Stock Market, Business, and Investing General - News, Tips, etc

TerminalTryHard

Use your fucking blinker
kiwifarms.net
Stag is nice for a reit plus it appears there are two avenues of growth with it; dividend and capital gains. They aren't the most diverse, however, one of their biggest clients is Amazon. I haven't looked too far into it, but, their growth may be directly tied with Amazon. What did you end up going into instead?
IHAK, I'm already very reit heavy. I'm also expecting an increase in focus on cyber security after all these high profile ransomware attacks.

Absurdist Laughter

Honesty about my dishonesty is the policy.
kiwifarms.net
IHAK, I'm already very reit heavy. I'm also expecting an increase in focus on cyber security after all these high profile ransomware attacks.
Nice! I need to cut some of my positions, a lil overweight; just waiting for the Ex div on two and probably gonna bounce. I hadn't considered looking into Cyber Security, I think that is a very good bet!

usernames can change now!

2021 lol
kiwifarms.net
GNPK
balls deep

TheRedChair

Ultimate Chaos, Ultimate Confort.
kiwifarms.net
Just a heads up. Remember I have stated about waiting a bit to see what is going to happen and then make my move? Well It seems that a few corps are doing the same.

AGAIN It does not matter if you were as poor as fuck as I was. What matters is that you save MONEY. Everything else is just BULLSHIT.

And once you get a certain amount that you save... YOU INVEST WISELY.

Your portfolio should be Broad based. My current portfolio as of this moment, which of course can change quickly is 65% investment property, 30% cash and 5% stocks. Even my stocks are dividend based.

When I was younger it was more on stocks and less on cash but always 50% on investment properties. During the Dot.com era is was 50% investment properties, 45% mutual funds and 5% cash.

Oh and DON'T BE FUCKING GREEDY. You set a price point to bail and you do. Then work on your next assessment on what to invest next. I left 6 months early before the dot.com crash making a massive amount of money, because I had set my priorities when I was going to bail and I did. Millions of people and corporations did not.

So again just a heads up on things. The corps and myself are thinking very similarly. Heh and that's scary.

LennyAdd

kiwifarms.net
Made my first private equity investments over the past few days. Mostly stuff in AI/robotics/automation, but there were a handful of other things I found interesting enough to throw a small amount at.
Doing the same here, but it will be my second go now. And yeah, I'd say the technology area is a really good place to invest in, since most are likely to grow. Profited 30 dollars with 60 invested last time, after 6 months.

Bill The Fucker

BOTH OF 'EM
kiwifarms.net
Bought some QQQ puts dated a few months out. I'm expecting some disappointment in earnings from people going back into the office, and things being as frothy as they are usually means some hefty volatility. A further melt up is very possible (I'll probably tag half out at 360 and 365 if it keeps up having a perpetual price discovery of "higher"), but it's looking stretched enough to where i'm thinking the downside is fairly limited.

silverstacks

kiwifarms.net
So now I wonder just how much higher Newegg (NEGG, formerly LLIT) can keep going in the short-term. Check out what it's been doing these last three days after stagnating in the 10s for a whole month. I had already given up on it and pulled out (although still made some profit) moving on to something else.

Right now I'm nearly all-in on SSNT which has gone up over 50% since I bought, and I think I'm going to stay with that for now. It just kills me though missing out on that sudden jump with Newegg after holding it for such a long time right before it happened. (:_(

thejackal

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Please tell me - where is it profitable to invest money now?
Large cap tech. FAANG. Facebook, Apple, Alphabet, Netflix, Google. Add MSFT to that pile as well. Also, my old favorite SE, the "amazon of SE Asia". I was in at 85 and sold out at 140. It's now at 320. Feels sorta bad man.

Market breadth sucks right now and late August and September is historically a really bad time in the market. But don't try and time it unless you're dedicated and willing to trade at least part time 3-4 hours a day. Whatever you do, do not buy any shitty meme stocks. That shit is done. Most small caps are getting fucked right now and have been for 3-4 months. Invest in your blue chippers and if you want to just buy something really safe buy an ETF like SPY or QQQ or similar.

thejackal

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Get a real brokerage like td or etrade. Then invest in broad large cap etfs until you are comfortable, then stocks you liked and research. Then if you want to get into selling options sell cash secured puts and sell covered calls.
Eh, RH is fine. Broker doesn't matter, it's the person using the broker. Only thing about RH is NEVER let them do market fills for you. Always set a limit. Otherwise you're going to get fucked a few pennies per share everytime. That's basically their vig with the money they make off flow and frontrunning. FWIW TD has experienced more outages than RH the last six months or so.

Your puts post was def spot on. Nothing stops this market. The only thing that will make puts pay is a black swan or some huge "we're raising rates" flag from the Fed. Good luck predicting either one of those things. Just use index puts as a hedge if you're really scared and you own a shitload of shares. Otherwise you're just throwing money to the MMs and they have plenty already.

