That Metal Thread -

Squid Diddler

The Cephalopod Menace
kiwifarms.net
Would recommend listening to the album Gin by Cobalt to anyone who hasn't checked it out. One of the only black metal records I think most people can enjoy whether they like black metal or not. Also one of the few black metal bands where you can actually make out what the fuck they're saying.
Excellent album, although I like their follow up a little more even though it didn't have Phil. I realize this may be controversial, but the Charlie Fell vocals, extra southern tinge, and lyrics scratch that itch perfectly for me.

Titos

Buried in a very very very deep grave
kiwifarms.net
Excellent album, although I like their follow up a little more even though it didn't have Phil. I realize this may be controversial, but the Charlie Fell vocals, extra southern tinge, and lyrics scratch that itch perfectly for me.
I like Slow Forever too, but what they did to Phil was retarded.

All Cops Are Based

kiwifarms.net
I'm thinking the new Inquisition is their best in over a decade. (Including their 2011 release--I never really liked that one much, despite its popularity.) It's just growing on me with time.
You can still hear the soul of 90s BM in all those folky/quasi-medieval sounding leads, and somehow it's not cheesy or kitschy sounding at all. It works. Most fitting production job in ages too.
I like this new spacey laid back easy listening Inquisition much more than aggro blasturbation Inquisition.

Last edited:

Islamic Creampie

kiwifarms.net
Good album, but I thought it was too long. Extreme metal never really needs to be over an hour, especially when the entire LP is midpaced. Caused a lot of tears though. AND sold like hotcakes, so that's always nice to see.

Hoping the new Abzu does the same.

RichardMongler

Causing much mayhem, dropping drama
kiwifarms.net
This might be too big to display ITT, but here's an updated chart.

Attachments

• Essential Nationalist Metal NEW 2020.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 73

Islamic Creampie

kiwifarms.net
Did you put that together? Definitely some great stuff on there. Been listening to some Pantheon myself lately, and have spent way too much money the past couple of days picking up some of their albums.

Also cool to see Campo de Mayo and Nachtgeblut on there. Met the dude once. Bit awkward, but nice enough. Definitely some good Argentine black metal around.

Juan?

TRAN RANCH IS UNDER SEIGE, UNDER LOCKDOWN.
kiwifarms.net
Thrash N' Stuff

I swear there's some Voivod influence on this.

Juan?

TRAN RANCH IS UNDER SEIGE, UNDER LOCKDOWN.
kiwifarms.net
found this black metal track while looking for a australian thrash band of the same name. sounds pretty good ngl.

SuperConglomerateWhale

MY BIKE!
kiwifarms.net

I’ve been listening to Ex Deo lately and right now I also have Gott Mit Uns in my head.
Sabaton, Amon Amarth and Ex Deo make a great combination of European history/culture (I’m including Norse there too) that make me want to just go berserker at Stamford.

KingGeedorah

The Monster From Planet X
kiwifarms.net

alright here's some more stuff I've found.

Both classics. Dissection's output after Storm is pretty bad, and their lead vocalist was some dumb Satanist who went to jail for killing a dude. He did his time, got out, made an album and shot himself in the head. Album sucks though.

Cynic is great. Check out Uroboric Forms, it's demos and early stuff that sounds similar to Focus.

Last edited: