Joshua Wise & Stephen Boyd The Chris-Chan Extortionists - and the End of Evangelion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not saying it's impossible, Jennifer Connelly could override my choices with %100 success. We're all products of behavioral manipulation. I'm sure there where plenty of assholes trying to work an angle on Chris around the idea guy time, (that weird group of puppet fuckers for one), but Chris chose Wise and Boyd's narrative. That's where I'm saying Chris's power of choice comes in. Which bait to bite.
Most people aren't usually subjected to behavior manipulation by people who are able to invade their life IRL. Most people aren't the subject of competitive attacks by many, many groups of people colluding to manipulate them.

Like normal behavior manipulation is like advertising. And the behavioral manipulation Chris was subjected to is like having an advertising firm have like five randos pretend to befriend you IRL over the course of six months, and then sneaking into your place to break each cell phone you buy and then after awhile suggesting you buy their brand instead.

There might be fifty groups trying to get at Chris at a given time, each trying a different ploy. That Chris picks one over the other doesn't mean Chris is choosing the manipulation. The manipulation is going to happen whether Chris wants it or not.

LoveYouLongTime

kiwifarms.net
Wise, at the very least, didn't immediately jump to "hey Chris I have lasers pointed at CWCville go get me $6,000 worth of gift cards. His first go around he established his belief in CPU goddess shit, which fits Chris' narrative. Chris is mentally unwell to the extent you can't apply logical thinking to him. He doesn't willfully choose to be manipulated, only that he goes along with whoever appeals to his beliefs the best. From there it escalated to Wise's second attempt with his friends. They roleplayed with him and built up the foundation to where they could extort him and convince him to do things he thought he was being forced to do. It's like when manipulators keep their victims in a state of semi starvation and sleep deprivation. They're a lot more pliable. If someone emailed or even called Chris to tell him, "I'm going to drop a nuclear bomb on CWCville" he would go "*stress sighs* No no no Magichan told me there is no nuclear bomb, troll!"

fiu0cm

kiwifarms.net
Court cases are public so that individuals can audit them. I don't think criticisms of someone's motivations for attending a particular trial are ever valid.
I mean, sure? I don't mean it as a criticism to question the normality of people going to a specific court case for a specific autist from the internet. But it's absolutely going out of your way, especially when the intent is to gather new content. It's a little absurd to twist this into people exercising their civic responsibility, rather than following around an autist.

It depends on which aspects of the forum you're talking about.

To start with, I don't believe someone can be "cyberstalked". I don't think it's a thing. Public content you put out is fundamentally subject to be viewed.

The defining component of stalking is that you're going out of your way. If you keep running into the same person because you both take the same bus line to work everyday, that's not stalking. Even if they really hope to run into you everyday, perhaps to spy on you, it's not stalking because it's not out of their way.

Since on the internet, everything's at your fingertips, with things being more automated everyday, I don't think it's possible to stalk someone on the internet. Nothing is ever out of your way on the internet.

Every social media site has APIs and feeds that can be aggregated and monitored in real time. That's what you're getting into when you get into social media.

Other privacy violations (like leaking emails) fall into other categories.
I'd describe the obsessive nature of the discussion and archival of content from Chris on this forum as stalking. Accessibility isn't a defining characteristic of stalking. You can stalk people in places where there is no reasonable expectation of privacy. The internet is just modulating accessibility.

I'd argue that most internet activity is going out of your way. Most people don't have many obligations that include going on the internet, going to specific social media sites, or going to a forum that documents the lives of exceptional individuals. This forum is out of my way, the CWCki is out of my way, Chris' Twitter account is out of my way, and I think it would be reasonable to assume that the same is true for most people on this forum. It's not like kiwifarms just happens to be on your way to work every day.

I'm not making any moral judgment of this forum or most of the activity surrounding Chris. I enjoy Chris and the discussion around him. But I think it's accurate, by connotation and denotation, to describe the activity of this forum as stalking. I think it's accurate to describe the behavior of the Twitter speds calling the police and animal control on Chris as stalking. I think it's accurate to describe the behavior of the Idea Guys as stalking (and more).

In general, I think the overall culture of kiwifarms is OK when it comes to distancing itself from responsibility with people actually stalking Chris IRL. And people who get caught trying to fuck with Chris get mocked relentlessly. Consider what happened to LagoonaBlue recently.

Really, the only complaint I have is when people think Chris realistically has a choice in all this. He doesn't.
I'm also fine with the behavior and culture here, I wouldn't be here if I thought otherwise. I think the reaction of the forum to the Idea Guys or A-logs is a collective understanding that there is such a thing as going to far in what we do here. Still, the reaction doesn't expunge culpability. I don't think it's a reasonable to say that the culture surrounding Chris doesn't encourage autists like Harriet to shit on Chris all the time.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'd describe the obsessive nature of the discussion and archival of content from Chris on this forum as stalking. Accessibility isn't a defining characteristic of stalking. You can stalk people in places where there is no reasonable expectation of privacy. The internet is just modulating accessibility.

