sjw bad animation reboot of shera -

Badonkadonk Trash

Are we interrupting... buddy?
kiwifarms.net
I'm following ClownfishTV on Twitter, and they retweeted this awesome redesign by @ArtyDemon on Twitter. It suffers from some triangle chins, but in total it looks leagues better than anything that the show could ever put out. The artist is only 18, too, which makes it even funnier that a literal teenager can make better designs than a college-educated professional character designer.

View attachment 905064

It's astounding how much just simple shading and lighting improves a drawing, let alone actually good designs.

Unsurprisingly they're getting quite a bit of hate from the usual suspects, saying that they've whitewashed characters, that they're sexualizing teenagers, and that they hate fat people and only want to draw bimbos. Thankfully it seems as though for every hate comment there's ten comments saying how much better their redesigns look and how much they like them.
Now THAT'S much better.

madethistocomment

welcome to god's mosh pit
kiwifarms.net
View attachment 906335
Someone's pulling out the men are sexist card
I like how she ignores that about half of the people praising the artist in the replies are women, and so is the artist. They can't seem to realize that women aren't a massive hive mind and that most of us don't like to be represented by genderless blobs, teenage boys in wigs, and 'roided out behemoths.

Finrod Felagund

Cannot seem to stop rap-battling.
kiwifarms.net
I'm following ClownfishTV on Twitter, and they retweeted this awesome redesign by @ArtyDemon on Twitter. It suffers from some triangle chins, but in total it looks leagues better than anything that the show could ever put out. The artist is only 18, too, which makes it even funnier that a literal teenager can make better designs than a college-educated professional character designer.

View attachment 905064

It's astounding how much just simple shading and lighting improves a drawing, let alone actually good designs.

Unsurprisingly they're getting quite a bit of hate from the usual suspects, saying that they've whitewashed characters, that they're sexualizing teenagers, and that they hate fat people and only want to draw bimbos. Thankfully it seems as though for every hate comment there's ten comments saying how much better their redesigns look and how much they like them.
Holy shit those redraws. MUCH better.

View attachment 906335
Someone's pulling out the men are sexist card
Generic anime face
Iirc didn't Princesses of Power have the same generic anime lo– ohhhhhhh
:story:

Twitter is one heck of an exceptional force to be reckoned with.

PopRocks

WANNA BEEE done with this bs
kiwifarms.net
As long as we're talking about redesigns.

651d9a75433649.5c4ef6f10f1eb.jpg
I'm mixed on this. One the one hand
5c1efe75433649.5c4c8b85d5ea0.jpg42a59975433649.5c4c8b85d7845.jpg0112bd75433649.5c4c8b85d7159.jpg
Some them look alright and definitely look distinct. On the other hand
a9e0e975433649.5c4c8b85d7ab5.jpg4e09bc75433649.5c4c8b85d6984.jpg
Yeesh, that Glimmer.
Over all, I like the style of the art, as it can go for either goofy slapstick or more stylized action. But some of those designs can really use some work

madethistocomment

welcome to god's mosh pit
kiwifarms.net
As long as we're talking about redesigns.

View attachment 907040
I'm mixed on this. One the one hand
View attachment 907041View attachment 907043View attachment 907044
Some them look alright and definitely look distinct. On the other hand
View attachment 907047View attachment 907045
Yeesh, that Glimmer.
Over all, I like the style of the art, as it can go for either goofy slapstick or more stylized action. But some of those designs can really use some work
That Peekablue and Mermista, woof. Angela looking several years younger than her own daughter is also fucking hilarious.

I'm generally "meh" on these designs. Aside from a few they're alright, I guess, but I feel that they're so cartoony that I wouldn't be able to take it seriously if they were ever going to try to take it in a serious direction.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino