Sony Teaming Up with Discord to Bring Chat Service to Playstation -

SSF2T Old User

Freaky Friday 2: Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Sony Interactive Entertainment announced on Monday that it is partnering with Discord to bring the video-chat service to PlayStation early next year.

“Our goal is to bring the Discord and PlayStation experiences closer together on console and mobile starting early next year, allowing friends, groups, and communities to hang out, have fun, and communicate more easily while playing games together,” Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO and President Jim Ryan stated in a press release.

As part of the partnership, Sony is also investing an undisclosed amount of money into Discord. But details of the partnership remain unclear, as it is unknown if a Discord app is coming to PlayStation consoles or if the partnership will work in another way.

Discord, a voice-over-internet-protocol communication service, launched in 2015 and as of December claimed more than 140 million monthly active users. The app gains popularity among video game communities for its convenient functions such as a permanent group chat and a party voice chat.

Microsoft had previously been in talks to acquire Discord, but the discussions broke down last month after Discord rejected the company’s $12 billion bid to stay independent.

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
Furry pedophile moderators will be punishing you for hatespeech when calling them out for grooming and all you wanted to do was play video games.

What a timeline.

I never thought Nintendo would be the most open of the big 3 platforms in this day and age.

BananaSplit

kiwifarms.net
My Switch isn't banned
from the MH thread.png

I can't say I'm surprised at you often making shit up

Toolbox

Buy dat hell
kiwifarms.net
Wasn't Sony already spying on and moderating private chats between friends on the PS4? How is this that much worse of a decision? Sony is basically a slave to California at this point anyway.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Wasn't Sony already spying on and moderating private chats between friends on the PS4? How is this that much worse of a decision? Sony is basically a slave to California at this point anyway.
No that got misconstrued, they were allowing other users to now record others and submit reports to the admins. They themselves were not going to be watching.

Mage

Servant of the Pharaoh.
kiwifarms.net
To all the kiddies that will be using Discord on PS4/5 not aware of the danger that awaits them:

Look out.

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net