Tabletop Roleplaying Games (D&D, Pathfinder, CoC, ETC.) -

REGENDarySumanai

Man of excellent taste
kiwifarms.net
Oh god... 15 people? That sounds like a chore. When every player just gets 2 minutes of time alotted to do something, that means you'd still wait for your turn for almost half an hour...
Not saying that's not gonna work, but I can't imagine how you'd get a good game flow going in such a scenario.
Fifteen? Good God.
My DM will find a way. He's been doing tabletop for at least 30+ years at this point as both DM and player.

Lurkio

kiwifarms.net
My current DM plans on having both of his groups play together in a single campaign, which will mean that there will be 15 players (one person isn't invited because she dated one of the players and slept with another). I can only imagine what everyone will choose. Since it's a 3.5 campaign, truenamer is completely off the table.
15 people? Just like the good old days!!!!!

Seriously, the first couple editions of D&D had group sized of about 8-15 people for every DM, needless to say, the DM had to be skilled and a bit of a hard ass or things got very chaotic, very quickly.

WinterMoonsLight

J'ai une âme solitaire
kiwifarms.net
Holy shit. I couldn't imagine running a game for 15 people. The biggest group I ever ran was 8, and that was a bit of a trial. Went back to my rule of five people max. That DM has balls if he can successfully pull that off.

thx1138

Are you now, or have you ever been?
kiwifarms.net
15 people? Just like the good old days!!!!!

Seriously, the first couple editions of D&D had group sized of about 8-15 people for every DM, needless to say, the DM had to be skilled and a bit of a hard ass or things got very chaotic, very quickly.
I regularly DM'ed 20, but it was a lot more like a war game back then.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Yeah... those big groups were made gone because those make encounters take way too long. I'm in a game of 7-9 and there's a reason our DM doesn't have too many fights. And this is with players who (mostly) know what they're doing and don't have to search for their actions.

Their original existance was because ADnD was a meat grinder and started life as a wargame.

thx1138

kiwifarms.net
Yeah... those big groups were made gone because those make encounters take way too long. I'm in a game of 7-9 and there's a reason our DM doesn't have too many fights. And this is with players who (mostly) know what they're doing and don't have to search for their actions.

Their original existance was because ADnD was a meat grinder and started life as a wargame.
I still find it fun though, but I understand why people play new versions.

Next Task

kiwifarms.net
The problem is: How would my character know about someone else's intentions and his morals?
Ask him? Maybe you could tell the player that your character is innately revolted by the concept of necromancy, and you'd like to figure out a way you could keep playing him with the group but without immediately declaring him an evil menace. Or just have the argument in-character. Either way, your character would have to weigh up that this person he's previously liked and been helped by turns out to be involved with something he finds disgusting and evil, and figure out whether that changes his opinion of necromancy as well as his opinion of the necromancer.

The thing being, in the D&D world, resurrection, coming back from the dead, dealing with the undead, it's all more common. And while it's usually evil, it doesn't have to be - I like that Herbert West, Re-Animator take. So while I feel for you having to deal with this revelation (I have difficulty playing with necromancers for much the same reason, and it's not a class I would choose), I'd suggest exhausting your roleplaying options first.

And if that doesn't work out, you could cast detect evil, and draw the line if he glows. Say 'I may not be a paragon of goodness, but I don't mess with corpses. Either he stops, or one of us walks.'

Or just start a rumour that you saw him fucking one of the corpses, and get him ostracised that way. When you only refer to him as 'Corpse-fucker', it has a way of sticking...

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sorry for the shortie and the late video; our weekend was busy and I may be getting sick:
Just a bitty story from the first campaign I DM'ed for.

REGENDarySumanai

Man of excellent taste
kiwifarms.net
If it fits within my DM's setting, I already thought of a character, a warforged warblade. If it becomes an epic campaign, I'll switch to duskblade unless there's any other classes that mesh better with a level 20 warblade.

thx1138

kiwifarms.net
20!‽? Jees, I can barely handle 7 people without ripping my hair out, I can't imagine how much of a Nightmare twenty people would be to handle!
Well, you get a couple of people to kind of help herd them. The Caller. Basically, they put their heads together and come up with a plan ("go down this hall," "sneak past the dragon" etc.), and the caller communicates that to the DM. Sure some people still shout stuff but it actually goes pretty well. The serious downside is that it is very much like a war game, and by the time of AD&D in the late 70s, when I was in HS, people who played D&D wanted more character centric happenings.

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Jesus, we keep having Saturdays not work. But great news for those dozen or so people who like the videos we spew out: no Saturday meant one of our gaming buddies could talk about some of his gaming stories and he agreed to it too.

So with that in mind, feel free to listen in to the legend that is Shane, a master of making things useless:
And yes; it is a proper episode, not a shorty.

Reactions: Syaoran Li

V0dka

I'm drunk.
kiwifarms.net
I was always partial to playing a low Rogue/high Bard back in the day, just because even thought Bards got Disable Device and Open locks, you had to be Rogue to be able to disarm high DC traps, plus I thought it odd that Rogues got the higher skillpoints even though technically Bards were supposed to be the ultimate Knowledge guys. So I ended up just going fuck it, and went with 1 Rogue/4 Bard.

Theres nothing quite like being the guy that can use every item, talk your way out of anything, and get through traps and into chests, have your DM tell you half of what you'd like to know, provide support for the party, haggle like a master merchant, and earn some money singing or playing the lute on the side.

Reactions: Syaoran Li

Adamska

Last Gunman
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So fun fact: you know how I inflict on this thread the Dice Scum episodes about every week since we usually talk shop and I'm shameless? Well last night something weird happened; we had a fucking boom in views that is still going to a degree. It's basically knocked our first episode to almost 500 views. During this time, a big boom of dislikes also cropped up on it.

So given how that screams gay ops, @NIGGO KILLA decided to don his robe and wizard hat to see if this was the case.

Turned out it was a gay mob instead.

And for those curious and can't be bothered with Facebook:
REEEEEEEEEEEE.jpg

So yeah; WE DIB IT.

Last edited:

Syaoran Li

Honorary Zoomer
kiwifarms.net
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino