The Life Upgrade Lives On (Chris back on PS3)

• Registration without invitation will be until July 4th, and we are reforming account penalties.

MalwareBytes has, again, blocked both the .net and .cc domains for the Kiwi Farms. Complain to them, not me.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timtommy

I am a damn Smoker!
kiwifarms.net
I don't see why he is criticized for this. There seems to be this idea on "Oh, he is already back to being himself, so soon after the fire". I agree with it in some cases, like the gal-pal shout-out. But the vidya I will give him a pass on. I don't expect/want him to spend months staring into space mourning. His house burned, and he has some shit to deal with, but he is still allowed to do things. Vidya is something he likes doing, and a fairly normal hobby. If he wants to unwind with some vidya, Godbear bless.

I guess the caveat is how he got the PS3. If it survived, he should definitely get a pass. If he bought a new one with donated money, I suppose that is a bit annoying. But I still think he is allowed to have some fun. If he bought a new one, I think he might actually deserve a bit of credit for not buying a PS4.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Batman said:
Jewelsmakerguy said:
Spork said:
Until we have the fire report (or a picture of the school, or a more descriptive report from Chris), we're not going to be able to figure out how severe the damage to Chris's room was.

We are talking about Chris after all. For all we know, we may never find out.

No, we'll find out. He loves to tell all, especially if there's china involved.

I dunno. For all we know, Barb may still be forbidding him into his room even after the fire.

Or perhaps Chris is just too slow, who knows?

Anchuent Christory

Socially Awesome and Cool.
kiwifarms.net
Alec Benson Leary said:
Anchuent Christory said:
The last time Chris mentioned playing his triple, it was about Barb complaining about the violence in resident evil
Well if she thinks her fridge is too violent, why doesn't she clean it out?

:pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle:
You need to call it the Biohazard fridge, then proceed to explain the joke for full cwc-effect.

Zim

Facebook District Manager
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Young-Frankenstein1.jpg

That is all.

Smutley

Kill Count: 2
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
homerbeoulve said:
CWCissey said:
homerbeoulve said:
Wait, so there is actually internet connection in the motel that they're staying right now?

Don't most motels have a wifi connection?

Well there's that. But how fast is it actually considering that many people are using the same wifi signal as you?

When I got my first "Real" job out of college and moved halfway across the US in 2006, I lived in an efficiency for a month and a half while I waited for my house to close and they had complimentary internet both wired and wireless. Pretty much every single hotel/motel/effeciency has internet. It's 2013 now. Everywhere has internet. The Goodwill here has it.

Mind you, MY efficiency was run off a single consumer grade linksys router, but most people who live in those places aren't going to be online.

Batman VS Tony Danza

The Eternal Struggle
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
timtommy said:
I guess the caveat is how he got the PS3. If it survived, he should definitely get a pass. If he bought a new one with donated money, I suppose that is a bit annoying. But I still think he is allowed to have some fun. If he bought a new one, I think he might actually deserve a bit of credit for not buying a PS4.

I think his PS3 survived. If the Skylander game isn't a digital copy then it was in the PS3 before the fire started. It was the most recently played game with actual trophies in it before he logged back into his PSN account recently. I hope he doesn't go back to buying new games right away. He has so many unplayed digital copies linked to his PSN account that it'd take a hardcore gamer a year to get through them all. Since it's probably a PSN plus account he'd also have access to the big name titles they offer for free. If he felt like it he could download and play stuff like Assassin's Creed 3 at no additional cost.

The Mackers

kiwifarms.net
Smutley said:
Well there's that. But how fast is it actually considering that many people are using the same wifi signal as you?

When I got my first "Real" job out of college and moved halfway across the US in 2006, I lived in an efficiency for a month and a half while I waited for my house to close and they had complimentary internet both wired and wireless. Pretty much every single hotel/motel/effeciency has internet. It's 2013 now. Everywhere has internet. The Goodwill here has it.

Mind you, MY efficiency was run off a single consumer grade linksys router, but most people who live in those places aren't going to be online.[/quote]

It's 2014! Get with the times, pops!

Picklechu

kiwifarms.net
Da Pickle Monsta said:
Huh. This entire debacle brings to mind a rather famous quote:

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die."

