Star Wars Griefing Thread (RISE OF THE SKYWALKER SPOILERS) - Safety off

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slaying Anti-Lego Regiment
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For a movie full of "diversity" why the Hell don't we have more aliens? Hell, I think there were more aliens in the Mos Eisley Cantina than this trilogy.
No Biths despite being smarter than humans.

No Ithorians despite being as smart as humans and that their love and study of nature takes them everywhere.

No Gran despite being just as smart and as opportunistic as humans.

No Rodians despite being the border jumpers of the galaxy.

And No Twi'leks despite being the widespread former slave race of the galaxy.

Where did all these iconic fuckers go?
1576153817650.jpeg

Yes, I know Disney has come up with shitty explanations like zombie plagues, mining, disasters and the FO/Empire destroying/ruining a bunch of planets and aliens to explain where they all went. But why even do that? Only place you see them in Disney shit is in RO, Solo or media that takes place during or before the OT, and even the little bit of prequel media released now seems to be getting scarce on them. And the supposed upcoming trilogy is said to be titled Episodes X through XII. Is this what Iger meant by distancing SW from its original self? The rumors about Chewbacca dying might actually be true after all if that's the case. Disney, if you wanted to introduce some new aliens that badly, why not just do what George did and introduce new ones alongside the classics to ease people into them?

Hell even the bastard Vong didn't succeed at nuking the classic aliens, and they fucked over Rodia pretty damn hard, but then again, Rodia is always fucked.
1576154380238.jpeg

Anyway, here's a new poster. Its kind of poetic in a disturbing way. Disney's shitty OCs "join" together to destroy the foundation that was Star Wars while dethroning its most iconic symbol.
1576154424570.jpeg

Last edited:

RomanesEuntDomus

May contain nuts.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know, all this talk about this movie being a shitfest that will create a massive wave of outrage are nice and dandy, but there's one flaw:
This is clown world. A lot of people will seal-clap and pretend that bringing back Palpatine was planned from the start of TFA, that Rey's ancestry was always a major plot point and how everything neatly ties into each other... A lot of people will lap this shit up. We won't be seeing a massive blunder and a huge box office bomb. People will go see this movie in droves and enjoy it, since their threshold for being "entertained" is the cinematic equivalent of dangling keys in front of a baby's face.
"Oh man, did you see them exploshuns! That was so awesuuuum!" is what you will be hearing from all corners of the net and the ones saying "This movie sucked and it was a mess" will be a vocal minority.

Mandalorian and Fallen Order managed to boost the popularity a little, the brand has been a reinvigorated a bit. Some fans are too weak-willed to boycott, even though they hate TLJ. And from what I gather from the leaks, that's the kind of low-effort crap that the masses just love to consume. It's garbage, but it's popular garbage.

The only thing that I hope for is that the movie will see a massive dip over the first 2 weeks, cause everyone who wants to see it will watch it once and then no one else goes on the later showings. It will crawl past 1bn Dollars while doing so, I fear.

But maybe my fellow human being surprise me and this movie does bomb, but I doubt it.

2. Kylo and Rey are flailing around.
When you look at the poses of Kylo and Rey, it is obvious that neither are able to actually strike their opponent, since they are too close and Kylo's pose is awkward as fuck. Luke and Vader's poses are really like something straight out of a fencing manual of the middle ages.
Kylo and Rey lack any strength or impact in theirs.

Ginger Piglet

Fictional Manhunt Survivor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The Daily Mail is reporting that a Terminally ill fan has been given a private screening of the film. This is particularly poignant as apparently Disney hasn't allowed any test screenings.

This was on the Beeb a while back. Don't expect anything other than gushing praise though from that fan. They probably made him sign a stack of NDAs and non-disparagement clauses and if you shit on our film we'll legally fuck you like a whore on payday type agreements.

GeneralFriendliness

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know, all this talk about this movie being a shitfest that will create a massive wave of outrage are nice and dandy, but there's one flaw:
This is clown world. A lot of people will seal-clap and pretend that bringing back Palpatine was planned from the start of TFA, that Rey's ancestry was always a major plot point and how everything neatly ties into each other... A lot of people will lap this shit up. We won't be seeing a massive blunder and a huge box office bomb. People will go see this movie in droves and enjoy it, since their threshold for being "entertained" is the cinematic equivalent of dangling keys in front of a baby's face.
"Oh man, did you see them exploshuns! That was so awesuuuum!" is what you will be hearing from all corners of the net and the ones saying "This movie sucked and it was a mess" will be a vocal minority.

