sjw bad animation reboot of shera -

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
The Tanner twins are back to roast the fourth season!
Major wastes of poteintal in his episode. A majority of the guys in this series are kind of pathetic. Maybe it's because I've been spoiled by Mike Young's version of Hordak that I expect more from the character. Even the original did more stuff than this one.

DDBCAE CBAADCBE

kiwifarms.net
So, probably an unpopular opinion but I think the guy playing Double Trouble did a great job for what was basically an overwritten and at some points obnoxiously gay character. I felt like most of what I initially didn't like about the character was because I knew who the actor was and because the writing staff basically made him just as stereotypically gay as possible. However overall it grew on me and I think I came out of this season appreciating the character of Double Trouble for the over the top campiness regardless of whether it had been intentional or not.

Celandine

Anime connoisseur
kiwifarms.net
So, probably an unpopular opinion but I think the guy playing Double Trouble did a great job for what was basically an overwritten and at some points obnoxiously gay character. I felt like most of what I initially didn't like about the character was because I knew who the actor was and because the writing staff basically made him just as stereotypically gay as possible. However overall it grew on me and I think I came out of this season appreciating the character of Double Trouble for the over the top campiness regardless of whether it had been intentional or not.
Shame that the character is supposed to be "non-binary" and not gay yet they act like, look like and sound like a gay dude. A more feminine voice would've been better for the character in my opinion.

DDBCAE CBAADCBE

kiwifarms.net
Shame that the character is supposed to be "non-binary" and not gay yet they act like, look like and sound like a gay dude. A more feminine voice would've been better for the character in my opinion.
I honestly didn't even pick up on the fact that they weren't referring to Double Trouble by anything but they and them until like the second to last episode or something. My biggest gripe with that is why they would have a concept of what a non-binary gender is.

Private Pyle

What is your major malfunction numbnuts?
kiwifarms.net
I think it helps that, for all the stereotypes and virtue signaling exuded by Double Trouble, they still manage to be entertaining in a show where characters run the gamut from bland to annoying to straight up unlikable. It’s the best of a bad situation.
Probably to introduce kids to gender neutral people to follow the footsteps of Stevonnie from Steven Universe?
This objectively the correct answer.

Yaoi Huntress Earth

My avatar is problematic.
kiwifarms.net
I think it helps that, for all the stereotypes and virtue signaling exuded by Double Trouble, they still manage to be entertaining in a show where characters run the gamut from bland to annoying to straight up unlikable. It’s the best of a bad situation.
It's kind of sad when DT seems to be one of the more likable characters when in a more competent series, he'd be the opposite. The reason I say seems, I haven't seen enough of them to make a true judgement.

EDIT: Speaking of bland, annoying and unlikable, who would you all consider to be the most in each category?

Celandine

Anime connoisseur
kiwifarms.net
It's kind of sad when DT seems to be one of the more likable characters when in a more competent series, he'd be the opposite. The reason I say seems, I haven't seen enough of them to make a true judgement.

EDIT: Speaking of bland, annoying and unlikable, who would you all consider to be the most in each category?
Most bland: Adora and Bow. (But honestly all of them are bland.)
Most annoying: Scorpia and Mermista. (Mermista is because of her voice and Scorpia... I don't think I have to explain that.)
Most unlikable: without a doubt Glimmer (she is just an unlikable bitch, and probably one of the worst character I have ever seen in a "kids" show.)

DDBCAE CBAADCBE

kiwifarms.net
Most bland: Adora and Bow. (But honestly all of them are bland.)
Most annoying: Scorpia and Mermista. (Mermista is because of her voice and Scorpia... I don't think I have to explain that.)
Most unlikable: without a doubt Glimmer (she is just an unlikable bitch, and probably one of the worst character I have ever seen in a "kids" show.)
So I definitely agree with your choices for Most Bland, but I think your picks for most annoying could be better. Personally I think Adora is way more annoying when she's She-Ra than Scorpia is on her worst day since Scorpia doesn't effect the plot on such a grand scale. Likewise I disagree with Glimmer being picked for most unlikeable, that one should clearly be Frosta.

• Agree
Reactions: Badonkadonk Trash

Celandine

Anime connoisseur
kiwifarms.net
So I definitely agree with your choices for Most Bland, but I think your picks for most annoying could be better. Personally I think Adora is way more annoying when she's She-Ra than Scorpia is on her worst day since Scorpia doesn't effect the plot on such a grand scale. Likewise I disagree with Glimmer being picked for most unlikeable, that one should clearly be Frosta.
Yeah She-ra is kinda annoying but at least she is not always insufferable like Scorpia. Also I doubt anyone has any effect on the plot. It's more like the plot (and ships) drags them along. But I thought about putting Adora/She-ra on the most annoying category it's just that I find them more bland.
And for the most unlikable. We don't see Frosta as often as Glimmer but if she was in more episodes I'd put her in this category without a second thought.

• Agree
Reactions: Badonkadonk Trash
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino