The Fishing Thread - I fuckin love the fall

Pocket Dragoon

you're disturbing my calm.
kiwifarms.net
Now, are you allowed to snipe the carp leaping out of the water with a bow like skeet?
I've seen videos of people doing that, but it's not ideal or wise; if you miss, your arrow and line can quickly end up gone, along with other potential bodily & mechanical mishaps.

Also, don't try swinging a machete at one in flight.... unless it's fucking sharp.

nekrataal

Dimensional merge survival guide.
kiwifarms.net
I really hate when people try to hype up lures or baits. I tried that CJ’s monster catfish punch bait because it had a good reputation and I managed to get a few big channel cats and flatheads, but now it seems like they don’t even like it.

nekrataal

kiwifarms.net
I enjoy fishing but I prefer "catch and release". I can't kill them even for food due to being a Buddhist.
I’m not against this mentality, the only time I’ll kill a fish is if I’m intending to eat them or they’re an invasive species that can harm the ecosystem. The crappie and catfish in one of my favorite spots are being threatened because people will catch undersized ones and either use them as bait or keep them to try to eat them. Nobody wants to catch and release them.

Anonymus Fluhre

No man fears what he has seen grow
kiwifarms.net
I’m not against this mentality, the only time I’ll kill a fish is if I’m intending to eat them or they’re an invasive species that can harm the ecosystem. The crappie and catfish in one of my favorite spots are being threatened because people will catch undersized ones and either use them as bait or keep them to try to eat them. Nobody wants to catch and release them.
I want to try snake head but so far it's too cold up here for them.

RealtreeByGod

kiwifarms.net
40lb Blue Cat caught on medium tackle and netted by myself. Smashed my old PB by at least 10lbs

8bz13e.jpg
r0kps0.jpg

RealtreeByGod

kiwifarms.net
Also here's the closest thing to a legitimately quality bass I've caught that I caught as bycatch one night while catfishing. It hit cutbait in 30 feet of water on a channel slope which I think is pretty odd since I've rarely heard of bass hitting dead bait.

rlqib7.jpg

ouc4js.jpg

nekrataal

kiwifarms.net
Also here's the closest thing to a legitimately quality bass I've caught that I caught as bycatch one night while catfishing. It hit cutbait in 30 feet of water on a channel slope which I think is pretty odd since I've rarely heard of bass hitting dead bait.

View attachment 2289819
View attachment 2289821
Man, I’m kinda jealous. That’s a really nice catch. All I’ve been catching these last few weeks have been these tiny bullheads.

165D0221-C262-46BB-AABC-3F3834B365A8.jpeg

RealtreeByGod

kiwifarms.net
Man, I’m kinda jealous. That’s a really nice catch. All I’ve been catching these last few weeks have been these tiny bullheads.

View attachment 2291609
I don't think I've ever caught a bullhead but I never fish for them and rarely throw shit they'd be interested in. I fling bluegill heads for bigger catfish and most of the dinks I catch are bycatch when jigging Gulp! Minnows and Powerbait Honey Worms with my UL for panfish. Which is fun still because a 3lb channel cat is more of an effort to bring in on a UL with 4lb line than a 10lber is on a medium rod with 30lb braid.
yr0h6k.jpg

nekrataal

kiwifarms.net
I don't think I've ever caught a bullhead but I never fish for them and rarely throw shit they'd be interested in. I fling bluegill heads for bigger catfish and most of the dinks I catch are bycatch when jigging Gulp! Minnows and Powerbait Honey Worms with my UL for panfish. Which is fun still because a 3lb channel cat is more of an effort to bring in on a UL with 4lb line than a 10lber is on a medium rod with 30lb braid. View attachment 2295174
Definitely right about channel cats, especially when they’re that big. I like to target bluegills using either waxworms or nightcrawlers, but both seem to attract these little bullheads. I’m considering it a sign to try somewhere else since this lake, despite being nearest, is heavily fished even in the summer.

I did manage to get this guy earlier this evening but he was a bycatch that struck my crickhopper crankbait.

A22666B3-80E8-424F-B561-C77B91D581E4.jpeg

nekrataal

kiwifarms.net
Sorry for the double post, but I managed to find this really secluded pond ~half an hour away from me via Fishbrain. Caught a couple of smallmouths and found a dead crappie so I know those 2 species live there. I’m just glad to get away from the baby bullheads.

nekrataal

kiwifarms.net
Has anyone used those strike king Ned rig bait kits with the coffee scented soft plastics? I see them sitting in a box on the shelf and people rifling through them for the colors they want.