Terrifying music. - For the people who love to scare themselves at 3 AM listening to eerie melodies.

Precocious Halfwit

I am your man Christmas parsnet
kiwifarms.net
Couple of gentle ones first. Absolutely no idea why the PJ Harvey and DiV songs unsettle me but they do!

Discovered Lingua Ignota through her work with The Body. To be honest her music invigorates me more than it terrifies me but the lyrics are very unsettling. Posting this example because it was a bit obvious to share any of the tracks where's she's screaming her lungs out.

This Indian album made me feel like I'd been pushed out of a speeding car when I first heard it. It's gotten easier to listen to over time but this relentless chug gave me the willies at first.

Probably the most chilling music I can think of now the obvious ones have already been submitted. It's a slog but it's worth it.

Owner of a Lonely Hole

Show me that fucking dirty broccoli bitch
kiwifarms.net
Couple of gentle ones first. Absolutely no idea why the PJ Harvey and DiV songs unsettle me but they do!

Discovered Lingua Ignota through her work with The Body. To be honest her music invigorates me more than it terrifies me but the lyrics are very unsettling. Posting this example because it was a bit obvious to share any of the tracks where's she's screaming her lungs out.

This Indian album made me feel like I'd been pushed out of a speeding car when I first heard it. It's gotten easier to listen to over time but this relentless chug gave me the willies at first.

Probably the most chilling music I can think of now the obvious ones have already been submitted. It's a slog but it's worth it.
I am so glad someone dropped PJ Harvey AND Lingua Ignota in the same post. My God. We MUST be friends. It has to happen now. As for my contribution: I am surprised with all of the metal songs in this list, I didn’t see anyone namecheck Sunn O))):
That whole album is killer.
But since a lot of my picks for this thread have already been listed (you guys have good taste) I will try to go for a deep cut.
This whole album is pure dread from start to finish. If you have the patience, please give it a listen.
Also, thanks for all the great new music, farmers!

Precocious Halfwit

I am your man Christmas parsnet
kiwifarms.net
Ah shit, I went through this thread with the intention of checking to see if anyone had posted Stalaggh and then fucking forgot! Good shout.

I am so glad someone dropped PJ Harvey AND Lingua Ignota in the same post. My God. We MUST be friends. It has to happen now. As for my contribution: I am surprised with all of the metal songs in this list, I didn’t see anyone namecheck Sunn O))):
That whole album is killer.
But since a lot of my picks for this thread have already been listed (you guys have good taste) I will try to go for a deep cut.
This whole album is pure dread from start to finish. If you have the patience, please give it a listen.
Also, thanks for all the great new music, farmers!
If you can recommend similar artists to Raime, we can be frens. I enjoyed that! Good call with Sunn O))) too, they're definitely capable of being extremely creepy. A friend of mine decided he was going to do MDMA before we saw them a few years ago and his face was one of the funniest and scariest things I've ever seen. He was well looked-after and quite safe, but he did look a bit like he'd seen Satan.

Thought of another couple of creepy listens! First, a bit of Portal, who are quite unsettling musically and scared the shit out of me when I saw them live.

Then Dir en grey. Not an especially scary band, but this B-side is fantastic.

cow-wannabe

kiwifarms.net
Throbbing Gristle - Hamburger Lady
Claimed to be inspired by a letter from a doctor about an extreme burn victim patient.

Late reply, but I was actually was reading through this thead and was actually going to post this myself. I listened to this back in the early 1990s and it freaked me out pretty badly. We were doing a lot of party-chemicals at the time, but somehow ended up listening to this instead of the usual chill-out tunes...bad move.

Anway expanding on the background the text is from a piece of mail art (mail art was random zine like fragments of prose and drawings that circles of artists round-robined to each other in the 60s/70s) from an artist known as 'Blaster' Al Ackerman. It detailed his time working as a medical technician in a burn ward in Portland Oregon. The text is really creepy but the music makes it doubly so. Throbbing Gristle were experimenting with lots of techniques like binaural beats, repetition, cut ups, ritual sounds and hypno stuff, and this piece is where it all comes together.

Just thought I'd add to the lore.

ksivy

Freshly roasted harassment
kiwifarms.net
It's anxiety in audio format. To think that this madman did all of this on a bloody saxophone. Yes, even the wailing part. It stars slowly, but really gets going after 1:30 mark and doesn't stop until the end.
Just to add: I feel almost physically ill after listening to it, but it might have a different effect on you.
He's the one who made the soundtrack for Hereditary ( 2018 )

Last edited:

On a toilet

kiwifarms.net
It's anxiety in audio format. To think that this madman did all of this on a bloody saxophone. Yes, even the wailing part. It stars slowly, but really gets going after 1:30 mark and doesn't stop until the end.
Just to add: I feel almost physically ill after listening to it, but it might have a different effect on you.
He's the one who made the soundtrack for Hereditary ( 2018 )
I think I've just found my new alarm clock wake up music. Thanks!

algiz

kiwifarms.net
Neat thread.
While this is certainly for a special kind of sperg (You'd have to be to actually listen to noise or "black industrial"/"dark ambient" projects) I think Maschinenzimmer 412 aka MZ.412 are pretty effective at what they're trying to do.
It does convey dank, musky industrial machines pounding away unrelentlessly quite effectively, probably what Ted Kaczynski hears in his nightmares, with more cheesy synths.

MLK Ultra

kiwifarms.net
The dance scene from Calvaire(The Ordeal), freezes my bones. Really good belgian horror. In the context of the movie this scene is frightening.