Trashfire The Great Mega64 Grooming Allegations Shitshow of 2021 - Psycho ex-girlfriends retroactively revoke their consent 5 years later and try to ruin their famous boyfriends' lives!

P i z z m a k e r

kiwifarms.net
Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but their new comedy tour is titled "Last Laugh." Is that indicative of them disbanding soon? I wouldn't be surprised if they break up after Version 4.

Nothing serious here, Rocco just realized it was cheaper to go on the road to find young fans that'd bang him than it is to fly them out in secret

Pissmaster

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Good writeup. I agree that Rocco's never gonna have a thread of his own, but I fail to see how the 'death by a thousand cuts' bit is any different from anyone else going through life. He honest to god seems pretty normal, as far as normalcy in modern society is concerned, but that speaks to a greater whole than what we've got here in this thread.
Thanks!

And yeah, it's very hard to explain, but you can see the same sentiment between me and a few other people in this thread. We all watched the podcast for ages - me personally, about ten years, before just getting so fed up with Rocco & co. treating the fans like shit. Maybe the fanbase by-and-large deserves it, I don't know, I never posted on the Mega64ums or their subreddit. Rocco carries a real fuck you attitude while also being a massive consoomer of toys, video games, and anything Disney not unlike what you'd see in our very own consoomer thread, so our parasocial relationships with him kind of went from thinking really highly of him, and very slowly, over time, a frenemy, and eventually just detesting him. I've also just had this sense that he's a really high pressure person to work with, and he's kept Mega64 together despite how obvious it is that everyone else is ready to go their separate ways. But, it's very easy money, Shawn probably gets to spend more time with his family than if he had a full-time job, and Derrick's solo efforts kept flopping.

I really am trying to do my absolute best to explain why I was incensed about Mega64 when I stopped watching them, but I just don't think it's relatable to anyone else who didn't have them actively in their life for such a long time. Maybe it's like having a friend who one day got swept up in multi-level marketing scams and started acting nasty because you wouldn't buy an overpriced set of dodgy silverware from them? I don't know. I don't feel even remotely this way about anyone else. Maybe it's a sentiment that'll become more common with others, with whomever they watch over time, as more and more people feel burned by their parasocial relationships crumble as their favorite creators grow more cynical and greedy over time.

Shit, dude, I outright talked to Rocco one-on-one ages ago when Mega64 was brand new. I asked my mom for her credit card to help buy the first DVD set when it came out. I was there right at the beginning. Hell, I even talked to Dominic Botte every once in a while. I think I'm more just disappointed and sad to see that whole crew kinda falter as everyone, myself included, grows apart. I never even got to meet them in person despite really wanting to for years, and now, I just have no desire to go see them on tour, even though they're coming to my town.

Eh. Guess I've grown up.

Mario Incandenza

This is going very well!
kiwifarms.net
I really am trying to do my absolute best to explain why I was incensed about Mega64 when I stopped watching them, but I just don't think it's relatable to anyone else who didn't have them actively in their life for such a long time. Maybe it's like having a friend who one day got swept up in multi-level marketing scams and started acting nasty because you wouldn't buy an overpriced set of dodgy silverware from them? I don't know. I don't feel even remotely this way about anyone else. Maybe it's a sentiment that'll become more common with others, with whomever they watch over time, as more and more people feel burned by their parasocial relationships crumble as their favorite creators grow more cynical and greedy over time.

Shit, dude, I outright talked to Rocco one-on-one ages ago when Mega64 was brand new. I asked my mom for her credit card to help buy the first DVD set when it came out. I was there right at the beginning. Hell, I even talked to Dominic Botte every once in a while. I think I'm more just disappointed and sad to see that whole crew kinda falter as everyone, myself included, grows apart. I never even got to meet them in person despite really wanting to for years, and now, I just have no desire to go see them on tour, even though they're coming to my town.

Eh. Guess I've grown up.
This is how I feel as well, though having kept my distance and not really interacting with them aside from calling into the podcast exactly once, my frustration never reached the level that many oldschool fans have felt throughout the years. What did it for me was actually following the boys on Twitter and realizing how fucking pathetic they have become in pretty much every aspect. Cheap gimmes, continuously reposting old content, treating everything they say like it's pure gold. Sure, that's a funny shtick in their vidz, because they play off each other and unsuspecting audience members very well. But when it comes to maintaining a fanbase and giving fans the respect they deserve for literally keeping them afloat for nearly two decades, Mega64 is just a huge steaming pile of shit, and it's a no-brainer why they've never reached the level of fame that someone like Derrick thinks they should be at.