Mandalorian and Fallen Order managed to boost the popularity a little, the brand has been a reinvigorated a bit. Some fans are too weak-willed to boycott, even though they hate TLJ. And from what I gather from the leaks, that's the kind of low-effort crap that the masses just love to consume. It's garbage, but it's popular garbage.

The only thing that I hope for is that the movie will see a massive dip over the first 2 weeks, cause everyone who wants to see it will watch it once and then no one else goes on the later showings. It will crawl past 1bn Dollars while doing so, I fear.

But maybe my fellow human being surprise me and this movie does bomb, but I doubt it.

When you look at the poses of Kylo and Rey, it is obvious that neither are able to actually strike their opponent, since they are too close and Kylo's pose is awkward as fuck. Luke and Vader's poses are really like something straight out of a fencing manual of the middle ages.
Kylo and Rey lack any strength or impact in theirs.
Painfully true, but there's some hope, not much, but some. It seems even reddit's Star Wars hubs (the #1 realm of Disney Wars shillery aside from maybe Twitter) have begun to turn on IX, not because they hate what Disney is doing or that characters and settings have been fucked, but because the "fandom has become to toxic" and that the cast like Boyega and Ridley are ruining their love of things because of their "negative" and "toxic" comments. It seems Ridley's Trump comments and Boyega's negativity has turned people away, much like I hoped it would. But the most painful blow was the Burger King spoiler which killed their dreams of Reylo, resulting in a bunch of redditorfags making Burger King jokes and anti-Burger King memes.
r/StarWars is the only place where its not as intense because they're taking a more active role in deleting and banning "negative sentiment" since that place is basically run by Disney.

Also the Disney Wars event in Japan finally happened and it was mostly a press conference.
Its over an hour long and I'm not sitting through that shit, so if anyone else wants to torture themselves to find any funny tidbits or leaks being confirmed, then be my guest.

Gehenna

With every step, my Autism grows.
kiwifarms.net

Trig.Point

I wouldn't start from here.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This seems to be the most likely scenario for whatever the fuck is causing this behavioral twist in Boyega. I mean he's not even race baiting anymore which honestly felt like some shitty publicity thing. The man genuinely seems passive-aggressive now. Also its probably not just typecasting as a bumbling Stepin Fetchit-tier fool that's got his jimmies rustled, but he's probably resentful at Disney for giving him a crappy fanbase too who only see him as a piece of shitty yaoi-progressive fap bait who are always demanding that he kiss Isaac, because quite frankly the majority of his fanbase seems to be nothing but FinnPoe shippertards. So not only is his career fucked, but unlike the stars of olde, he doesn't even have a devoted fanbase, just a shared fanbase with Poe that only wants them to french each other, so Boyega probably can't even enjoy fan gatherings without being put into awkward positions or being giving awkward questions like whether or not he thinks Isaac is hot, which is not only embarrassing but probably damages his dating prospects. He also can't enjoy himself or have a good time with women without being accused of indecency, sexism or most prominently "gay erasure" because that's just the society we live in now...

The man seems to be screwed on all fronts and all he has now is just the money. Speaking of crazy fans, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if some crazy bitch tries to murder Adam Driver at some point.
Obviously financially he's set for life. I suspect though that he realised at some point that he the films weren't going to turn him into Harrison Ford, and that the writers and producers had little respect for his character and even less idea of what to do with him.

I wonder if it was when he got introduced to his tubby Asian love interest?

Love_Machine011

kiwifarms.net
If you want, I can explain it. It's long though.

TFA for all its problems introduced likable characters, and even Rey was tolerable when things began. So how they fucked that up might seem a little unusual for those not familiar with this sort of phenomenon, and is entirely predictable to those who've studied media at all the in the last decade:

A bunch of untalented speds got in charge of the clubhouse, and started gatekeeping. Originally, they were intending to keep political opponents out, push like-minded buddies to the forefront, but soon their net tightened and they cracked down on everyone more talented than they were. In short order, this led to coterie of like-minded, mostly untalented assholes who all agree with one another and who hate everyone who won't kiss their ass. Unfortunately, nobody wants their very artsy personal project shit, so they came upon a solution: rather than create something new or interesting (which would take effort), they would take existing franchises and then warp them until they fit their personal vision. This happens all the time in media, but it's really obvious to see now because many of the people doing this are now openly partisan in their politics.

