Supernatural Fandom -

HighwayOverpass

kiwifarms.net
Makes me wonder how many death threats Danneel, Genevieve and Victoria get on a daily basis. Probably a lot.
from what I remember, Genevieve and Danneel got it the worst. Jensen supposedly brought Danneel to a convention once and Danneel got heckled and threatened so bad that he didn't want to do conventions in that city anymore. Genevieve got a lot of threats starting when her character was only involved with Jared's character, so I bet when they got married it got even worse.

the most I've seen fans say about Victoria is calling her ugly which is ironic considering what the fans look like. I guess because Misha Collins plays along with the fans' bullshit they think they have a chance with him.

speaking of Misha Collins, that reminds me of another disturbing part of the Supernatural fandom. years ago he starred in a movie called "Karla," which was a biopic about Paul Bernardo and his wife Karla Holmolka, two serial rapists and killers from Canada. when the movie was being made, there was a HUGE uproar in Canada since the rapes and murders were being acted out in explicit detail and the case haunted Canada. Collins happened to play Bernardo. I've seen the movie. it's really disturbing and paints Holmolka in a positive light. very unsettling movie.
once the fandom found this movie, they turned it into a fantasy for them, thinking it was sexy and funny and would make jokes to Misha at conventions despite him flat out saying he was ashamed of his part in the film and urging people NOT to watch it. he even said he and Laura Prepon, who played Karla, got a restraining order against the director because of the way the director acted, which was similar to how the fans reacted to the movie (calling it hot, sexy, funny, etc when the cast was crying after filming a scene). the fandom makes gifs of the rape scenes and fanvideos, they think it's great and hilarious even though Collins himself has asked them to stop. I have no idea why he still interacts with them when they are so disrespectful to him .

Oscar Wildean

Not Stephen Fry.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I honestly don't know what fandom is worse on Tumblr:
  1. Sherlock fans who threw a fit because the last season didn't end up with John and Sherlock fucking each other into oblivion and riding away into a rainbow. While boycotting the BBC because they didn't get their way after being warned ahead of time. (LOL)
  2. Supernatural fans continuing to make the actors uncomfortable because they allowed their fantasies to take over and continuing to ask them questions about the fake gay subtext.
Both are annoying.

Popcorn Apoptosis

Whoops.
kiwifarms.net
from what I remember, Genevieve and Danneel got it the worst. Jensen supposedly brought Danneel to a convention once and Danneel got heckled and threatened so bad that he didn't want to do conventions in that city anymore. Genevieve got a lot of threats starting when her character was only involved with Jared's character, so I bet when they got married it got even worse.

the most I've seen fans say about Victoria is calling her ugly which is ironic considering what the fans look like. I guess because Misha Collins plays along with the fans' bullshit they think they have a chance with him.

speaking of Misha Collins, that reminds me of another disturbing part of the Supernatural fandom. years ago he starred in a movie called "Karla," which was a biopic about Paul Bernardo and his wife Karla Holmolka, two serial rapists and killers from Canada. when the movie was being made, there was a HUGE uproar in Canada since the rapes and murders were being acted out in explicit detail and the case haunted Canada. Collins happened to play Bernardo. I've seen the movie. it's really disturbing and paints Holmolka in a positive light. very unsettling movie.
once the fandom found this movie, they turned it into a fantasy for them, thinking it was sexy and funny and would make jokes to Misha at conventions despite him flat out saying he was ashamed of his part in the film and urging people NOT to watch it. he even said he and Laura Prepon, who played Karla, got a restraining order against the director because of the way the director acted, which was similar to how the fans reacted to the movie (calling it hot, sexy, funny, etc when the cast was crying after filming a scene). the fandom makes gifs of the rape scenes and fanvideos, they think it's great and hilarious even though Collins himself has asked them to stop. I have no idea why he still interacts with them when they are so disrespectful to him .
I really wish I had a horrifying rating just now. Nothing else would fit. :(
:horrifying:

Lunatic Fringe

Hebephrenic Schizophrenic
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think the worst physical interaction I heard of was a fan at a London convention doing a running jump onto Jensen Ackles, wrapping her legs round his waist and hands round his head and trying to kiss him. He managed to get his forearm into her throat before she got that far. I believe that was the incident that made them get a personal body guard for all public events.

I quite like the show and I'll try and watch the series when it's on here but I have to say the Uber fans (especially Supernatural and Sherlock) have always been creepy and make you want to die from second hand cringe.

Telling the story of the throat punch here:

Android raptor

50% android, 50% raptor, 100% autistic
kiwifarms.net
Those stories are horrifying. Even bronies don't physically and sexually assault the cast members on a regular basis like that.

Also I'd heard about fanbrat tantrums being the reason they kept killing off female characters. I'm still early in the show but I thought Bella was really fun and would've liked to see her stick around a while longer.

Syaoran Li

Disney Delenda Est
kiwifarms.net
I tried to watch Supernatural because the premise looked interesting, reminding me of the tabletop role-playing game Hunter: The Vigil

I came in expecting Hunter: The Vigil, and what I got was one of the shittiest fandoms since My Little Pony. After one look at the rampant amounts of incest fanon and Real Person Fics, I noped the fuck out of there.

HighwayOverpass

kiwifarms.net
Jesus. This is terrifying. Remember when these scary fujoshi ladies essentially kicked out Ruby and Bella from the show?
Jo, too. I bet the sole reason she was killed off was just because the fans were so furious that she and Dean were close. I remember when she was first introduced, she was supposed to be a love interest for Dean who stuck around but because Alona Tal got so much negative feedback online from the fangirls, they changed it to more of a brother-sister relationship just to protect the actress.

And don't get me started on the backlash of Lisa lol. She hasn't been on the show in ages, yet I STILL see hate posts directed at the character AND the actress simply because she was a love interest for Dean. People love to comment on how female characters always get written out or killed off, but they neglect to mention that the actresses are probably sick of waking up to hundreds of death threats from the rabid fans and beg to be written out of the show.

I tried to watch Supernatural because the premise looked interesting, reminding me of the tabletop role-playing game Hunter: The Vigil

I came in expecting Hunter: The Vigil, and what I got was one of the shittiest fandoms since My Little Pony. After one look at the rampant amounts of incest fanon and Real Person Fics, I noped the fuck out of there.
I enjoyed the show a lot more before I discovered the fandom, especially online. I'm at the point where it's embarrassing to even admit that I liked it up until season 5, because I always expect people to assume I'm one of the creeps who are convinced that the cast have massive gay orgies at the end of every shoot.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I honestly don't know what fandom is worse on Tumblr:
  1. Sherlock fans who threw a fit because the last season didn't end up with John and Sherlock fucking each other into oblivion and riding away into a rainbow. While boycotting the BBC because they didn't get their way after being warned ahead of time. (LOL)
  2. Supernatural fans continuing to make the actors uncomfortable because they allowed their fantasies to take over and continuing to ask them questions about the fake gay subtext.
Both are annoying.
The worst is the mutant hybrid abomination called Superwholock. It combines the worst features of every fandom and does idiotic gay crossover ships of everyone.

HighwayOverpass

kiwifarms.net
I think the worst physical interaction I heard of was a fan at a London convention doing a running jump onto Jensen Ackles, wrapping her legs round his waist and hands round his head and trying to kiss him. He managed to get his forearm into her throat before she got that far. I believe that was the incident that made them get a personal body guard for all public events.
I hate how the crowd is laughing while he tells the story. that must have been terrifying for him, even though he's a strong guy. I can only imagine what it must feel like to have a complete stranger literally jump on you like that. trying to cop a feel or kiss is already pretty bad, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was worried she was going to try to hurt him. I hope he got a restraining order, though I guess getting punched in the throat taught her a lesson

SnowBall

God Tier Problematic
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Awhile back a fan actually found the house of one of the actors and reblogged the photo on Tumblr. They then asked a bunch of people for their Tumblr urls which were written on sticky notes and put on one of the trees on the property. I really don't remember what happened next. It was on Fandom Wank before the site went down.

Here it is.

Fandom Wank's report.

Last edited:

Begemot

You can't run away if the shadow is yours
kiwifarms.net
Ruby was a good character.
It's almost as if cisgender heteronormative relationships are anathema to these freaks. Ruby was fucking boss, so these dangerhairs screeched to the heavens until she and the others were tossed. Sheriff Jody Mills is there because she's not a threat to the the destiel agenda.

Last edited:

MintChocolateChip

Cykes you out in the end
kiwifarms.net
I wanna say the Destiel fans tend to be more entitled and douchey than the Wincest fans though. Seriously Destiel shippers have to be up there with Klance, Harmoine, and 1X2 shippers in terms of the horror stories I've heard about their awful behavior.
This is pretty much correct. Destiel has even gained the fandom nickname 'Destihellers' due to how insanely obnoxious the shippers of it are. Granted it really was just a way to take the heat off the shippers of it in general, so they could go "I'm a Destiel shipper, not a Destiheller". They're unashamedly convinced that the final episode of Supernatural is going to end on Castiel and Dean fucking on a heart shaped bed. And they tend to bug the actors about it A LOT. I'm pretty sure the moment Jensen Ackles drew the line with the shipping bullshit was when one of his fans literally printed and gave him a explicit image of himself and Castiel engaging in BDSM.

Speaking of, there's pretty dedicated communities outside of the whole 'shipping' bullshit that are convinced that one of the three main actors (take your pick which one) is absolutely, unabashedly abusing the other two. I've seen them get openly butthurt about gag reels because they've interpreted any of the three protagonists joking around on set as them 'sabotaging the others and sabotaging the show'. It's pretty fucking ridiculous.

I actually really do like the show (up to about season 5 or 6, then it got kinda wonky) but boy if I don't stay away from these fuckers with a 12 foot pole.

HighwayOverpass

kiwifarms.net
Awhile back a fan actually found the house of one of the actors and reblogged the photo on Tumblr. They then asked a bunch of people for their Tumblr urls which were written on sticky notes and put on one of the trees on the property. I really don't remember what happened next. It was on Fandom Wank before the site went down.

Here it is.

Fandom Wank's report.
how long until one of the fans actually ends up trying to murder the actors and their families? taking bets now

Vorhtbame

The prettiest zombie-slayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Speaking of, there's pretty dedicated communities outside of the whole 'shipping' bullshit that are convinced that one of the three main actors (take your pick which one) is absolutely, unabashedly abusing the other two. I've seen them get openly butthurt about gag reels because they've interpreted any of the three protagonists joking around on set as them 'sabotaging the others and sabotaging the show'. It's pretty fucking ridiculous.
What is it about this show that attracts people who are unfamiliar with how healthy friendships work? Who always read either abuse or sex into every interaction?

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino