentioned here, too.

Also also, links for his social media accounts. I've already started archiving stuff for when he inevitably DFEs again.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Failsafe272
(archive of vid list, and I had youtube-dl rip his entire channel just in case. Sam also uses his Community tab extensively (partial archive), so there might be some goodies there too.)

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SamFennah

Amino : https://aminoapps.com/c/fennah/home/
Sam's Amino account specifically:
https://aminoapps.com/c/fennah/page/user/fennah/oo75_jNSJfQKxNYRLGKdWrVqRGXzmvW7bQ
(This site looks like absolute cancer, by the way. I'm not surprised that it breaks archive.md.)

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/s.fennah/
(archive. He only had 21 posts from like over a year ago, so I archived them all:
01 02 03 04 05 06 07
08 09 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20
21)

IMDb: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm9854733/
(archive + biography archive)
In particular, Sam's IMDb credits him and his freaky red and white cat thing with appearing in that Nostalgia Critic 'The Wall' movie review I mentioned earlier.

From one of the Instagram posts, it seems that he had a Patreon at some point:
failsafe7.png

But that Patreon URL 404's now. These days most of his Twitter/YouTube Community tab e-begging involves shilling his merch store instead.

Finally, as a barely-worth-mentioning aside, since he has his YouTube there I figured I'd rip his Google ID and see what I could see:
Google ID: 102202735601114891347
Nothing interesting though. No (public) Maps data or reviews or anything, but I did find this only one, conspicuous photo in a Google Album of his from 2017 (archive):
googlealbum_IMG_8991.jpg

Seems like a fun rabbit-hole, at any rate. Nice one, @Xugador!

RA-5C Vigilante

Alone, Unarmed, Unafraid.
kiwifarms.net
Why the fuck is there a Bionicle fandom in the first place?
So remember when you were a kid, maybe around 10-12 years old, and you hit that stage in your life where dark and mysterious characters like Shadow the Hedgehog and Sephiroth were grown up things, and you were a grown up now too? Well, Bionicles were darker, moodier Legos, with death and combat galore, when you supposedly grew out of normal Lego kits.

To the point, you know when you finally grew out of the edgy kid phase, and now look back on it and cringe so hard your spine nearly snaps? Well some people, many of whom are featured on this website, never grew out of that phase. In the same way grown people still make Sonic OC's with katanas and Uzi's, people still cling to the coolest, edgiest, most """mature""" thing they've had since childhood.

And for some people, that means that they will still care about what was essentially Duplo for kids going through puberty.

Kamov Ka-52

True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
So remember when you were a kid, maybe around 10-12 years old, and you hit that stage in your life where dark and mysterious characters like Shadow the Hedgehog and Sephiroth were grown up things, and you were a grown up now too? Well, Bionicles were darker, moodier Legos, with death and combat galore, when you supposedly grew out of normal Lego kits.

To the point, you know when you finally grew out of the edgy kid phase, and now look back on it and cringe so hard your spine nearly snaps? Well some people, many of whom are featured on this website, never grew out of that phase. In the same way grown people still make Sonic OC's with katanas and Uzi's, people still cling to the coolest, edgiest, most """mature""" thing they've had since childhood.

And for some people, that means that they will still care about what was essentially Duplo for kids going through puberty.
I'm old enough that I distinctly remember them from when I was a kid/teen, but I thought that they were a flop and that nobody cared about them.

RA-5C Vigilante

Alone, Unarmed, Unafraid.
kiwifarms.net
I saw a meme on Instagram saying something about Bionicle having the deepest lore. I didn't know they were being serious. I had fun playing with them as a kid though! I especially liked the midget Bionicles too.
All my friends back in first grade thought they were the coolest thing ever. I never got why it was so cool, so maybe that's why my earlier post in the thread sounded snobbish.