• "i've actually been talking to authorities about internet crime since january 19, 1999 and haven't gotten a fucking thing done."

The Last Jedi - Tumblr strikes backIt's nothing like Empire... like.... at all, we promise

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by CowReserach Inc., Jul 23, 2017.

1. Two philosophies are at play in disney's star wars department

The first, which we have widely discussed, is the "pander everything and anything to the tumblr demographic and thus gain the viewership and custom of each and every race, gender, and sexual preference they claim to represent, and actively shit on our established fanbase and FFFUCKING WHITE MAAAAALES in general since clearly this is the best way to make non white males love us!" philosophy that PR/marketing types and media hipsters in general are obsessed with since its hot shit in pampered affluent media land

The second is....well....

so...yeah. pandering to the fanboys, in a desperate effort to reel them back in/keep them from fleeing by using popular things from previous films

Combined they form a zombie franchise that is actively cancerous in a way the twilight (fuck me I miss the days when that shit was the worst thing out there...such an innocent era) could only have dreamed of

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    Judge Holden

Judge Holden Pigfucker
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  2. I was watching an examination of Mark Waid's actions against the comic Diversity and Comics is putting out, and it talked about how there's a contract people employed by Disney have to sign. It talks about public relations and dealing with customers, and I couldn't help but think how it would screw over Kennedy and the rest of her ilk running Star Wars. With them being so aggressive and combative against any consumer complaints, it just seems like it's a PR nightmare waiting to happen.

• Agree Agree x 6
    Kamen Rider Black RX

Kamen Rider Black RX Winner: Cole Smithey Award for Valued Opinion
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  3. This mess makes me wish something more serious than the wage-fixing scandal would come out related to Star Wars so it'd kick Disney and LucasFilms in their fucking balls and force them to get their shit together and clean up house.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Kari Kamiya

Kari Kamiya "A SOOWEESIDE JUMP OFF THE BEEELDING"

kiwifarms.is
  4. Lucas must be doing a happy dance right now that he's officially not the worst thing to happen to the Star Wars franchise anymore. Also gratz Disney that's some seriously EA tier franchise killing you've got going on there.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 2
    Ruin

Ruin Mercenary Slut
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  5. Looks like they want to make reference of something Darth Maul did do in The Clone Wars show.
    But that breaks continuity given current canon says Maul's crime syndicate was disbanded before the Empire came to power and in Rebels, he was in hiding. I guess Solo will establish when this movie takes place in the franchise's timeline.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    #1665 The Nothingness, May 15, 2018 at 8:43 PM
    Last edited: May 15, 2018 at 9:57 PM
    The Nothingness

The Nothingness The one with no body!

kiwifarms.is
  6. Lucas already brought him back years ago in Clone Wars. They're actually following Lucas' storylines in this case.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    SkeletonBias420

SkeletonBias420 crisis actor
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  7. Wrong. He was killed in Rebels, after having been a hermit for years. Disney can't even get their own continuity right FFS.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Informative Informative x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  8. I know it sounds stupid, but I am probably going to go see Solo: A Star Wars movie simply from sheer morbid curiosity and all the monkeyfuck that went behind the scenes much like Ghostbusters 2016.

• Agree Agree x 2
    kiwifarms.is
  9. I still think that is line with it. I haven't seen Rebels but my impression was it was set only a couple of years before A New Hope, Solo seems to be depicting an 18 or 20 year-old Han Solo which would place it a decade prior.

SkeletonBias420

SkeletonBias420 crisis actor
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  10. I'm planning on seeing Solo with my dad a week after it comes out. As turbulent as the development has been, I think it looks alright, and I doubt that the movie will have a dumber moment than Carrie Poppins and Rose stopping Finn from saving his friends.

At the least, I'm not expecting a masterpiece, but I'll have an open mind about it.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    Vault Boy

Vault Boy Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.

kiwifarms.is
  11. Oh HelloGreedo... I could rant about that prick and what he represents for hours.
    Him and all the other "Fans" who shit on the Prequels for a decade and a half before turning around and jerking themselves raw over Disney's mass produced slop purely because "That childhood raping monster Lucas is gone!". In J.J we Trust!
    For added :autism: he's also one of those "Release the Original Cut of the Original Trilogy because the films were ruined by Lucas's changes" guy's too.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Sieger Sieger x 2
    kiwifarms.is
  12. It's even worse since I believe one book set after Return of the Jedi had Leia sense what is implied to be Maul so uh....whoops!

kiwifarms.is
    Kamen Rider Black RX

Kamen Rider Black RX Winner: Cole Smithey Award for Valued Opinion
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  13. ''Childish gambino has solidified himself as the working artist of our time''

I-I like black people too guys, pls don't call me racist for bashing the movie!

kiwifarms.is
  14. hahahaha holy shit that spoiler is fucking true?
    They should have CGed up a young Bea Arthur so we could find out that the Cantina singing bartender was a crime lord in her youth.

• Sieger Sieger x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    XYZpdq

XYZpdq fbi most wanted sskealeaton

kiwifarms.is
  15. That's stupid enough to be brilliant. Just imagine her pouring acid into Harvey Korman's skullhole.

• Like Like x 8
    Mola Ram

Mola Ram Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole

kiwifarms.is
  16. Just look at Maude. Bea Arthur Stone Cold Gangsta Killa could totally work.

• Like Like x 4
    XYZpdq

XYZpdq fbi most wanted sskealeaton

kiwifarms.is
  17. IMDb ratings got nuked and the new reviews are saying "don't believe the haters" and related stuff.

• Informative Informative x 5
    kiwifarms.is
  18. Meh. Who cares about a number anyway? Even then, people can vote multiple times for both IMDb and the Audience Score on RT, without even having to see the movie. I’d sooner trust CinemaScore.
    I’ll just see it myself when it comes out. I just know for certain it’s not going to be as awful as the Prequels.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    TheClorax

TheClorax New Samus Avatar.

kiwifarms.is
  19. You jest but they went back and wrote a short story about her character in which she's confirmed as gay. Brought to you by this gentle''''man'' [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Islamic Content Islamic Content x 1
    • Horrifying Horrifying x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.