The NBA Thread -

Cliff Booth

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I thiiink that Texas going Harden is more scorned Rockets fans than Mavs and Spurs fans, since Harden never beat either team in the playoffs iirc (lost to the Spurs one year). #13 is going in the rafters in Toyota Center once Harden retires though, so my fellow forlorn Rox fans better get the fuck over it. Letting him play GM and flipping Paul for Westbrook for Wall was a front office & ownership problem, not ultimately a Harden problem.

Lmfao but why does Colorado hate Kyrie? Or really anyone outside of Ohio and New England?

Edit: I get that this map is based on Tweets and not really scientific, but Paul George in Arizona and Westbrook in Pennsylvania are tripping me out too. Also LeBron being tops in Oklahoma over Durant or George is a take, but I get that LeBron hate is universal.

Digging deeper into the link, the Westbrook in PA hate makes sense since the data was only taken over the past month and Washington played Philly in the first round.

Last edited:

Cliff Booth

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm gonna double post here real quick just to post the Steve Ballmer hype man video:

This dude owns the Clippers and lost his fucking mind as a hype-man for Microsoft shareholders like two decades ago. He's probably my favorite owner because he still brings that little league dad energy.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
It probably says a lot about the state of the NBA that nobody has posted in this thread in a month despite the fact that we're two games into the NBA Finals.

A few upsets. Brooklyn gone. Stars getting injured. CP3 potentially about to win that first ring. Nothing.

Anyway, a fun stat I looked up as I was debating how much certain sports have evolved lately: In 2011, the Orlando Magic lead the league in 3 point attempts with 25.6; in 2021 the New York Knicks were dead last at 30.0 attempts.

Treyvon Azagthot

Dinoman x Liquified Nun = True Love
kiwifarms.net
Congrats Bucks! Middleton's and Giannis's loyalty finally pays off.
a72.gif

Goyaanisqatsi

The Clown World Ends With You
kiwifarms.net
Okay, Bucks got their title, now just go to Dallas and build the European super team now Giannis

Cliff Booth

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How can anyone not love this dude?

He's the anti-LeBron. It's like he barely realizes that he had an all-time performance in a closeout game. "Can I have please, a fifty piece mac minis? Fifty exactly; not fifty-one, not forty-nine, chicken minis yes? Fifty. And let me have a large drink; no ice, half sprite, half lemonade"

I'm a Rockets fan, so I've been rooting for Harden for the past decade and this is soooo fucking different from his lifestyle.

Last edited:

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net

Goyaanisqatsi

The Clown World Ends With You
kiwifarms.net
For the first time in my 20+ years of life, I actually forgot that the NBA Draft was on tonight. Though, I think that might be a sign of things to come.
It's really a goddamn shame how much the NBA has gone down the fucking toilet because this is a rather deep talent pool for a draft. A lot of solid college players might not even be picked.

american_amadan

kiwifarms.net
Clippers took Jason Preston. A good player with a wild story. He was a 6 foot skinny guy his senior year of high school. Ended up at Ohio U when he grew to 6'4" 180. I got to watch him play in person during the tournament. He's a wild player that will shoot low percentage shots but somehow sink them. Great passer and actually plays defense. If he gets an old school coach to lead him in the facility he will be a good player.

Cliff Booth

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The fact that the first round took three hours doesn't help the sport tbh. I've been watching the whole thing, because I'm an incredibly autistic NBA fan, so I could give takes on most of the picks (Spurs drafting Primo at 12 wtf for example), but few people on KF give a shit, so I'll criticize the meta.

In the NFL draft, if teams trade picks, it's announced by Goodell immediately and the drafted player gets the right hat to wear. In the NBA, because a lot of these moves can't be completed until the new league year, you end up with shit like Doncic donning a Hawks hat even though anyone paying attention knows that the Mavs picked him. A lot of this is due to the Stepien rule, where teams aren't allowed to trade consecutive first rounders, so it turns into a mess of bullshit where the Bulls are drafting for the Knicks but trading the pick to the Sonics via the Heat, but none of this shit can be completed until the new league year. It's insanely convoluted.

I'll give ABC/Disney credit though, I haven't heard one mention of some motherfucker getting motivated because his step-godfather died tragically seven years ago in a horrific hang-gliding accident, which was the ongoing theme in their coverage the past couple of years. Supposedly they kept that human interest shit on ABC, but I've been watching ESPN all night.

Anyway, what do you guys think about the Westbrook to the Lakers move? Can a team win a chip shooting under 30% from three?

Clippers took Jason Preston. A good player with a wild story. He was a 6 foot skinny guy his senior year of high school. Ended up at Ohio U when he grew to 6'4" 180. I got to watch him play in person during the tournament. He's a wild player that will shoot low percentage shots but somehow sink them. Great passer and actually plays defense. If he gets an old school coach to lead him in the facility he will be a good player.
Okay man I gotta know more about this dude, @american_amadan. I can see Durant and Giannis going from 6'9 to 6'11 between the ages of 18 to 22, but 6'0 to 6'4 is just unbelievable tbh. Lue is a damn good coach so hopefully he unleashes this dude when he's 8'11 in 2026 based on his trajectory.

Last edited:

albert macdonald chan

Novice computer programmer and Norm Macdonald fan
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What the Lakers did with getting Russell Westbrook is no different from what the Brooklyn Nets did snagging Kevin Durant.

Only difference is one doesn’t have a burner account to deflect criticism from joining popular teams after losing to them, while the other randomly just has triple doubles, but is slightly sensitive to criticism when it involves only him.

Vapid_Idiot

kiwifarms.net
any one else think the wizards fleeced the lakers? i mean westbrook is good, but dumping kuzma and harrell seems like not a good idea to me

Kujo Jotaro

Every Man Dies
kiwifarms.net
Okay, Bucks got their title, now just go to Dallas and build the European super team now Giannis
Nah Luka needs to come play on my world Champion BUCKIES

didn't know there was an NBA thread on KF otherwise I would've been spamming the shit out of this during the finals.
What the Lakers did with getting Russell Westbrook is no different from what the Brooklyn Nets did snagging Kevin Durant.

Only difference is one doesn’t have a burner account to deflect criticism from joining popular teams after losing to them, while the other randomly just has triple doubles, but is slightly sensitive to criticism when it involves only him.
One of them almost drug his team to the finals single handedly, the other is called westbrick. I was skeptical about the nets trio playing well together, but clearly their experiment worked. We'll have to wait and see with the lakers, but lebron better hope he didn't fuck himself with westbrick.
any one else think the wizards fleeced the lakers? i mean westbrook is good, but dumping kuzma and harrell seems like not a good idea to me
Harrel and Kuzma didn't really fit well on the lakers, especially Harrell as he play's small ball center and they were already very deep at that position. I would agree though they dumped westbrick on the lakers, I would bet they were very happy to be rid of him as he's probably one of the hardest players in the league to build/fit a team around. Kuzma's trade stock was free falling much like Simmon's has, and they probably would've been better off dishing him last post season but that was way too short. Wizard's definitely finessed the Lakers they got Harrell who is a great 6th man, and Kuzma who has potential despite what lakers fan's will claim.

If Westbrick end's up being horrible for the lakers they're basically stuck with him because this would be the third team in three seasons that "just didn't work for him". Who the fuck would want him at that point, maybe the lakers could trade for Simmons, but then they'd just be swapping one dud pointguard for another dud pointguard.