I'd argue that most internet activity is going out of your way. Most people don't have many obligations that include going on the internet, going to specific social media sites, or going to a forum that documents the lives of exceptional individuals. This forum is out of my way, the CWCki is out of my way, Chris' Twitter account is out of my way, and I think it would be reasonable to assume that the same is true for most people on this forum. It's not like kiwifarms just happens to be on your way to work every day.
"Out of your way" is defined in terms of it being strenuous or taxing. Chris' social media is like a television channel. You're not going out of your way to switch tv channels.

You can't stalk someone if the content is piped into your house, even if you specifically choose that particular pipe.

Following someone around IRL with a camcorder is stalking.

Edit: Perhaps you could say it's metaphorically stalking. But that's it.
I don't think it's a reasonable to say that the culture surrounding Chris doesn't encourage autists like Harriet to shit on Chris all the time.
It discourages them as far as it can feasibly do so. Ultimately there's no bottom line for how stupid people will be, but the vast majority of regular kiwi readers know it's best not to fuck with Chris.

Cheeseburger Picnic

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Most people don't have many obligations that include going on the internet, going to specific social media sites, or going to a forum that documents the lives of exceptional individuals. This forum is out of my way, the CWCki is out of my way, Chris' Twitter account is out of my way, and I think it would be reasonable to assume that the same is true for most people on this forum. It's not like kiwifarms just happens to be on your way to work every day.

Nigga it takes a fraction of a second to redirect my phone's browser to the CWC board when I'm taking a long shit on company time.

Brian Butterfield

Satisfaction guaranteed...no matter what.
kiwifarms.net
Reading this genuinely put a pit in my stomach, I never used to feel bad for Chris, right now i feel fucking awful for them.
This log is 3 months after the Idea Guys were exposed. Chris knew full well that they were full of shit yet persisted in contacting them and playacting his imaginary dimensional bullshit. For 9 hours.

That recent video of him pulling his pud while "singing" All Star? That was made around this time.

Second Missing Primarch

Rangdan Xenocides 860-930.M31: Never Forget
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Give it a week, or read any given 9 or 10 of his tweets since this thread was born. For me, it passed quickly & is probably never going to come back.

I've always been amazed by Chris's ability to so rapidly piss away any sympathy he's earned from whatever shit has befallen him. I think I hit my limit right around the time of the Gamestop macing incident. It wasn't even the actual macing that did it for me. It was more the sheer arrogance and entitlement he displayed.

Marvin

Christorical Figure
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This log is 3 months after the Idea Guys were exposed. Chris knew full well that they were full of shit yet persisted in contacting them and playacting his imaginary dimensional bullshit. For 9 hours.

That recent video of him pulling his pud while "singing" All Star? That was made around this time.
No, the Idea Guys weren't shut down until after that.

AnOminous

μολὼν λαβέ
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I hope anyone who has trolled Chris gets cancer.

I hope they get cancer that makes them fat and then people make fun of them for being fat and having cancer.

I wonder what they get out of doing that. Can't be particularly interesting to sit in silence and listen to a bunch of people take fines for parking violations, unless you're like, a high school student thinking of pursuing a career in law or something.

Civil cases are often about really petty shit that nobody cares about except the people directly involved and they can get really funny when they chimp out about it, especially when one or both are obviously nuts.

Apteryx Owenii

Happy to no longer have CWC-related username
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A good portion of small claims court litigants are potential lolcows. We could probably get a bunch more threads by just hanging around for the really weird people who are willing to sue over $10.

DragoonSierra

kiwifarms.net
  • How many cows we cover here had people come up to them, act like their friends/girlfriends for months at a time, only to turn out to be trolls?
  • How many cows here had people sifting through their burned down houses and their garbage cans?
  • How many cows had people buy stuff from them to start a exceptional catfishing scheme?
  • How many cows had a troll embed themselves in their friends list for fucking years before sweethearting them?
1. ADF
2. None that i can think of
3. Second part ADF
4. Again ADF.

DragoonSierra

kiwifarms.net
So one cow out of like, 3,000 that we cover here?

Also it's amazing that ADF started off as a Chris A-Log, and yet managed to get most of the CWC experience.

Really makes you think.
He actually didnt. He had no clue who CWC was until the trolls tricked Chris into fake doxing Surfshack Tito. But after that yes he did become a Chris a log but he didnt do it too often even back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.