Star Wars Griefing Thread (Formerly about Last Jedi) - It's nothing like Empire... like.... at all, we promise

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slayer Regiment
kiwifarms.net
unless Disne pulls all movies they hld the rights to from all competing platforms. It will blunder along, but it'll not be a total disaster, unfortunately.
I think that's why they're so desperate to pull every dirty trick in the book to get the SW movie rights back from Turner, which currently holds the rights to broadcast the films exclusively on their networks.

Yet...

Frozen sequels are a thing after all...
Speaking of Frozen, sites are listing that Frozen II will be competing against IX as a potential rival, along with Jumanji 3, the new James Bond, the new Terminator, Wonder Woman 1984, Universal's Wicked and even Sonic the fucking Hedgehog. Kinda odd Disney would be releasing two of its biggest film IPs around the same time.

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of Frozen, sites are listing that Frozen II will be competing against IX as a potential rival, along with Jumanji 3, the new James Bond, the new Terminator, Wonder Woman 1984, Universal's Wicked and even Sonic the fucking Hedgehog. Kinda odd Disney would be releasing two of its biggest film IPs around the same time.
Forzen II and a new James Bond? That's quite some competition. The other titles range from "potentially dangerous" to "lol", but still, I would hope IX opens with many other popular franchises, just to suck up as many views away from IX as possible.

Flexo

serial #3370318
kiwifarms.net
You've seen from my extensive analyses on the 'character' of Rey that she fills the exact same role as Bella from Twilight. "Totally average" girl (brunette, constantly open mouth, slack jawed thousand yard stare) suddenly gains power/affection from supernatural beings and spends her time miraculously solving problems and being in the center of several men fighting over her.
Yeah but Kristen Stewart at least was aware she was acting in shit. If Daisy was a bit more like Hamill and low-key trolling the films on interviews I would fall hard for her.

Too bad she seems a true believer.

He is a fandalorian. In Chuck's book, the guy IS a possibly gay Mandalorian who wants to carry on the legacy of the Fetts and "muh Mando ways". Filoni is almost worse than Traviss when it comes to Mando jerking too. Whole show is just mando bait to try and appeal to that autistic part of the fanbase they alienated. That is of course if the rumors are true that this mando and Wendig's mando are one and the same. I wish they had just made George's original Underworld idea into a show, which was less focus on mando shit and more focus on crime, bounty hunting and smuggling.

Also, there's a lot of talk going on about whether or not this show will succeed since it will be a Disney+ exclusive, Disney+ being Disney's new Netflix wannabe which is said to be expensive and doomed to fail unless they play their cards right, possibly costing the company billions due to the investments they've made into some very expensive Marvel and SW shows.

So it got me thunkin, what's the most likely fate for Disney's netflix wannabe? Will it struggle to compete? Will Disney+ crash and burn? Or will it actually prove as big or bigger than netflix in the long run due to the claims of all the shows being on par with big budget MCU films in terms of production quality?
Ironically Disney would be better served aiming for a low cost entry since so many services are competing at $10. (I mean i would do DC universe since I am a DC gag but the price is kind of high.) It has the library it could come close to competing with some, but with CW seed and Tubi and more out there for free out there...

I mean i would rather watch low budget schlock made for a fraction of the budget and twice the heart of the MCU and nuSW for free than shell out for it.

The Shadow

The Shadow knows!
kiwifarms.net
I think that's why they're so desperate to pull every dirty trick in the book to get the SW movie rights back from Turner, which currently holds the rights to broadcast the films exclusively on their networks.

Will buy a ticket for Sanic if I decide to see IX in theaters then. That way I can support autism awareness while seeing a megacorporation turn the corpse of one of my old favorites into a dancing puppet.

[email protected]

Marlon Brando's eyes!
kiwifarms.net
Forzen II and a new James Bond? That's quite some competition. The other titles range from "potentially dangerous" to "lol", but still, I would hope IX opens with many other popular franchises, just to suck up as many views away from IX as possible.
Bond 25 is being released next April and Wonder Woman 2 is next summer.

Elwood P. Dowd

I am the lizard king. I can do ... anything.
kiwifarms.net
Your information is out of date. The only real competition is Jumanji 3 and Cats. Meaning, probably not much.

Jumanji 3 release date 12/13/2019 but it is still being shot. I wonder if they'll be ready? And if it is ready if it will be rushed and awful?

Cats - 12/20/2019 - Only homos and middle aged cat ladies care about this exercise in enforced faggotry. One can only weep for TS Eliot. And avoid the combination of AIDS and rectal cancer by staying out of the multiplex.

As to the rest...

James Bond # Whatever is not releasing until well into 2020. April, apparently. Not competing directly with SW.

Wonder Woman 1984 - June 2020 release date, not competing w/SW directly.

Sanic - November 8 or November 15, 2019 - but who truly cares? - Look for this one to be Old Yellered out of theaters before TRoS releases, though 100 million spergs in China maybe save this the way they saved Ready Player One overall, this one had the bomb sewn into its clothing by that ISIS UK chick at least as far as US box office goes.

Wicked - 2021 release date? So, yeah.

Edit: The Terminator movie? Weird hadn't heard of it at all. Looks like an exercise in cringe, but even if it is good it is releasing November 1.

Last edited:

GeneralFriendliness

kiwifarms.net
Your information is out of date. The only real competition is Jumanji 3 and Cats. Meaning, probably not much.

Jumanji 3 release date 12/13/2019 but it is still being shot. I wonder if they'll be ready? And if it is ready if it will be rushed and awful?

Cats - 12/20/2019 - Only homos and middle aged cat ladies care about this exercise in enforced faggotry. One can only weep for TS Eliot. And avoid the combination of AIDS and rectal cancer by staying out of the multiplex.

As to the rest...

James Bond # Whatever is not releasing until well into 2020. April, apparently. Not competing directly with SW.

Wonder Woman 1984 - June 2020 release date, not competing w/SW directly.

Sanic - November 8 or November 15, 2019 - but who truly cares? - Look for this one to be Old Yellered out of theaters before TRoS releases, though 100 million spergs in China maybe save this the way they saved Ready Player One overall, this one had the bomb sewn into its clothing by that ISIS UK chick at least as far as US box office goes.

Wicked - 2021 release date? So, yeah.
That's what I get for quoting Forbes and Kotaku...
Frozen 2 is still set for late November though. That film is bound to make a killing.

Elwood P. Dowd

I am the lizard king. I can do ... anything.
kiwifarms.net
Frozen 2 is still set for late November though, which still puts it as a potential rival. That film is bound to make a killing.
Interesting. They kind of did the same thing in 2018 w/Mary Poppins and The Nutcracker. And neither movie did particularly well, with Nutcracker being an out and out bomb. Probably not analogous, given that both of these should do well. I guess Disney figures in 2019 with movies so weirdly front loaded they don't think it will matter that much. I mean, four weeks separate them.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: GeneralFriendliness

GeneralFriendliness

kiwifarms.net
Interesting. They kind of did the same thing in 2018 w/Mary Poppins and The Nutcracker. And neither movie did particularly well, with Nutcracker being an out and out bomb. Probably not analogous, given that both of these should do well. I guess Disney figures in 2019 with movies so weirdly front loaded they don't think it will matter that much. I mean, four weeks separate them.
Wasn't there another Disney movie back in March 2018 that came out before Nutcracker that bombed terribly too? It was some fairy tail/time travel film that was marketed as being Disney's first film directed by a black woman with almost little mention of what its plot was about. Something "in Time"?

Last edited:

The Shadow

The Shadow knows!
kiwifarms.net

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wasn't there another Disney movie back in March 2018 that came out before Nutcracker that bombed terribly too? It was some fairy tail/time travel film that was marketed as being Disney first film directed by a black woman with almost little mention of what its plot was about. Something "in Time"?
A Wrinkle in Time. I don't even know the source material, but apparently, they went so overboard with being woke, they barely remembered to adapt the book the movie was based on...

The thing with Disney is that they always had a long lineage of shitty sequels, but nowadays, they don't make them straight to DVD, they push them into cinemas... or they try to sell the same movie over and over, after remaking them with a tiny, gimmicky twist that doesn't add anything to the story. Dumbo is the latest example. There's some lame b-plot about kids doing generic bland kids-in-a-Disney-cashgrab stuff, which to me looked like the directors caving in and admitting that there is nowhere to go with a remake of Dumbo, since there is literally nothing to change about the core story. So they introduce some foreign element in shape of a stupid family-focused storyline that has no reason to be in the movie outside of slightly altering it from the original.

Dr W

Heaven is void of light
kiwifarms.net
That's what I get for quoting Forbes and Kotaku...
Frozen 2 is still set for late November though. That film is bound to make a killing.
No the big problem is that JJ is a hack, there was no respect for continuity, and there was no plan for a saga with a Ma-Rey Sue as the main character, killing any potential for character development and growth.

Plissken

Gunslinger, Outlaw, Escape artist.
kiwifarms.net
It doesn't really matter. Star Wars is stained in both the eyes of the average joe and the fans. The only ones it'd appeal to are the far-leftists, but they don't watch these movies. Remember; Solo was an absolute disaster, and it wasn't because it was a spin-off. Rogue One showed that spin-offs could do well, as it made more than double it's production budget in box office. Solo didn't even break even. Why? Well, Solo released after The Last Jedi and after all of the insults that Kathleen Kennedy, Rian Johnson, and JJ threw at the fans. That's to say nothing of the average joe's reaction to political dogma being thrown in, like changing Lando into a pansexual when he wasn't before.

This shit isn't popular, and it isn't liked by anyone. Hell, the Last Jedi fell short of the Force Awaken's domestic box office by 300 million dollars.. That's pretty bad.

Also, if I may ask... If they aren't desperate as hell to win back fans, why would they include Palpatine? At all? There's no reason for it.

No, they know that the franchise is fucked, and are trying to scramble to plug the sinking ship by having last minute inclusions of characters from the old days before Disney, failing to realize that the reason the ship is really sinking is that they built it out of balsa wood, rather than taking the functional, albeit gaudy ship that was the previous iteration of Star Wars.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino