The Beatles Thread - Includes Post-Beatles Works

Golly

[warbles internally]
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm not a crazy Beatles fanatic, but I definitely have some favorites.
Namely, I Am The Walrus and Fool On The Hill.
Videos related because even though a gajillion and one people have heard them, I like multimedia-ing the place up.

[youtube]42luHhrsNhg[/youtube]
[youtube]y0AcHR_0PzU[/youtube]

darkhorse816

WOOF!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I love I Am The Walrus. John Lennon pretty much was tired of people look at their songs and trying to find some hidden meaning (the ones that had a meaning had a meaning, and it was obvious) so John wrote I Am The Walrus which is the epitome of nonsense, and it was his way of trolling people. And John loved messing with people, which is one of the reasons I love the guy so much.

BTW, I really want that suit George is wearing on the Blue Album (that's what some of us call the 1967-1970 compilation). I love pinstripes.

I know, I'm fangirling, but I have a total crush on John and George. And I do a pretty darn good George impersonation.

I'm a second generation fan, and we're pretty kinky.

Bugaboo

I have to kill fast and bullets too slow
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dude I have an uncle who doesn't like the Beatles. I think he might be an alien D:

Niachu

Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I'm more into 70's music, but there are some songs by them I really like. 'Let It Be' has to be my favorite.

Asuka

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Can't stand The Beatles and I think they are way overrated when it comes to their psychedelic style of music, but "Let It Be" and "Twist and Shout" are two songs that are stuck in my head forever.

Dr.Research

Dissertation Topic: Lolcows
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I hate the Beatles. I find them boring as fuck and at this point I'm tired of hearing how everyone loves them. I don't mean to get hipster on anyone or assume anyone isn't in charge of their own preferences, but I think most people only really 'love' them because everyone hears how great they are and how everyone else likes them.

Spudnik

A new low
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I just can't get really into the Beatles. They're way, way, overhyped. To me, they never actually innovated a sound, they just adjusted to popular styles when it was convenient, and they have a bad habit of doing tracks with complete nonsense lyrics, because that's an easy "psych" thing that the kids like, in this regard, Sgt.Pepper is the worst offender.

I should be fair and note that I almost exclusively like minor-key rock-family stuff, and don't have a taste for "pop" at all.

That being said, I do like I want you (Shes so heavy), and Tomorrow never Knows

ObeseScreamingBlackMan

The Autism Dream
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My dad is super :autism: for the Beatles and has their whole main discography plus tons of other stuff. But, he should be, since he was right there to buy their first US release as a kid.

I heard them a ton growing up as a result, but I'm not a fan.

fried_kooch

#1 bibleman fan
Person of Interest
kiwifarms.net
the beatles are really fuckin overrated, and they really didn't do that much for western music. the who, led zeppelin, and the rolling stones each did more for inspiring young songwriters and musicians, and every band i just listed lasted longer, wrote better albums, and toured more. that, and the beatles were really a pop band that started out as a bunch of wannabes; it took them 3 albums to even become interesting as songwriters.

Replicant Sasquatch

Do Lolcows Dream of Electric Hedgehog Pokemon?
kiwifarms.net
I don't really like the Beatles. I don't hate them, but if I'll be damned if I'm ever gonna sit through Come Together one more time.

That said, I do genuinely like Eleanor Rigby. Probably the one song by them I like.

B

BX 752

kiwifarms.net
I don't really like the Beatles. I don't hate them, but if I'll be damned if I'm ever gonna sit through Come Together one more time.

That said, I do genuinely like Eleanor Rigby. Probably the one song by them I like.
HERE COME OL' FLAT TOP

ZepFloyd94

kiwifarms.net
My dad doesn't think much of the Beatles. He doesn't hate them, but he prefers bands like Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, and Santana.

Personally, while they're not my favorite band ever, I really enjoy their output. I still think Abbey Road is the best final album ever.

W00K #17

Welcome to the party bitch
kiwifarms.net
It's a fucking travesty that this thread doesn't even have a full page.

WTF kiwifarms??