The Life Upgrade Lives On (Chris back on PS3)

• ATTN NEW USERS: I strongly suggest using a real, alter-ego email address from a reputable provider and using a Password Manager to securely keep tack of it. If you forget your email and password I cannot restore your account. These are good practices in general so stop being lazy.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. 0

god im not good at computer how did this get here
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why the hell do some of you get aggravated that he's bought another game instead of focusing on a personal tragedy? I don't think it'd be out of place to want to put that disturbing experience as far behind him as possible, all things considered.

caffeinated_wench

kiwifarms.net
Mr. 0 said:
Why the hell do some of you get aggravated that he's bought another game instead of focusing on a personal tragedy? I don't think it'd be out of place to want to put that disturbing experience as far behind him as possible, all things considered.
I agree.

After such an experience, wouldn't you like something to take your mind off of things?
Yes, this is Chris, but even OPL needs something to keep him occupied in the meantime instead of focusing on this 24/7.

Personally, I'd probably be a wreck if I focused on such a tragedy in my life.

Da Pickle Monsta

Should Have Been Bullied
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
To give Chris the benefit of the doubt, I suppose he could have rented it from Red Box or something.

But probably not.

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
On the other hand, he has hundreds of digital games on PSN that he's never even played. It might have been in better taste to try playing some of those first.

Hyperion

D E A D
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wonder if Chris buys the video game to every movie he watches?

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Mr. 0 said:

For my part, I'm not really that aggravated, but mostly just logging this for the "no shit is too minor" log. And I agree Chris is fully in the right to go and play vidya, but here's the deal: he went and (more than likely) bought a $50 game when A) he has hundreds of digital games already available to him; and B) I'm pretty sure he has PS+, which essentially allows him to download full games for a $50 annual subscription fee. It may not be the LEGO Movie vidya, but considering he could download like Bioshock Infinite, Metro Last Light and XCOM via PS+... or for Chris' standard fare, the Little big Planet cart racer, ModNation Racers Road Trip, and Sonic All Star Racing... he can download all of those for the price of one LEGO movie game.

caffeinated_wench said:
After such an experience, wouldn't you like something to take your mind off of things?
Yes, this is Chris, but even OPL needs something to keep him occupied in the meantime instead of focusing on this 24/7.
Personally, I'd probably be a wreck if I focused on such a tragedy in my life.

To be fair, I doubt Chris is focusing on the fire and its consequences 24/7. At this point, I truly wonder if he concentrates on it more than an hour a day.

This isn't a ding against those who wanted to be charitable to Chris- I truly do believe in to each their own - but all the same, I have this suspicion that the charity Chris has gotten has probably outshone the tragedy that has befallen. His house may have been gutted, but on the upside, he and Barb have gotten a clean motel room to live in (with probably comparable living space to what they were living in with the horde), they got food and clothing, and Chris has got his vidya. Of course Barb and State Farm are taking care of everything, and that's the problem for me: Nothing for Chris has changed except now he has learned the "joys" of a sympathy handout. Knowing Chris, he will continue to try to add fuel to this pity train as faaar as it can go to get his way, same as he's done with his bad times in elementary, same with PVCC, same with anything that has given him a modicum of strife.

Da Pickle Monsta said:
To give Chris the benefit of the doubt, I suppose he could have rented it from Red Box or something.
But probably not.

Figured I'd check, and nope- not available for rent via Redbox. I'm sure there can be other vidya rental stores in the area though so you may be right.

caffeinated_wench

kiwifarms.net
True, maybe Chris isn't focusing on it a lot. Still, it has to be hard to lose everything.

Maybe I'm wrong, but vidya seems to be like his number one coping mechanism, as well as... well, rejecting reality itself and hiding behind mommy's holey buttocksskirt plus his parents or someone else taking care of everything.

NiggoFiggo

kiwifarms.net
Batman said:
I'd cut him some slack. He's basically a child after all.
Yup this basically, chris went and saw the lego movie not because of the cast or the tounge in cheek jokes but because its legos. I am not shocked he would have got the tie in game, i mean really who here is shocked?

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
NiggoFiggo said:
Batman said:
I'd cut him some slack. He's basically a child after all.
Yup this basically, chris went and saw the lego movie not because of the cast or the tounge in cheek jokes but because its legos. I am not shocked he would have got the tie in game, i mean really who here is shocked?

I went there because of three reasons: the animation, Batman and because I grew up playing with LEGO when I was a child myself.

What I got from it was a well-animated, and well-written, film about little plastic bricks and the power of imagination and teamwork. Plus it was funny.

Pickle Man

kiwifarms.net
BTW he didn't buy the game because he seen the movie...he bought the game so he can get a free coupon to see the movie.

2u9j029.jpg

dqqd6q.jpg

milkshark

Subtle Internet Blurb
kiwifarms.net
Of course he spent $50 on a video game he's not going to play in order to get $7.50 off a $15 IMAX movie ticket. Quite the bargain shopper Chris is.

crash

into slumber
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if there is evidence that he bought the game just for the coupon... I mean, it's Chris. He bought a game to add to his never ending collection of games he rarely plays and it just happen to come with a coupon. Maybe it influenced him but I doubt he was all like "$50 for a 7.50 off movie coupon? What a deal!"

CatParty

Boo
Forum Staff
⚡ Thunderdomer ⚡
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Christian "wheelin n dealin" Chandler

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So with Chris latest admi...wait... oh, right, REFUSAL that he is the Ruckersville Rogue and had in fact bought his (possibly second) copy of the LEGO Movie Game, purely for the minifig, I figured I'd check out his PSN account... annnnnd...

033114-cwc-vidya_zpse388a2b5.jpg

...looks like Chris has been keeping busy with the PS3's living mannequin simulator, PlayStation Home. Hopefully he isn't going into other people's apartments and trying to steal their things, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.