The Game Awards - HA HA DEATH STRANDING DIDN’T WIN GAME OF THE YEAR

Is Geoff Keighley human?

• Total voters

Smaug's Smokey Hole

Epic has the right idea.
kiwifarms.net
A gritty shooter set in a future world where corporations control everything, wasn't that the premise of Headhunter (or at least it's sequel)?

It's vague to be fair, but that's what popped in my head.
Aah, ok. Yeah that makes sense. I looked up the trailer because I read "Headhunter" and focused mostly on the visuals(the bunnies threw me off at first...) because in my memory Headhunter is pretty bright and colorful.

Floop

I, Scout, humbly present a toast to Miss Pauling!
kiwifarms.net
I'm gonna give my own award for game with best impact: Adventures With Anxiety.
It's a 30 minute narrative game about dealing with anxiety. It's funny, charming, and relatable. It's by the same person that made that one flash game you might've played once. Love their work.

BR55

kiwifarms.net
I like to look through old gaming magazines and some of the stuff you see it's like they're purposely taunting modern culture with what they could get away with back then.

The 2000s was just a very hedonistic time, all anyone cared about was getting drunk, getting high and getting laid, while that's not ideal, you can say people were too shallow and dumb, it's preferable to what we have now, a world of feminists who get physically ill at the thought of male happiness.

If the 2000s was like one great big party, the 2010s was like one great big hangover.
The 2000s and 2010s are both hedonistic but in very different ways.
The 2000s were a classic sort of hedonism.
A "Fuck you, I got mine" kind of hedonism.
It was very individualistic.
So you could be edgy and over the top and, more than anything else, cool.
The 2000s were the last time people tried to be unironically cool.
Things were still sincere and honest instead of drenched in hipster irony and snarky quips like the 2010s are.
Thats how you got movies like The Departed or Lord of the Rings or Black Hawk Down.
Even dumb shit like Transformers never pretended to be more than what they were.
The 2010s on the other hand are, paradoxically, moralistically hedonistic.
"Fight the system!...But while you do that consider how your actions affect disadvantaged People of Color...and don't forget to thank Disney for financing this movie."
2010s culture is extremely selfish and self centered but it virtue signals about how empathetic and heroic it is at the same time.
This billion dollar Disney capeshit film has women and black people as it's stars so it's actually daring and subversive.
Listen to these wealthy and privileged celebrities talk down to people who have nothing. Aren't they brave?
Not to forget the aforementioned irony and snark that infests everything nowadays.
If the Lord of the Rings was made today Frodo would see Barad-dur for the first time and crack a joke about how Sauron is clearly compensating for something.
Fuck the 2010s.
If we're all gonna be selfish assholes than lets at least be selfish assholes who mind our own business like the 2000s.

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
The 2000s and 2010s are both hedonistic but in very different ways.
The 2000s were a classic sort of hedonism.
A "Fuck you, I got mine" kind of hedonism.
It was very individualistic.
So you could be edgy and over the top and, more than anything else, cool.
The 2000s were the last time people tried to be unironically cool.
Things were still sincere and honest instead of drenched in hipster irony and snarky quips like the 2010s are.
Thats how you got movies like The Departed or Lord of the Rings or Black Hawk Down.
Even dumb shit like Transformers never pretended to be more than what they were.
The 2010s on the other hand are, paradoxically, moralistically hedonistic.
"Fight the system!...But while you do that consider how your actions affect disadvantaged People of Color...and don't forget to thank Disney for financing this movie."
2010s culture is extremely selfish and self centered but it virtue signals about how empathetic and heroic it is at the same time.
This billion dollar Disney capeshit film has women and black people as it's stars so it's actually daring and subversive.
Listen to these wealthy and privileged celebrities talk down to people who have nothing. Aren't they brave?
Not to forget the aforementioned irony and snark that infests everything nowadays.
If the Lord of the Rings was made today Frodo would see Barad-dur for the first time and crack a joke about how Sauron is clearly compensating for something.
Fuck the 2010s.
If we're all gonna be selfish assholes than lets at least be selfish assholes who mind our own business like the 2000s.
I'd say the 2010s are even more hedonistic.

At least in the 2000s people mostly kept their horrifying fetishes to themselves.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: BR55

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
That's the key difference, people minded their own fucking business in the 2000s.

If you were white, male and nerdy you were free to have your own interests and culture, you didn't have outsiders telling you how things should be.

Floop

kiwifarms.net
That's the key difference, people minded their own fucking business in the 2000s.

If you were white, male and nerdy you were free to have your own interests and culture, you didn't have outsiders telling you how things should be.
Do you think more people would see this song as a personal attack in the current year?

Coolio55

DON'T CALL LUIGI AT 3AM!! *OMG HE RICKROLLED ME*
kiwifarms.net
I'm gonna give my own award for game with best impact: Adventures With Anxiety.
It's a 30 minute narrative game about dealing with anxiety. It's funny, charming, and relatable. It's by the same person that made that one flash game you might've played once. Love their work.
Depression and Anxiety boo hoo cry me a fucking river. It's a new form of opression everyone can adopt and you don't even need to kill yourself with hormones and surgery.

E: Lol just noticed it's made by the same guy who made "Asian Dad Simulator 2014" where you get to relive the awesome moment a dad gets sick of his son's gay bullshit
Also remember him whining about baby tray tray on twitter but that's kinda irellevent here I just want to continue taking a giant dump on him.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: Floop

Bean Cheese

kiwifarms.net
removeddit isn't working, but the mods at /r/pcgaming (the gayest mods to ever exist) are going on a censorship spree over the Disco Elysium devs shouting out Karl Marx

Sounds about right though. It's kinda funny, a game advertising itself as a "choose your politics" game supporting communism and active punishing anything right-of-center.

Shame, writing-wise it's very good.

Floop

kiwifarms.net
Depression and Anxiety boo hoo cry me a fucking river. It's a new form of opression everyone can adopt and you don't even need to kill yourself with hormones and surgery.

E: Lol just noticed it's made by the same guy who made "Asian Dad Simulator 2014" where you get to relive the awesome moment a dad gets sick of his son's gay bullshit
Also remember him whining about baby tray tray on twitter but that's kinda irellevent here I just want to continue taking a giant dump on him.
I dunno, I respect him.

Tags
None