The PS3 cannot be defeated--not by car, not by hammer, not by fire. It is eternal, as eternal as the slumbering gods of R'yleh. Keep chugging on, Chris. Keep chugging on.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Life Upgrade R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

Lefty's Revenge

Sexy Alien Man
kiwifarms.net
Alec Benson Leary said:
Nah. He'll get kicked out of the hotel. I'm calling it.

Not a surprising outcome. At this stage of the game, I don't think Chris knows how to not wear out his welcome at somewhere he really likes.

libertyoftheaether

kiwifarms.net
If the PS3 is still functioning in its melted and neglected state, this basically confirms that Chris is a champion of Nurgle.

FinalSolution

kiwifarms.net
It would make sense for Chris to repurchase a PS3 (if that happened) as he has never shown any concern to be at the cutting edge of anything and just likes playing things with cute colourful characters. And of course he has a hell of a lot of 'investment' in the PS3.

If this disaster has done nothing else it has at least prompted me to buy a couple of fire extinguishers for the house.

cahoots

born better
kiwifarms.net
Lefty's Revenge said:
Not a surprising outcome. At this stage of the game, I don't think Chris knows how to not wear out his welcome at somewhere he really likes.

It's like how he was at Target: abuse the free refill policy and loiter around until you're banned. Pretty much the only place he's mentioned going to frequently and not being banned from is McDonald's. Any reasonable person would know not to loiter or be a pest, but it doesn't even cross his mind because as he sees it its a public place so he's allowed to be there.

Batman VS Tony Danza

The Eternal Struggle
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think he's been banned from a McDonald's. Not 100% sure. I remember he's at least had issues with the staff, possibly for his language and his reaction when told to pipe the potty mouth down. I think that the main reason he gets banned or kicked out of anywhere isn't because of his initial offense but rather his attitude when told to stop. Except that shit at Wal-mart. Vandalism tends to get you kicked out right away.

So yeah, Chris being asked politely to wipe his feet or not eat somewhere in the hotel has the potential to turn into a clusterfuck.

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Pickle Man said:
I like to imagine that his PS3 look like this now.

http://media.techeblog.com/images/gameboy__.jpg

Thing is though Nintendo builds their things to last. I've had like 7 or 8 consoles and handhelds from them and every single one still works like it did when I first took 'em out of the box. I dunno if Sony's consoles have the same durability.

Also it was brought up earlier in thread but I didn't have time to reply until now:

timtommy said:
I don't see why he is criticized for this. There seems to be this idea on "Oh, he is already back to being himself, so soon after the fire". I agree with it in some cases, like the gal-pal shout-out. But the vidya I will give him a pass on. I don't expect/want him to spend months staring into space mourning. His house burned, and he has some shit to deal with, but he is still allowed to do things. Vidya is something he likes doing, and a fairly normal hobby. If he wants to unwind with some vidya, Godbear bless.

I don't think this was directed at me, but since I started the thread, I didn't mean it as a "lolol look at Chris playing his vidya. Oh what a silly thing to do!" kind of deal. If iI did, I would be a bigger hypocrite than Chris is (I'm an unrepentant vidya player).

Rather, I brought it up because:
1) Wanted to discuss the possibility of whether of not he's using insurance money/ gift money to use on vidya instead of say, clothes or food or actual essential items.

2) Looking at the time he's earned these achievements, it's obvious he's keeping to his old sleep regiment- as in sleeping through most of the day and playing vidya all night. Personally, it annoys me because for a person who states, "My mother and I are still working, readusting, recovering, etc." and then having proof that unless he isn't sleeping at all, he's probably having his sick mother do all the working and adjusting, as he's once again being the self-centered lazy slug he always was.

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Batman said:
Did you expect any less?

Sadly, no. I'm not saying I relish Chris suffering or anything, but autism or no, I would have at least hoped something might click in Chris' head and he'd say "Hey, thing's are fucked up now. House is gone and we're homeless. Mom is sick and she needs me. Maybe I should put in some effort and pitch in, and not play vidya until 4 n the morning and sleep in through most of the day." But that's Chris for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.