Terrifying music. - For the people who love to scare themselves at 3 AM listening to eerie melodies.

DyingStarsForever

kiwifarms.net
does this count
A couple of years ago I listened to some concert performance by a polish composer (I think) that sounded kind of like this. It was atonal, heavy af, and was quite terrifying. I haven't been able to fin it since, does anyone know what I might be talking about?

Last edited:

TFT-A9

I identify as a 55-ton quadmech, shitlord
kiwifarms.net
I suppose it depends on what sets off the "spooky" bell in your brain maybe but

kazuhiro

kiwifarms.net
A couple of years ago I listened to come concert performance by a polish composer (I think) that sounded kind of like this. It was atonal, heavy af, and was quite terrifying. I Haven't been able to fin it since, does anyone know what I might be talking about?
Two possible candidates for the composer would be Witold Lutosławski or Krzysztof Penderecki, both of whom composed some pretty bleak works.

Here is Penderecki's Threnody, for the victims of Hiroshima:

Agree on Soundtracks for the Blind and Sadness Will Prevail - both grim in the wrong (or right) mood. @R.A.E.L. - that Aghast is class, not heard them before.

kazuhiro

kiwifarms.net

Positron

Wearing the same blue mask since 2004
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You are welcome! Penderecki has sone incredible music, I will listen to those cello concertos later.

My nomination for most terrifying music: Russian composer Galina Ivanovna Ustvolskaya's Symphony No. 5 "Amen," a setting of the Lord's Prayer:
@Positron
If Ustovolskaya's breathless bang-your-head-against-the-wall mood is your idea of terror, you might want to sample Gorecki's Lerchenmusik.

Shostakovich's Jewaboo mood no longer affects me any more, but I'm sure this music can still strike terror in many hearts:

talk sh1t

Was the NPC all along
kiwifarms.net
Gnaw Their Tongues has some pretty scary stuff, even though it's mostly due to the simultaneous onslaught of various noisy samples, I guess, which can be considered as cheating by some.

Stockhausen's "Luzifers Abschied" has some spooky moments. A lot of weird noises, wailing and rumblings from the choir.

L50LasPak

We have all the time in the world.
kiwifarms.net
This object is technically a musical instrument so;
(Seriously listen to the old guy explain it before you hear the sound, the setup makes it better)

Seven Costanza

kiwifarms.net
I listen to tons of black metal, doom metal, and so forth..... Most of it sounds pleasant to me: atmospheric, wistful, nostalgic, and so forth. Very rarely do I find something truly unsettling. This is a notable exception; it sounds uncomfortable in the best/worst way possible. There's a sincerity to this too, it was recorded in the 90s before the big "DSBM" thing took off.

An Sionnach Seang

Justin Bieber shit's like a cat!
kiwifarms.net
This object is technically a musical instrument so;
(Seriously listen to the old guy explain it before you hear the sound, the setup makes it better)

similarly, the purpose of Scottish war pipes was to scare the living shit out of the enemy
they worked on everyone from the Romans to the Nazis, and they're now banned from being deployed on the battlefield by the Geneva Convention
they're nowhere near as disturbing as that, though

My world my rules

kiwifarms.net
Music doesn't tend to scare me or tense me up alot, i often thought silence was more effective at that. But this track always tends to give me chills.

Bad Gateway

[shitposting angrily]
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why? Roll the top comment.
Captureadasdasdasdasd.JPG

I might never reach you
I only want to teach you, about you

From the mental hospital infiltration in Second Sight