Taekwondo -

LordDarkrai

I'm really feeling it!
kiwifarms.net
Is anyone else here into Taekwondo? If so, what do you like about the sport?

I joined back in 2012 and I really like it. It really helped to keep me in shape and the people there are generally nice.

Piss!

🏴 Heckin Valid Enby 🌹 ACAB 🏳️‍🌈 BLM 🏴
kiwifarms.net
I knew a guy who was into that, OP. It seemed kind of cool.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Tae Wkon Do is like normal kung fu but extra kick, right?

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think it's from Korea, and kung fu is from China, so they're kind of different. But I don't know, maybe they're based on the same thing. They do look pretty similar.
as far as I understand "kung fu" is marginally more specific than "beat people up"
but yeah Tae Kwon Do is totes a Korea thing, their Original Mazinger Do Not Steal runs off of it

Idiotron

The last sane person on Earth
kiwifarms.net
I do some Tae Kwon Do mostly for the flexibility.
All those kicks are great as a form of active stretching.

Crocodile Dundee

the perfect aussie specimen
kiwifarms.net
Black belt 2nd dan fag here, I started practising TKD when I was 12. What you'll learn epends on your Sabom's (Korean for sensei) ambitions for the Dojang (Korean for dojo). Funnily or not my instructor was a fucking ex DEA officer and the dude was a ball of PTSD and rage. Turned us all into fucking machines tho. Anyways, back on topic. As i grew older I realised that most martial arts are fucking yoga with extra steps BUT taekwondo is actually kinda useful outside competitions . Sure when you reach the higher levels in any martial art you must have learnt something but seriously, tkd teaches you to use your longest weapon ( ye fucking LAYGS) and you know what? In a society where every drunk bastards goes for a right hook using the extra reach and extra strenght of your legs is an autowin. Other than that, if you wanna take that shit seriously you have to weight train and cardio your ass off on top of the typical training, because teaching your body how to move and fight efficiently and without having to think is cool and all but if you run ouut of breath after 2 kicks of you cant break the shitty demonstration planks then whats the point?