For a beginner I'd recommend just buying a few hundred shares of something and selling covered calls as well. Good way to get a bit of a handle on IV, extrinsic and intrinsic value and how the greeks will move the value of the contract.

the fall of man

thorns will take the earth
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Turned over a nice 20% bounce in DOCN recently. At the moment, I’m very heavily in oil (2022 demand will be hogher than 2019) and short real estate. ETF tickers: DRV USOI NRGU

Edit: Also, I’ve got a LendingClub put in, since they’ve bounced on dropping personal loans (and I think that’s retarded). We’ll see where they end up. ($LC)

Vexillology

I'd like to take a minute to talk about Nord VPN
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't know enough about IT to know who would benefit from an increased focus on ransomware. Would it be the big IT providers, or small firms that are privately traded (if they're traded at all)? Curious how you want to bring that into your portfolio.

TerminalTryHard

Use your fucking blinker
kiwifarms.net
I don't know enough about IT to know who would benefit from an increased focus on ransomware. Would it be the big IT providers, or small firms that are privately traded (if they're traded at all)? Curious how you want to bring that into your portfolio.
I'm not really trying to pick any individual company because I agree it's hard to know which companies will benefit the most. It's the reason I'm mostly sticking to ETFs such as IHAK. For what it's worth IHAK's largest holding is zscaler (ZS).

I'm expecting that slot of this remote working and hybrid work environments to stick around and I'm hoping to profit off of it. I also expected a whole lot more copy cat attacks after that pipeline fiasco which never really turned up, so take my opinion with a pound of salt.

ZeCommissar

This paper contains all the reasons you're a fag
kiwifarms.net
What do you guys currently think of uranium stocks? A lot of them have been making some pretty nasty gains these past few weeks shooting up 20% or more daily. UROY is doing pretty damn well right now, and is still relatively cheap at $5 where it was $4.5ish yesterday.

"Uranium Royalty believes the "global mega-trend toward de-carbonization is providing a major catalyst for carbon-free, safe, and reliable nuclear energy."

Going away from uranium for a minute I have a question to ask. What should a young working class 20 something like myself do in order to make fairly decent money in the stock market?

So i'm pretty new to the stock market, and while I have a good bit of expendable cash my portfolio is still pretty...small so its going to take awhile before I can see some real money moving. My big fear like most is making the wrong investment and losing a shit ton on money before pulling it out, or pulling out too early and missing out on more gains. People say the latter is far better than the former but that still sucks. I'm vulnerable to FOMO which is also why i'm asking about uranium.

My end goal with my stock investments is to play it safe with the majority of my portfolio consisting the "long term" investments that I just leave alone until i'm older, while doing more risky shit with the rest. Long term seems somewhat simple enough, I just don't know how to read the market to make a more "riskier" play yet.

Im not sure how much sense that makes but basically I want to have something comfortable I can sit on for the golden years, while still actively selling and using money I gain in the mean time from other investments.

TheRedChair

Ultimate Chaos, Ultimate Confort.
kiwifarms.net
What do you guys currently think of uranium stocks? A lot of them have been making some pretty nasty gains these past few weeks shooting up 20% or more daily. UROY is doing pretty damn well right now, and is still relatively cheap at $5 where it was $4.5ish yesterday.

"Uranium Royalty believes the "global mega-trend toward de-carbonization is providing a major catalyst for carbon-free, safe, and reliable nuclear energy."

Going away from uranium for a minute I have a question to ask. What should a young working class 20 something like myself do in order to make fairly decent money in the stock market?

So i'm pretty new to the stock market, and while I have a good bit of expendable cash my portfolio is still pretty...small so its going to take awhile before I can see some real money moving. My big fear like most is making the wrong investment and losing a shit ton on money before pulling it out, or pulling out too early and missing out on more gains. People say the latter is far better than the former but that still sucks. I'm vulnerable to FOMO which is also why i'm asking about uranium.

My end goal with my stock investments is to play it safe with the majority of my portfolio consisting the "long term" investments that I just leave alone until i'm older, while doing more risky shit with the rest. Long term seems somewhat simple enough, I just don't know how to read the market to make a more "riskier" play yet.

Im not sure how much sense that makes but basically I want to have something comfortable I can sit on for the golden years, while still actively selling and using money I gain in the mean time from other investments.
Well pretty much that is what I have done. 40+ years ago I was homeless. 35 years ago my portfolio was 70% investment properties and 30% cash. 30 to 20 years ago my portfolio was 30% stock which consisted of Index and Mutual funds which was broken down to 1/3 sections of risk light, medium, and heavy risk. 40% investment properties and 30% cash.

20 to 10 years ago it was 60% investment properties, 30% cash 10% index funds. 10 years to now it is 65% investment properties 35% cash. Myself leaving the stock market was recently. I may go back for the hell of it.

The reason why I posted this is because we all go through different parts of our lives and when we do we tend to go into a more conservative approach in our investments.

Do your research before investing.