• “My holly jolly popcorn is being feasted upon lately, haha!”

Star Wars Griefing Thread (Formerly about Last Jedi)It's nothing like Empire... like.... at all, we promise

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by CowReserach Inc., Jul 23, 2017.

1. What Lucas original wanted to do after Star Wars had been released was to try and revive the "serials" format. "Star Wars" was not the intended series name, but "The Adventures of Luke Skywalker". They were meant to be produced as short low-budget movies with a really fast release rate.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Big Nasty

Big Nasty very large animal feces on property

kiwifarms.is
  2. Also fuck that guy, Vader being revealed to be Luke's father is one most remembered twists in cinema history.

When I watched TLJ and Snoke get bisected that elicited groans of annoyance. When Luke dies at the end that got silence and I'm positive that it wasn't the kind that the director was looking for cause I heard one guy from behind me go "What the hell? Why?"

• Agree Agree x 17
    • Like Like x 1
    Kurosaki Ichigo

Kurosaki Ichigo ADHD-powered

kiwifarms.is
  3. I mean, Super Leia will probably be remembered, but not in the same way Father Vader was.

• Agree Agree x 17
    SteelPlatedHeart

SteelPlatedHeart SOO FUCKING CRAZY
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  4. I think the other problem is that the Star Wars universe is too small. Star Wars is and always has been simple plots with grand visuals/iconography (they're the hero's journey to the letter) and they're using up that iconography too much. My money's on the franchise is going to collapse completely in the early 2020's, after Episode IX.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Salt Water Taffy

Salt Water Taffy Only bad witches are ugly.

kiwifarms.is
  5. they should have rey get pregnant by THE FORCE like whats-her-face did with darth vader and then the baby could be luke coming back from the afterlife. that way they could recast a young luke and have YOUNG LUKE adventure movies and also have movies set in the future with mark hamill as the older luke who comes back. problem solved.

• Like Like x 3
    • Feels Feels x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Autistic Autistic x 1
    SkeletonBias420

SkeletonBias420 markov chain
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  6. the problem isn't 'TLJ was made up as it went', it's that Lucasfilms doesn't seem to have anyone guiding the project. For better or worse, Lucas did that pretty well in OT- and from the looks of things, Kathleen Kennedy isn't.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Feels Feels x 2
    Hodor

Hodor z-list shitposter

kiwifarms.is
  7. I don't even know why he's still doing movies, have you seen his interviews most of the time? It's like he's your grandpa that was forced out of the house by his children to do the interview circuit. Why is he even working?

That's fanfiction tier stuff. You've established a character as unkillable since the force is just going to regenerate them. Then you've lost the stakes.

kiwifarms.is
  8. no, but then you can have a movie about him getting old again and he can start a new jedi academy to groom a new girl to force-impregnate. it's like poetry. boom. $2 billion gross.

SkeletonBias420

SkeletonBias420 markov chain
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  9. So Woody Allen as a Jedi?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    :thinking:

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  10. So he can have money to buy more planes to crash.

• Winner Winner x 4
    CWCissey

CWCissey Charming Man
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  11. Oh, what I would give to have been a fly in the room where that shit was given the greenlight.

How anyone in that studio could come up with such a scene and have it make it into the movie is beyond me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Vault Boy

Vault Boy Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.

kiwifarms.is
  12. Ask mrs. Kennedy.

:thinking:

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  13. When I checked Kennedy's IMDb her most recent credits included an unnamed Indiana Jones movie...

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Feels Feels x 3
    Kurosaki Ichigo

kiwifarms.is
  14. The new trilogy so far is already like a fanfiction, so might as well go all out.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Feels Feels x 1
    scorptatious

scorptatious What The Hell Am I Anyway?
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  15. Luke, did I ever tell you about the true origin of the Jedi? Once before the Republic was established, a bunch of floating pyramids whisked away beings from multiple planets to a world in the middle of nowhere. We began referring to ourselves as the Je'daii and worshiping the moons as symbols of the Force. Unfortunately this attracted the attention of magical fish-men named after some kind of cheese who wanted to eat the other beings in the galaxy. Thankfully their slaves backstabbed them by giving us the technology for lightsabers and interstellar travel. I believe the fish-men died off about a thousand years ago.

They were good friends.

• Winner Winner x 14
    kiwifarms.is
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Kurosaki Ichigo

kiwifarms.is
    • Informative Informative x 8
    Kamen Rider Black RX

Kamen Rider Black RX Winner: Cole Smithey Award for Valued Opinion
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  18. Since I just see this entire thread as “Star Wars Discussion” I’m gonna throw out some interesting trivia.
    George Lucas was working on ideas for a Han Solo spin-off before Disney even bought Star Wars. Heck, George himself even visited the set of Solo to talk with the director of the movie for certain scenes and moments.
    If anything, the ranking of which parts of Star Wars as a media are best come down to this.
    Comics > Spin-off movies > TV shows > Every trilogy.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    TheClorax

TheClorax Will be away for a while.

kiwifarms.is
  19. Getting the man himself to offer advice is a great idea, makes me a little bit more hopeful for Solo.

• Agree Agree x 5
    Vault Boy

Vault Boy Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.

kiwifarms.is
  20. George may be a horrible director, but he’s an amazing visionary. Which is why he would be a great president for Lucasfilm if Kennedy gets the boot.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    TheClorax

TheClorax Will be away for a while.

kiwifarms.is
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.