That hip hop thread... -

The Token Ethnic

今すぐパジャマを脱ぎ舍てて
kiwifarms.net
I'll admit I'm not much of a hip-hop fan and until recently, the only acts I genuinely liked were the Beastie Boys.

But I've been getting into that old-school 90's Memphis rap lately and damn, it's something else.

The lyrics on Live By Yo Rep are way more brutal than Cannibal Corpse or any other gore metal/grind band out there. I always found it funny when Juicy J went mainstream, but then again being underground doesn't pay the bills.

This was on the Kids soundtrack. Lo-Down are obscure since they only released two singles. The song manages to reference Jason Voorhees, Fright Night and the Klan.

WaveBreak

mountain dew, not 7up
kiwifarms.net
I'll admit I'm not much of a hip-hop fan and until recently, the only acts I genuinely liked were the Beastie Boys.

But I've been getting into that old-school 90's Memphis rap lately and damn, it's something else.

good taste. T6M invented triplet flows, how did you find them if I might ask? Aren't they considered underground?

Syaoran Li

Oh, What a Night! Late December back in '63!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
good taste. T6M invented triplet flows, how did you find them if I might ask? Aren't they considered underground?

Honestly, finding out about the old "Memphis Rap Sigils" creepypasta from /x/ made me look into it.

albert macdonald chan

Novice computer programmer and Norm Macdonald fan
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

After winning his first ever Grammy for King’s Disease back in March, Nas returns with a sequel to the album he dropped last night. His new song “Rare” is considered one of the highlights on the new album.

He even has a song with the likes of EPMD and Eminem, the latter which as far as I know is the first time these two have actually rapped on a song together:

Titos

Buried in a very very very deep grave
kiwifarms.net
Not really a huge hip hop fan outside of some basic shit but have been listening to alot of DemonDice lately and have no idea how to find similar stuff. Anyone feel like recommending some similar artists? A few tracks for example.