Sophie Labelle's Assigned Male - Original Thread - The Incredible Adventures of Stephie (Who Won't Shut Up About Being Trans)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
"Hey, are you gonna get the surgery? I'm just curious..."

"DIE CIS SCUM! DIE CIS SCUM! DIE CIS SCUM!"

Let's give the Devil her due here. It's an incredibly personal question and I can totally understand someone not being comfortable answering it, or even not having an answer because they haven't decided and are agonizing about the issue.

However, if you are the one representative of some minority population that someone who is obviously well intentioned and wants to help knows, pissing in their face when they ask a simple question is not going to help anything.

Seriously, I know the SJW "it's not my job to educate you" schtick which usually is just saying "I'm a titanic douchebag" but seriously, if it isn't your job, whose is it? You're the only one they know who knows anything about it.

I'd totally cut slack about this if someone didn't want to answer, and avoid the issue if it were obviously uncomfortable, and even apologize if it somehow hurt their feelings, but this shit is what Stephie does EVERY time.

Stephie is a giant cock! Why do you create such an unlikeable, nasty, mean character?

ETA: Actually, I should have said that as "unlikeable, nasty MAIN character." Because this is the character you're supposed to sympathize. Meanwhile, Sophie creates strawman characters who are more likeable! Christ, even that shithead grampa who actually called his own grandchild a faggot is more likeable.

SpaceAce

Disney Avatar
kiwifarms.net
Let's give the Devil her due here. It's an incredibly personal question and I can totally understand someone not being comfortable answering it, or even not having an answer because they haven't decided and are agonizing about the issue.

This is very true but the part that gets me the most is that these are supposed to be kids.
Kids ALWAYS ask uncomfortable questions, it's how they learn about the world around them since most don't have the skills or resources to find out any other way. Kids don't have a good sense of boundaries and don't have a developed sense of empathy, so they ask.
Screaming at a kid or making them feel guilty from asking questions just means they won't ask them any more. That may be a short term victory for safe space lunatics like S(o/te)phie, but in the long term it means that this child, whose ability to rationalize at this stage in their life is incredibly simplistic, has now associated this topic with something that will get them in trouble, something bad, which must mean that the subject itself is bad. Now they'll avoid the topic and as they grow older these deep rooted feelings that it's something 'bad' will mean that even with an open mind, it will still make them uncomfortable to talk about.
Or worse, they'll come to hate that subject without ever really knowing why.

It's becoming incredibly evident that S(o/te)phie wants to shut down all dialogue about these issues because the (perceived) ongoing ignorance of the general public means she can play the victim forever (and as far as I can tell that could be her only possible goal considering how comics less than a month apart blatantly contradict each other) and spread her special brand of stupid. She doesn't get that if she's going to try and speak for a whole group (which, from her posters is what it seems like she's trying to do) she has to act more like a teacher and a diplomat than a screeching, confusing mess. And no, I'm not saying everyone who is trans has to act that way and be patient and willing to explain rather than explode, just the ones who appoint themselves as the ears and mouth of their group. And this applies to every group.

Augh, she's just so frustrating.

Mauvman Shuffleboard

Space Friend of the People
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nobody in the latest comic seems to be noticing the most important things.
VNNOlju.jpg

TowinKarz

I've been a wreck lately.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It is a mystery how basic appeal to audience skills, that you should know from at least grade-school level debate, are lost on these people. Calling your adversary some form of stupid doesn't help, same way PETA hasn't learned for 30 years and counting that calling everyone who eats meat a murderer doesn't win converts...... It's as if they believe that having the moral high ground (which they're absolutely certain they have) means all decorum goes out the window, in the same twisted way they believe you can't be racist if you don't have privilege, they feel you can't be rude if you are progressive.

Johnny Bravo

Bravokin
kiwifarms.net

Funny thing is the "reverse transphobia" comment was a fucking strawman. It's like Sophie realized Stephie's foil had a legitimate point, so she panicked and made him say something completely stupid just so Stephie could shoot him down. Stephie's original comment about CIS people was uncalled for but Sophie dodges the point by forcing the boy to say something equally uncalled for, as if Sophie realized her mistake half-way through drawing the comic and was just too lazy to go back and change it.

Xerxes IX

New cat, who this?
kiwifarms.net
You know, even Meursault in the Stranger admitted he wanted an audience in his execution day. Of course, Camus was all about existensialism and not "ugh CIS people".

Dude also probably had a mental disorder, but one that wasn't 'crazy tranny' like Labelle here. This must be The Shitlord, the modern day version of The Stranger.

VLAD

I may be but small, but I will die a colossus.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dude also probably had a mental disorder, but one that wasn't 'crazy tranny' like Labelle here. This must be The Shitlord, the modern day version of The Stranger.
"I was misgendered today. Or the day before, I don't remember."

Status
Not open for further replies.