THE BIRD THREAD - Post birds, discuss birds or even sniff birds.

How much do you love birds?

• Total voters

Positron

Subconsciously Suberogatory
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Lyrebirds are pretty sweet, but I'm sure they'd drive you nuts quickly!
This must be an old bird who remembers the sound of camera clatters. New birds would more likely to have the ringtones from all brands of cell phones in their repertoire.

• Feels
Reactions: Coldgrip

Bender

I bend stuff, usually the truth.
kiwifarms.net
I have a few magpies that land outside my window every day, one scared the shit out of me by beaking the window a couple of times. I keep trying to open my window to feed them, but they fly off when I open the window, any advice for trying to get them to get used to me/opening windows?

Reactions: LateNightMuffin

El Porko Fako

Jive Turkey
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have a few magpies that land outside my window every day, one scared the shit out of me by beaking the window a couple of times. I keep trying to open my window to feed them, but they fly off when I open the window, any advice for trying to get them to get used to me/opening windows?
Leave some seed or food outside the window sill, preferably something that won't destroy their intestines. Their corvids, so they're pretty smart and will eventually associate you opening your window with food. If you're fortunate, they'll bring you gifts. A friend of mine feed a couple of crows cherry seeds outside her apartment. If you're lucky, they'll bring you stolen rings or something shiny. If you're unlucky like my friend, they'll bring you mice skulls. It's the thought that counts though.

Offen Ded Tardreee

Survivor of the 2019 leaks, and still no pizza...
kiwifarms.net
C77A339D-6EE0-4798-A84B-8EAA44FFF248.jpeg06366EAF-EA7A-482E-9B23-26312C4F60D7.jpegA3202FBD-342A-4D6A-A619-3C4D5C40FD9E.jpeg7A4D81E3-7A43-406C-A42A-64F073E502E5.jpeg
My old lutino ringneck, Banana. This is old picture around 10 years ago. Grew up with her, she’s still alive and just as psychotic. My wife still can’t handle her and gets jealous when I play/handle her. I posted this in the pets thread, shoulda done some digging for this one instead!

Attachments

Rat Lord

Sniffsniffsniffsnifff
kiwifarms.net
20190816_020644.jpg
20190814_131741.jpg

So a family of doves live up in my covered patio, just a few days ago they kicked this little guy out because mama laid more eggs, and he ended up breaking his wing from the fall. I got him set up in my large parakeet cage right now, hopefully he heals up enough to release soon.

I'm amazed at how he is unfazed by me handling him.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino