The Life Upgrade Lives On (Chris back on PS3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Joined
May 25, 2013
File this under "No shit is too Minor." Also, I don't believe I saw this mentioned anywhere else, but I'm sure if it was, CatParty will show me the error of my ways.

Anyway, I was bored and decided to check out Chris' PSN account, and lo and behold - he's been active again.

thelifeupgradelives_zpsa96652e7.jpg


So, few things can be inferred from this:

1) Either Chris' Ps3 DID survive the blaze, or the kind folks at State Farm have already gotten him a replacement model.

2) He is playing Skylanders, which means, if I'm not mistaken, either his toys didn't all melt or he's already begun buying them (this part I'm not to sure because honestly I've never played Skylanders myself and assuming you need those figurines to play the game)

3) Looking at the times he's gotten his trophies, his sleep cycle is still fucking out of whack.

4) If Chris and Barb are still in a motel room, then Barb is having to put up with a 31 year old manchild playing with his toys on the motel TV past 4 in the morning.

So... your theories?
 

A-Stump

Dr Robotdick
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Nov 10, 2013
Wow guys look he's really almost homeless *yawn*

Snide comments aside, yeah, I figured he'd be right back to being Chris in no time. Or someone pillaged his house and jacked his stuff.
 

CatParty

Boo
Forum Staff
⚡ Thunderdomer ⚡
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Feb 3, 2013
My theory is he'll more than likely burn the hotel down.
 

Alec Benson Leary

Creator of Asperchu
Christorical Figure
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Feb 10, 2013
It's easy to believe his triple survived. The fire wouldn't necessarily have destroyed everything in his house.

Ever since this whole thing started, I kind of figured Chris and Barb have tried to put as much of this ordeal out of their mind as much as possible. By which I mean, trying to deny its existence and pretend they could go on living their hoard life as normally as possible, without regard for the fact that they are in a hotel because their fucking house burned to shit.

CatParty said:
My theory is he'll more than likely burn the hotel down.
Nah. He'll get kicked out of the hotel. I'm calling it.
 

Batman VS Tony Danza

The Eternal Struggle
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Feb 3, 2013
We keep assuming all his stuff was in his old room but anything he used or intended to use was probably near where he slept.

It would have been epic if it showed him playing PS4 games.
 

JeffGoldblumIRL

kiwifarms.net
Joined
Dec 16, 2013
A-Stump said:
Wow guys look he's really almost homeless *yawn*

Snide comments aside, yeah, I figured he'd be right back to being Chris in no time. Or someone pillaged his house and jacked his stuff.

Yeah yeah... I'm just glad I didn't bet on anything. *sigh*

As for the Skylanders question: You do not need all of the figures to play the game, but you do need the ones that came with it to at least beat the game's basic story mode. You cannot 100% the game without buying figurines (because certain pathways only open up when you're playing as a certain elemental type), but I believe it is possible to get all of the achievements with only the starter set. (Source: Achievement-whore friend of mine who initially complained about this when it came out for 360.)

Some places sell the figurines secondhand. I have only played the first game (with said achievement-whore friend) and have absolutely no idea how cross-compatibility works with the other games and figurines.
 

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Joined
May 25, 2013
Alec Benson Leary said:
It's easy to believe his triple survived. The fire wouldn't necessarily have destroyed everything in his house.

Ever since this whole thing started, I kind of figured Chris and Barb have tried to put as much of this ordeal out of their mind as much as possible. By which I mean, trying to deny its existence and pretend they could go on living their Horde life as normally as possible, without regard for the fact that they are in a hotel because their fucking house burned to shit.

Or the fact that nearly everything they owned prior to the fire has got to smell like a charcoal pit now. Seriously, both of them are going to die of black lung if they're really planning on salvaging as much as they can from 14BLC

BatmanVSTonyDanza said:
It would have been epic if it showed him playing PS4 games.
I'm giving it no later than June.
 

Batman VS Tony Danza

The Eternal Struggle
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Feb 3, 2013
JeffMagnum saw Chris on the PSN like a week or so ago. He wasn't playing anything so nobody knew what to think of it. It could have easily been his Vita. We really have no idea what Chris carried out with him (beyond what he listed) when he left the house while it was burning. It seems like the DS was something he chose not to outright mention and I'm sure some of his other stuff was within grabbing distance. I don't think he ran out with the PS3 but I do believe his priorities on what to grab may have been more typical of Chris than we thought.

Chris had his DS. Barb's purse was left behind. Come to your own conclusion.
 
R

RP 520

Guest
kiwifarms.net
BatmanVSTonyDanza said:
Chris had his DS. Barb's purse was left behind. Come to your own conclusion.

Though considering Barb hasn't left the house in over a millennia, her purse was probably buried under two feet of solidified empty M&M wrappers. They probably had no time to look for it and after they got out, instead of saying "We couldn't find the purse the was probably buried under our accumulated filth because we're lazy, greedy asses with a toy box full of mental issues" they instead opted to say a greedy fireman got his hands on it.
 

Blue Max

kiwifarms.net
Joined
Feb 18, 2013
This roughly fits in line with my predictions' of Chris' possessions.

I think this is as much evidence as we will ever receive that Christory has largely survived the fire; between this and the slightly melted high school, I'm pretty confident now that most of Chris' stuff, excluding clothes, exposed paper, clay medallions and art supplies probably survived the fire.

Chris has also been back to his place to grab some of his stuff, so it's not like his room in particular is inaccessible either.

Remember, most interior walls are intended to last at least 30 minutes in a fire. If CWC could simply shut the door to his room, that might well have been enough to protect his stuff, particularly if the fire only lasted 10 minutes.

But ultimately, I think we all know that the January Fire has proven to be no more of a wake up call than 10/28/11. Pessimistic that may be, we've already seen Chris' social high water mark. It might take the end of Barb or even a serious health scare of his own to hammer through his thick skull--or he might be entirely hopeless.
 

Arkangel

Computer Science and Computer Violence
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Dec 17, 2013
Old habits burn hard. I bet the PS3 was the first thing Chris grabbed when he noticed the fire.
 

thedarkknight

kiwifarms.net
Joined
May 28, 2013
Remember, Chris is a complete whore for sony so he has PS+ which backs up his saves and trophies. It's not that far fetched that he simply recovered his account on a new PS3 that he got for himself. It's a possible theory or Chris is playing with a PS3 that looks like this
ps3smashed.jpg
 

Sweet and Savoury

Null-like homunculus
kiwifarms.net
Joined
May 25, 2013
I'd be more of the opinion that Chrissy bought a new PS3 from either his :tugboat: or the donations. Really if the Lego thingies melted a fair bit the PS3 probably didn't fair much better. But if it's one thing we know about Chrissy it's that he will go to any length to get his vidya.
 

JeffGoldblumIRL

kiwifarms.net
Joined
Dec 16, 2013
Blue Max said:
Remember, most interior walls are intended to last at least 30 minutes in a fire. If CWC could simply shut the door to his room, that might well have been enough to protect his stuff, particularly if the fire only lasted 10 minutes.

I think you're forgetting the fact that the fire punched a hole through the roof and in the newly leaked picture looks pretty fierce. Lots of smoke, from both top floor windows, and a huge blaze right in the middle. There's still no word on what's inside, but if it takes 30 minutes to get through a wall then that fire burned for quite some time if it got from the first floor up through the roof.

Also: Don't some games have mobile support via PSP/Vita? I know there is a 3DS Skylanders, so there might be comparable support for the PS versions. Until Chris sits down and logs time in a game that is console-only I think the jury is still out on his Life Upgrade.
 

Spork

kiwifarms.net
Joined
Feb 3, 2013
Blue Max said:
This roughly fits in line with my predictions' of Chris' possessions.

I think this is as much evidence as we will ever receive that Christory has largely survived the fire; between this and the slightly melted high school, I'm pretty confident now that most of Chris' stuff, excluding clothes, exposed paper, clay medallions and art supplies probably survived the fire.

Chris has also been back to his place to grab some of his stuff, so it's not like his room in particular is inaccessible either.