I gave it a lot of thought, and I was this close to buying tickets to Last Laugh, as they're coming to my town as well. VIP tickets even. I wanted to meet them for the first time ever. But I couldn't bring myself to do it. The cons far, far outweighed the pros.

Rocco is definitely the worst offender. He seems to treat his entire life like one big playground that requires zero commitment to any long-term planning whatsoever. Derrick deserves better, much better. He's very funny, very talented, and basically an endless source of creativity. His music videos with D&D are brilliant and have introduced me to numerous artists that I still love to this day. Shawn is just kind of there - he was a lot funnier when he was young and edgy, but we all understand that he's a family man now. Garrett is still based but his age is really showing, and it's kind of sad to see him go through the same motions day after day. Same with Lord Bryan, PBUH. He's tried to find a niche in Mega64 after Eric fucked off to Rooster Teeth, with mixed success. He's a great podcast producer, but watching him and Garrett beat the dead horse of the PPS is truly cringeworthy.

Also at the risk of coming off like a shitlord, I'll say that Meg is not funny at all and her graphic design work is bullshit. She seems to also think everything she designs is gold, when it actually looks like she's been using the same basic vector art techniques for ages. I haven't bought any merch since she began designing their stuff, because it all looks like utter shit.

Last edited:

tomapo

kiwifarms.net
I saw Mega 64 at their booth some years back at a convention. One thing that isn't obvious about Rocco because he's either the one holding the camera or he's sitting down facing it is that he's got this big developing bald spot at the back of his head.

Time is not kind to anyone, but it really completes the aging manchild look he goes for with his little shorts and graphic tees.

Jesus H Christ

Your Favorite Blunt Smoking Saviour!
kiwifarms.net
"This is my truth" . LOL she can fuck right off.
I couldn't agree more. This crap drives me fucking insane. There is only one absolute truth, which is an objective event. Everything else is one's interpretation or experience, but not a truth. People fucking love abusing the word "truth".

Also, adults can't be groomed. They can be young, retarded, and make poor choices, but not groomed.

She's just some borderline cunt who refuses to accept that she was young, in a relationship with an immature guy who was a dick. Big fucking deal. The number of people that have a story like that, man or woman, probably approaches 90%. Everyone is young and dumb at one time.

Jesus H Christ

Your Favorite Blunt Smoking Saviour!
kiwifarms.net
Edit: Sorry for the double post, I meant to include this in an edit in my other post. I'm a fucking retard.

It seems like having sex with any female 16-24, regardless of it being legal, consent between individuals, the male having an appropriate relative age (if the female in question is a minor), how long ago it was, etc... can potentially lead to a accusation of "RAAAAAAPE!". That is just fucking insane. Does every guy who had legal, consensual sex with a woman below the age of 25 have to live in fear that in 20 years someone will suddenly try to destroy their life by someone saying they raped them? The faggots have it so much easier sometimes...

P i z z m a k e r

kiwifarms.net
don't ask questions just consoom shirt and get excited for next shirt
Blows my goddamn mind how backwards theyve gone, from ripping others merch for being dumb shit that no one would wear to slapping whatever shit they can find on a shirt.
Also, adults can't be groomed. They can be young, retarded, and make poor choices, but not groomed.
Adults can be groomed by definition, just not the criminal definition. Grooming doesn't always pertain to sex.

Looking back on Charlotte's posts about Rocco, does he really expect people to buy that he just happened to reach out to Ashley and a relationship just happened to start with her? both Ashley and Charlotte said Rocco reached out to them on facebook and that's how they started talking to him, which makes me wonder how many fans he tried to fuck thru facebook. In the end, I am surprised they were able to keep what happened under wraps, since I was sure him deleting his statement after 2 days would draw some attention because that's the absolute worst way he could've handled it

Fubby

kiwifarms.net
embarrassing powerlevel i know, but when i was 18 i added them all online and got matt bruce and frank howley to flirt with me, but they were just normal nerdy dudes. I get that dating fans can be a power imbalance thing but there's a point where you got to own up with the fact that you're a fan and you are the one seeking out the validation. You can't blame them for responding. The age's of everyone are all fine, they're nerds that spend their life messing around with their friends and talking about videogames. I don't know what these girls were thinking would happen. Rocco literally plays with power rangers toys as an adult, do you really think he's going to be the most mature person in the world relationship-wise? You're gonna destroy someone's career online because of a bad relationship you were in years ago? Everyone in the world has been in a bad relationship at some point, people grow, you can't hold it against them.