Star Wars Griefing Thread (THE RISE OF SKYWALKER SPOILERS) - Safety off

The Daily Mail is reporting that a Terminally ill fan has been given a private screening of the film. This is particularly poignant as apparently Disney hasn't allowed any test screenings.

That's horrifying. It's sad to think that a man is dying, and he can wish for anything, and he wishes to see the new Disney Star Wars movie. That's just tragic and dark.

Poe-Shen Zcela

Enjoy the cream boys. On hiatus for a bit
kiwifarms.net

Thanks for posting the video...
Geez, it's really not fair. The Sith get some underground temple with giant creepy Palpatine statues, the Jedi get frog-nun island and the withered remains of the Gummibear hideout.
Because everyone in Hollywood is evil, and being evil is cool. No matter how much they try to gaslight people into thinking they're moral paragons.

But nevermind that shit. Bring on the YTPs.

Dr W

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done.
kiwifarms.net
I tried to feel something when looking at that trailer. I really, really did.
I felt mild discomfort and tiredness when looking at this. It's blatantly evident how much of a shitshow this will be.
Also, Rey is still a super Sue from the looks of 1:10. Weren't these speeders supposed to be threatening? It took Luke actual effort to shake them off in ROTJ, at least.

RumblyTumbly

kiwifarms.net
Hope the link works. Palpatine is Snoke confirmed, we see the floating square, and the tanks of Snoke in background.
You know what the sad part is? As Rich Evans pointed out, even though it is completely stupid that The Emperor is in this movie and even though it is as lazy and desperate as it gets, I know that old motherfucker is going to be the most entertaining thing in the whole movie.

Because she's a lgbt+ women of color, and it's easy for them to scream racism and sexism if people don't like it. At least they don't have a chance to fuck up beloved characthers if they make a spin-off show with them.

Though I would be more open with a spin-off show about Max Rebo
View attachment 1048025
He's way more adearing and way less obnoxious than Dr.Aphra.
You know what? Having read the earlier Vader comics, I actually kind of liked her initially...until muh diversity and muh progressivism clearly took over when writing for her.

RomanesEuntDomus

Choke on these nuts
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That's horrifying. It's sad to think that a man is dying, and he can wish for anything, and he wishes to see the new Disney Star Wars movie. That's just tragic and dark.
Maybe after having seen that Disney has ruined Star Wars, he no longer had anything worth living for anyway and could go happily into the darkness, reuniting with the franchise killed by Kennedy.

Poe-Shen Zcela

Enjoy the cream boys. On hiatus for a bit
kiwifarms.net
You know what? Having read the earlier Vader comics, I actually kind of liked her initially...until muh diversity and muh progressivism clearly took over when writing for her.
So funny how that works, isn't it? It's like the people behind creating and shepherding this stuff are actually bigoted, but have successfully leveraged their status in media as social justice warriors in such a way that they can literally Force-project their racism or sexism onto whoever they please. Either that, or they really believe they're woke, but because they're poor loudmouthed losers, they get hired for cheap & can then follow marching orders from the political party that championed racism, sexism & general inhumanity to fellow men in the US: the Democratic Party. Via Hollywood, of course.

However you slice it, that "Hidden Misogyny & Racism in Star Wars" video makes some sense.

Last edited:

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've always been a fan of Supreme Leader Smoke:

View attachment 1048017

>my boy

The voiceover and the scene was pretty cool. But then everything that followed felt hollow and empty.

By the by, wasn't it funny how JonTron just went radio-silent on Star Wars after his StarCade series built up to The Force Awakens?

I'm just saying that I'll probably be watching this on opening day/night.

I got you fam:
View attachment 1048026
BAHAHAHAHA JARJAR IS SUCH A FUCKING HACK HE HAD TO RIP OFF JACKSON'S TAKE ON KHAZAD-DUM AND THE ARGONATH FOR HIS SHITTY CLONE FACTORY! NOT A FUCKING CREATIVE BONE IN HIS BODY! AND IT FULL ON FUCKING CONFIRMS THOSE LEAKS.

This film is going to be so fucking bad. It's glorious.

Last edited:

ZMOT

wat
kiwifarms.net
It's not even worth the download. I'll make RLM watch it for me and spoil it the whole way like they did with Solo.
eh, as much as I like RLM, their whole star wars stuff is pretty subdued when you consider shit's so bad they'd have a field day with it (and what put them on the map to begin with).
plus solo isn't actually that bad.

I suspected this was the case but I’ll never underestimate the potential for a fanboy to do this kind of shady shit for free.
that's what most start as tho, you need to be a fan of in the first place, not necessarily a sane or "good" one (no, tlj is an objectively shit movie).
then you have to consider what kind of people rise through the ranks to moderators or even admins. that's above the average fanboi level and the higher you go the more engaged you have to be, one way or another, and a lot of moderates with common sense split along the way since that's not the shit they signed up for. so over time any community turns to shit unless they actively gatekeep or are aware enough of it to stem it from turning into an echochamber.

if you add money into the mix it's simply setting a timer of when it will go to shit.

“Consume product because you like product” isn’t enough, there’s now also “consume product because if you don’t you’re a bad person”.

There’s a lot of documented exceptionalism and incompetence in Disney, but part of me wonders if the reality is less “go woke, go broke” and more “go woke, and twitter communists will look the other way while you buy up every major media company in the country, and go to bat for you while you do it.”

I get that the social justice crowd is fickle and never pleased, but I’m convinced that someone in a boardroom somewhere thought that putting effort into manipulating them was better than the alternative.
I think it's one of the reasons they try to turn everything into a "life brand" these days. if you say apple sucks, you can bet everybody with a steve jobs tattoo will take issue with that down to a personal level. same effect works on normalfags somewhat. you don't even have to spend any money on those tards, they gonna pay you.

the only saving grace is that most normalfags simply have bigger problems than to fetishize a product in their spare time, and this will be the case for quite a while, so that whole scheme only works to some extend. I mean who's gonna buy a darth vader casserole for 400 bucks?

plus it's not like the roman's had that shit figured out two thousand years ago. bread and circuses only works if people are fed and entertained, and given the reaction to epIX they don't even care anymore if they're entertained.

Capsaicin Addict

Dancing on the ashes of history.
kiwifarms.net
You know what the sad part is? As Rich Evans pointed out, even though it is completely stupid that The Emperor is in this movie and even though it is as lazy and desperate as it gets, I know that old motherfucker is going to be the most entertaining thing in the whole movie.

That was because Aphra's first appearance was in the 2015 Vader series, which was helmed by Kieron Gillen. I don't know what Gillen's politics are -- for all I know he's another raging SJW -- but I think he's a surprisingly good writer. I wish he'd go back to Uber and wrap it up properly.

The latest and last issue of Doctor Aphra is a fucking trainwreck, for all sorts of reasons. And that was after the LAST issue which had Aphra boffing her lesbian lover in a trash compactor.

But yes, before you ask. Fucking Aphra gets one over on Vader. Again. In fact she defeats him.

So much for the right hand of the Emperor. The guy who slaughtered who knows how many Jedi. Taken down by some scurvy little cunt just to make someone in Editorial feel good about 'muh patriarchy'.

I just... you can go read the shit if you like on the usual pirate-scan sites. I don't even want to stain KF's pages with this trash.

PseudoScrooge

kiwifarms.net
It was clear in the beginning that they had an initial direction for her, where she could have been interesting (as stated here before), but it quickly took a furious dump. Hell, they couldn't even decide what race she was. Every appearance, and cover she was on, she morphed into a new ethnicity or combination thereof! And, within a couple of issues, she firmly established herself as the worst character in comics, ever. A douche among douches.

Kiwi Lime Pie

The tasteful summer treat. 🥝🥧🐈
kiwifarms.net
Because of Boyega and Ridley's comments, hate and disappointment for IX has gotten out of control on Reddit and Twitter. Because of this, all the major Star Wars subreddits have gone from banning any hate towards IX to banning any discussion about IX.
Kind of funny how even the places these folks consider hugboxes are now banning any sort of SW discussion just to keep users from having hurt fee-fees. Gatekeeping indeed.

Can you imagine if all the cast members turn on one another or the fans start calling Ridley racist? They are going to burn every bridge they have.
I'm willing to bet that in the OT and even the PT, there may have been actors/actresses that didn't get along with each other. Yet, they realized that (1) they were professionals, and (2) they had a contract to honor. So, they put their differences aside during filming to get the job done even if it meant they avoided each other at all costs during downtime between shoots. Today, it seems as if celebs are either unwilling or unable to put their differences, keep their egos in check, and do the job they were hired to do. All this infighting makes the movie itself look bad and certainly won't make them look good for future consideration. Let's be honest, what decent director would want to hire someone who is so public with their hate for their co-workers in a particular film or even their hate of the movie(s) for which they were contracted? Anyone reasonable would want to avoid any actor or actress that brings that much drama with them to a set.

This is clown world. A lot of people will seal-clap and pretend that bringing back Palpatine was planned from the start of TFA, that Rey's ancestry was always a major plot point and how everything neatly ties into each other... A lot of people will lap this shit up. We won't be seeing a massive blunder and a huge box office bomb. People will go see this movie in droves and enjoy it, since their threshold for being "entertained" is the cinematic equivalent of dangling keys in front of a baby's face.
"Oh man, did you see them exploshuns! That was so awesuuuum!" is what you will be hearing from all corners of the net and the ones saying "This movie sucked and it was a mess" will be a vocal minority.
That's the sad thing about social media: polar opposites. On one side, there's SW shills and people who try to hide their ties to Disney hyping Episode IX as if it's the greatest film in the SW saga and that anyone that thinks otherwise is somehow an evil hater who must be made to see the error of their ways.

On the other side, we have those that may legitimately dislike the film but can't express their dislike without taking inappropriate potshots at those who liked any or all aspects of the film.

Anyone in the middle who may find the film "OK" or dislike it for whatever legitimately and civilly-expressed reasons gets scREEched at by both sides for being indecisive and somehow supporting the opposite side when that's most likely not the case.

Maybe I'm weird because I grew up liking shit that gets bashed all the fucking time (Pro Wrestling, Godzilla, 80s cartoons like He-Man, etc.) but I just don't understand this mentality of silencing and/or shaming people that hate the shit that you like.

I don't need the rest of the world to like my shit. As long as I get to enjoy it without any roadblocks, what's the problem?

I mean are you so trapped in your little bubble that you can't stand the idea of someone not liking something that you like? Or is this all so politically motivated that you have to defend your nerd hobby with near religious zeal?
The times have sadly changed. *sigh*

It used to be the case that people could like different things and it wasn't such a huge point of contention. To use your 80s examples, someone could be a huge GI Joe fan whereas their friends might have tried to watch the cartoon and couldn't get interested in it. They didn't hate GI-Joe per se, but it was something they remained indifferent about -- yet they didn't come to physical or verbal blows with their colleague for liking something different. That attitude tended to be mutual in any sort of circle of friends.

Now, there's this prevalent belief that in order to like or accept people, one must like, support, and agree with 100% of what they do. Anything less makes that person not a true ally in lockstep with them that deserves to be ridiculed, hated, unpersoned, and deplatformed. Something as simple as, "I dislike the Star Wars sequel trilogy," may be a civilly-expressed opinion in itself, yet it will trigger vitriolic, hateful messages in response should it be posted in most public fora.

DAY 6! 6 DAYS LEFT UNTIL PLAN 9: THE FALL OF SKYWALKER!
Majoras-Mask-Moon2.jpg
That orb face reminds me of the 80s fad toy, Madballs.
Madballs-small.png

If I was told I had to choose between a ST-era SW toy or an 80's-era Madball, I'd rather have the Madball.

GeneralFriendliness

A.W. "Noa" Brimley
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hope the link works. Palpatine is Snoke confirmed, we see the floating square, and the tanks of Snoke in background.
Right again!
1576208744072.png

Because she's a lgbt+ women of color, and it's easy for them to scream racism and sexism if people don't like it. At least they don't have a chance to fuck up beloved characthers if they make a spin-off show with them.

Though I would be more open with a spin-off show about Max Rebo
View attachment 1048025
He's way more adearing and way less obnoxious than Dr.Aphra.
I'd honestly watch a Max Rebo story to be honest, or for more content, a story about life in Jabba's court after Jabba's death. Gang wars, freedom, successors, the fate of sandy hutt empire, etc. It would probably work great as an animated thing for better emoting. Here's some nice fanart.
1576206510606.png

In old canon, the details of their lives after Jabba's death are quite interesting, especially for Max Rebo's band and Bib Fortuna, and many more have plenty of room for more expansion, except for Oola who sadly stayed dead in both canons (the fan artist took some liberties with her), but then again there's ways to work around this for those who might be interested, like writing it so Malakili the ex-Rancor keeper saved her out of pity, love, friendship or whatever comes to mind.

But in Disney canon, Max Rebo is just the brother of a more important character who is actually the main character of his story and is basically just a blue Han Solo who owes money to Jabba too, forcing them both into slavery once captured and both die on the sail barge along with everyone else and that's all there is too them... So instead we gotta have a story about mother fucking Doctor Aphra MD and her adventures with Shadow the 3PO, Shadow the R2, and Shadow the Chewbacca as they do nothing but spout dry sarcasm, snarky quips and complain a lot...

That was because Aphra's first appearance was in the 2015 Vader series, which was helmed by Kieron Gillen. I don't know what Gillen's politics are -- for all I know he's another raging SJW -- but I think he's a surprisingly good writer. I wish he'd go back to Uber and wrap it up properly.

The latest and last issue of Doctor Aphra is a fucking trainwreck, for all sorts of reasons. And that was after the LAST issue which had Aphra boffing her lesbian lover in a trash compactor.

But yes, before you ask. Fucking Aphra gets one over on Vader. Again. In fact she defeats him.

So much for the right hand of the Emperor. The guy who slaughtered who knows how many Jedi. Taken down by some scurvy little cunt just to make someone in Editorial feel good about 'muh patriarchy'.

I just... you can go read the shit if you like on the usual pirate-scan sites. I don't even want to stain KF's pages with this trash.
As if getting shamefully owned by a ginger and a bug-eyed baldy in Fallen Order wasn't bad enough, Vader has to get cucked to Aphra... AGAIN. I was enjoying her pitiful groveling so damn much... It was the first time she ever felt remotely humbled. And they had to go and tie her shit up on Tython of all places.

Last edited:

Jub-Jub

kiwifarms.net
I got you fam:
That fucking fight scene (1.19) We only ever see 1-2 second shots of it, but it gets me every time :story:
The question is why should any man with a pair of balls not be diametrically opposed to this and try to stop it at every turn?
Beta cucks will cut you off at the knees in an attempt to get a little bit of puss.

Tags
None