Remember, most interior walls are intended to last at least 30 minutes in a fire. If CWC could simply shut the door to his room, that might well have been enough to protect his stuff, particularly if the fire only lasted 10 minutes.
Depends on how often Chris left the door to his room open since he moved downstairs with Barb.

As for the PS3, there's a high chance that it was in the junk nest with Chris and Barb. Furthermore, we still don't know exactly where the lego school was, or exactly what "melted some" means. Until we have the fire report (or a picture of the school, or a more descriptive report from Chris), we're not going to be able to figure out how severe the damage to Chris's room was.
 

Da Pickle Monsta

Should Have Been Bullied
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Mar 17, 2013
Huh. This entire debacle brings to mind a rather famous quote:

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die."

The PS3 cannot be defeated--not by car, not by hammer, not by fire. It is eternal, as eternal as the slumbering gods of R'yleh. Keep chugging on, Chris. Keep chugging on.
 

MrTroll

I know you can read MY thoughts, boy
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Jul 30, 2013
A slim PS3 is pretty light. Even a muscle-deficient fatty like Chris could hold it under one arm, along with all the other crap he salvaged. That sounds more plausible to me than spending $200+ from his tugboat or charity money on yet another PS3 instead of just buying a PS4 for $150-200 extra.
 

Da Pickle Monsta

Should Have Been Bullied
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Mar 17, 2013
MrTroll said:
A slim PS3 is pretty light. Even a muscle-deficient fatty like Chris could hold it under one arm, along with all the other crap he salvaged. That sounds more plausible to me than spending $200+ from his tugboat or charity money on yet another PS3 instead of just buying a PS4 for $150-200 extra.

Based on some of Marvin's comments and information on the CWCki, though, I was under the impression that Chris had gone out of his way to get one of the older models, possibly a backwards-compatible one.

Which means that it either survived or Chris grabbed it as he fled the house, otherwise I'm certain that he would have upgraded.
 

A-№1

A Hobo With Options
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Sep 6, 2013
_blank_ said:
4) If Chris and Barb are still in a motel room, then Barb is having to put up with a 31 year old manchild playing with his toys on the motel TV past 4 in the morning.
It's quite possible the insurance company is putting them up in two separate motel rooms or a long term suite with two bedrooms. A 30+yo man would not be expected to sleep in the same room, to say nothing of the same bed, as his elderly mother, and the insurance company would not know Chris and Barb like what we do.

Alec Benson Leary said:
Ever since this whole thing started, I kind of figured Chris and Barb have tried to put as much of this ordeal out of their mind as much as possible. By which I mean, trying to deny its existence and pretend they could go on living their Horde life as normally as possible, without regard for the fact that they are in a hotel because their fucking house burned to shit.
That's probably easier than you might think. What with the hoard, their actual usable living space at 14BLC was probably pretty close to the living space they now occupy at the motel.

JeffGoldblumIRL said:
I think you're forgetting the fact that the fire punched a hole through the roof and in the newly leaked picture looks pretty fierce. Lots of smoke, from both top floor windows, and a huge blaze right in the middle. There's still no word on what's inside, but if it takes 30 minutes to get through a wall then that fire burned for quite some time if it got from the first floor up through the roof.
It doesn't take a large fire to produce a lot of smoke. Depending on where exactly the fire started and how 14BLC was framed the fire could very well have just climbed the wall from the electrical box where it started before blooming when it finally hit the attic space. Attics are vented almost perfectly for letting fires expand into infernos in them, and if 14BLC had that crappy cellulose insulation they liked to use in the '70s the fire would easily have been at it's most intense inside the attic.

I believe Barb required Chris to keep the PS3 and associated Buylanders junk in the same room where she nested with the television. It may well have been far enough away from the fire to avoid any fire damage, and possibly any water damage as well, and has been waiting there for Chris to collect it and resume their love affair.
 

homerbeoulve

99% nerd, 1% sane. 100% human.
kiwifarms.net
Joined
Feb 26, 2013
Wait, so there is actually internet connection in the motel that they're staying right now?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.