The Beatles Thread - Includes Post-Beatles Works

Tron: Deadly Dicks

It's hard to fuck a moth and Godzilla ain't picky.
kiwifarms.net
Like they did with Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band in 2017 and The Beatles (the White Album) in 2018, they're releasing a newly remixed version of Abbey Road this september,, and they've released one of the songs on youtube already:

Plus an alternate instrumental take:

And they both sound fabulous <3

It'll be just like with Sgt. Pepper and the White Album, with the first LP/CD being the remixed album and the next two being alternate takes/outtakes, and this time they're putting in a bluray with a 5.1 surround mix of the album and more extras. I can barely wait ;-;

Thing is, people have been wondering why Apple Corps hasn't released anniversary editions of the beatles albums before Sgt. Pepper (Please Please Me, With The Beatles, A Hard Day's Night, Beatles For Sale, Help, Rubber Soul, Revolver) and misc albums like the Yellow Submarine soundtrack and Magical Mystery Tour, but from what I've read they don't really have unreleased materials for all those (maybe they do for Yellow Submarine/Magical Mystery Tour but almost all the songs in Yellow Submarine were released on other albums or as singles and MMT still is half original songs and half existing songs), and in the case of the oldest Beatles albums they have lost the masters meaning they couldn't do much to remix them like they did with Sgt. Pepper and co.

Which honestly sucks because I'd kill to be able to listen to a proper Stereo mix of my favourite album of all time, Revolver.

Recoil

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm not seeing the Grey Album mentioned?
It's the verses from Jay-Z's Black album, with beats made out of Beatles samples from the White album. Here's a slice:

Even better is Wu-Tang Vs. The Beatles:

kiwifarms.net
I'm not seeing the Grey Album mentioned?
It's the verses from Jay-Z's Black album, with beats made out of Beatles samples from the White album. Here's a slice:

Even better is Wu-Tang Vs. The Beatles:

This is good

kiwifarms.net
So the abbey road super deluxe anniversary edition has been out on torrent sites and I took a peek and it's pretty great, but there are also times when you feel they muted the drums, and Ringo's drumming was half of what made beatles songs sound like beatles songs so you get I Want You (She's So Heavy) that sounds almost completely different because the drums don't have the same impact and oomf as the original version, but otherwise the rest is pretty excellent.

There were also other songs released on youtube before the proper release date (Which happens to be today, September 27):

Kelpy Goyim

kiwifarms.net
Beatles are cool and all but this is IMO the meanest they ever were.

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Revolution 9 is incredible in that it's a 53 year old song and yet I've never heard anything that even comes as close to being so nightmarish

Someday I'd like to drop acid and listen to it on high quality headphones because I guess I just want to see what going to Hell is like

infamousbeing

I gots me jelly pony. Awwww riiiight
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I will never get over smash mouth doing a Beatles cover for the cat in the hat movie, those words should never be in a sentence together.

Child Smacker

I smack children
kiwifarms.net
I used to love listening to this on LP:

Annoyingly the track immediately after is Octopus Garden.
That's gotta be my favourite Beatles track, that outro is so fucking heavy for 1969. Mind blowing stuff.

Always liked Rain too, really showcases how unique of a rhythm section Ringo and Paul truly were.