For the new trilogy stan, their arguments have nothing to do with the movie's quality (or lack thereof) and everything to do with posturing. Most of the people stanning it self-evidently can't defend it for any reason that isn't a really stupid progressive talking point (the kind even SJWs would write off as being a stretch) or trenchant complaint about how the fandom is mean and deserved to not be catered to, ignoring the obvious fact that the fans are the people who self-evidently care about the series the most and would bring in easy money. So what's the real reason?

They'll never admit to it, but the reason they like the new trilogy is specifically because it's a fucking zero-talent mess that will never challenge them on any level. The quintessential easy mode that won't make them think, will uphold their stupid political and social worldviews, and denigrate those that disagree with them.

If you go looking through post-collapse Marvel's catalogue you'll see their comics are full of SJW-made heroes just like Rey - overpowered, never having to work for anything, never having meaningful challenges that aren't things they'll inevitably dominate. The supporting cast will never be more than checkboxes, the enemy never anything more than the embodiment of whatever evil they want to foist the blame for all problems on. Captain Planet villains will have more robust character motivations than their antagonists. So I'm not saying Rian Johnson is just another Social Justice-fellating postmodernist, but I am implying it, and we sure as shit know Kathleen Kennedy is.
WHAT THE FUCK DOES STAN MEAN?! WHAT THE FUCK DOES IT MEAN!? IM SO FUCKING SICK OF YOU ZOOMERS!

ZehnBoat

JUST FUCKING BAM
kiwifarms.net
WHAT THE FUCK DOES STAN MEAN?! WHAT THE FUCK DOES IT MEAN!? IM SO FUCKING SICK OF YOU ZOOMERS!
i'm not 100% sure but the best way i can explain it is:
someone who obsessively follows something, sometimes to the point where it becomes a part of their identity

for example:
k-pop stans basically only talk about k-pop, post k-pop gifs all the time and get angry if someone doesn't like k-pop and will hound them for having the "wrong" opinion

i think it's from the eminem song "stan"

GeneralFriendliness

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Shit has officially hit the fan.

Because of Boyega and Ridley's comments, hate and disappointment for IX has gotten out of control on Reddit and Twitter. Because of this, all the major Star Wars subreddits have gone from banning any hate towards IX to banning any discussion about IX.
1576160599802.png

You have to be ultra circlejerky and extra safe to even be able to discuss anything, and even then, 1 or 2 bad posts will be enough to get everything deleted.
1576160668276.png

JJ's moronic comments as well as his "subtle" jab at TLJ has caused even more of a stir.

Twitter mods haven't done anything yet, but shit is in total meltdown over there because of TLJ defenders, but some of you here have already made that clear by posting crazy tweets from nutjobs.
1576160992920.png

Last edited:

[email protected]

DESTROY US ALL!
kiwifarms.net
So far:
  • Trevorrow got fired for creative differences with mega cunt KK.
  • JJ edited the film on the fly during principal photography after agreeing to do it without a script.
  • Presumed test screening went poorly to the point of rushed reshoots.
  • Daisy bashed Trump supporters.
  • Boyaga and JJ trash TLJ, causing its shills to wish IX.
This is sure shaping up to be a timeless classic no one will forget after they leave the theater and not the empty headed consumers.

Jaimas

Fourth Echelon Shitposting Team Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Chill, my THHK-avatar'd friend. I didn't invent the term, and I only used it because @XtrmGamr719 asked using it.

It's a Twitter (originally Tumblr) term, and sadly I know the origin of it, so now you're going to know too and will probably, like most, feel dumber for having known.

The term originated as a reference to the Eminem song of the same name. While the song came out nearly two decades ago, it only really hit penetration as an online term in about 2010 when Tumblr, in their ongoing quest to retard the English language, began to borrow it from the K-Pop community, where the term had caught on, and the term subsequently caught on with Tumblr's autistic userbase, and soonafter, Twitter's as the inevitable cross-contamination happened.

As the term spread, it became unmoored from its original meaning and origin point, as The Tumblrettes claimed it was a portmanteau of both "stalker" and "fan," and they predominantly used that to describe people who would call them out for talking shit about people over their cause du jour.

Eventually when it reached Twitter, it became even less defined because Twitter's userbase considers even negligable deviation from party lines to be hell-worthy trespasses. It's now mostly used to describe people who support people/things that the woke Twitterati disapproves of, as they try to explain them away by inferring they're obsessive fans and not acknowledge the legitimacy of any backlash. In time, this led to those who despise the wote Twitterati adopting the term in turn and throwing their own definition right back at them.

verissimus

kiwifarms.net
So far:
  • JJ edited the film on the fly during principal photography after agreeing to do it without a script.
This is sure shaping up to be a timeless classic no one will forget after they leave the theater and not the empty headed consumers.
Even Lucas didn't screw up this badly during the prequels, and yet the shills still believe everything is fine. And people wonder what is wrong with society these days.

GeneralFriendliness

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So far:
Only thing more amusing is watching unpaid jannies everywhere try to shut down any and all discourse online. Its even causing Disney shills to get upset at not being able to talk about IX in any context, forcing them into dens of Disney Wars hate just to get a word in.

Judge Holden

Corpsefucker
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Speakin of the reshoots, anyone else think the "Kylo Ren is thrown into a pit and dies" ending was reshot to have him somehow survive and wind up with Rey on Tatooine?

I mean think about it. Not only would doing this appease the shipper untermensch who are the closest thing Disney has to the coveted "nu and improved fanbase" they threw everything away for, but its something they could desperately try and spin as "SEE! SEE! WE TOTALLY HAVENT THROWN THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY IN THE DUMPSTER AS NOW THE BASTARD SON OF HAN AND LEIA HAS SHACKED UP WITH PALPATINE'S MARY SUE CLONE AND THEIR BABIES WILL BE A BRAND NU SKYWALKER LINEAGE! PLEASE COME BACK OLDFANS!!!" conclusion to bring back the icky neckbeard nurdbros...somehow

....yeah I know it sounds fucking stupid but the engaged backlash against TLJ critics made clear how disney and media drones are obsessed with the idea that "the old fan manbabies are furious that rey isnt achtchully lukes daughter and a skywalker by blood" so they think throwing this fucking mess of a plot into the finale will magically appease said manbabies and bring them and their wallets back into the disney fold

I mean, the reshoots only ended like a week or two ago, and the leaked ending was around for a longass time before then so I think there is a good chance they will do this, and use it as a setup for "star wars 3000 years in the future with nu skywalker and friends" a couple years later.

Love_Machine011

kiwifarms.net
Chill, my THHK-avatar'd friend. I didn't invent the term, and I only used it because @XtrmGamr719 asked using it.

It's a Twitter (originally Tumblr) term, and sadly I know the origin of it, so now you're going to know too and will probably, like most, feel dumber for having known.

The term originated as a reference to the Eminem song of the same name. While the song came out nearly two decades ago, it only really hit penetration as an online term in about 2010 when Tumblr, in their ongoing quest to exceptional individual the English language, began to borrow it from the K-Pop community, where the term had caught on, and the term subsequently caught on with Tumblr's autistic userbase, and soonafter, Twitter's as the inevitable cross-contamination happened.

As the term spread, it became unmoored from its original meaning and origin point, as The Tumblrettes claimed it was a portmanteau of both "stalker" and "fan," and they predominantly used that to describe people who would call them out for talking shit about people over their cause du jour.

Eventually when it reached Twitter, it became even less defined because Twitter's userbase considers even negligable deviation from party lines to be hell-worthy trespasses. It's now mostly used to describe people who support people/things that the woke Twitterati disapproves of, as they try to explain them away by inferring they're obsessive fans and not acknowledge the legitimacy of any backlash. In time, this led to those who despise the wote Twitterati adopting the term in turn and throwing their own definition right back at them.
i'm not 100% sure but the best way i can explain it is:
someone who obsessively follows something, sometimes to the point where it becomes a part of their identity

for example:
k-pop stans basically only talk about k-pop, post k-pop gifs all the time and get angry if someone doesn't like k-pop and will hound them for having the "wrong" opinion

i think it's from the eminem song "stan"

I guess we are all star wars stans then huh.......

Tags
None