The Pink Floyd Thread -

Enig

Solid Style State Senzuri
kiwifarms.net
Since we can, and they're awesome, and the Beatles are a tad bit overrated.

Also, unreleased Pink Floyd from the moon landing:
[youtube]i2HHT7txFQ0[/youtube]

• Disagree
Reactions: Pissmaster

champthom

"Champthom doesn't bullshit."
Founder
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Lady Gaga said:
Dark Side Of The Moon is the best.

Good day, sir.
You ever listen to that shit stoned? Not saying I have, because I of course am a law abiding citizen who would never indulge in illegal intoxicants, but from what I've been told it's good stuff.

The movie version of The Wall is probably my favorite movie. I actually saw Roger Waters do The Wall in concert last summer and it was absolutely fantastic, I was in the third row and it was so cool. Like when he did "Vera Lynn" he played these clips on The Wall of children being reunited with their soldier parents, really sad. Plus of course lots of cool inflatables and special effects and stuff.

Reactions: Pomeranian bitch

Spelling Bee

IT'S HIP
True & Honest Fan
Verified Bee
kiwifarms.net
champthom said:
Lady Gaga said:

Good day, sir.
You ever listen to that shit stoned? Not saying I have, because I of course am a law abiding citizen who would never indulge in illegal intoxicants, but from what I've been told it's good stuff.

The movie version of The Wall is probably my favorite movie. I actually saw Roger Waters do The Wall in concert last summer and it was absolutely fantastic, I was in the third row and it was so cool. Like when he did "Vera Lynn" he played these clips on The Wall of children being reunited with their soldier parents, really sad. Plus of course lots of cool inflatables and special effects and stuff.
I absolutely loved The Wall, It's an album that really makes you think.
I've heard that the concert is really great as well, I'm hoping to be able to see one before the plug is pulled on it.

Lady Gaga

kiwifarms.net
Spelling Bee said:
champthom said:
Lady Gaga said:

Good day, sir.

I absolutely loved The Wall, It's an album that really makes you think.
I've heard that the concert is really great as well, I'm hoping to be able to see one before the plug is pulled on it.
Nah, I haven't listened to DSOTM stoned, and yes, The Wall is fantastic. I would KILL to see Roger Waters perform The Wall, and it sucks to have missed The Flaming Lips tour and perform Dark Side Of The Moon. I did watch them perform it live on TV, and it was pretty great.

Male

This guy fucks!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is some Malice in Wonderland shit right here
[youtube]cFevDtxbBHM[/youtube]

trip2themoon

Pleasant Conversationist.
kiwifarms.net
Lady Gaga said:

Good day, sir.
Wish You Were Here is their best album.

RIP Richard:

[youtube]AmSjEu57Lxs[/youtube]

RIP Syd:

[youtube]_BZNWsFTaoY[/youtube]

I love their old stuff like Crumbling Land, Come In Number 51 Your Tine Is up, Apples and Oranges, Point Me to The Sky and Julia Dream is quite beautiful when you are right on the peak of an acid trip. Saw them at the Amsterdam Arena in 1994, best gig ever. When Roger tours his lead guitarist can never seem to hit certain notes the way Gilmour does. This is most noticeable in the lead solo at the end of Comfortably Numb. Roger's guy's lead solo just wasn't quite right.

The Dude

Bro, don't even bro, bro.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dark Side of the Moon was their magnum opus, but The Wall will always be my favorite. It speaks to me on many levels. When I saw The Wall film for the first time I wept when I saw the scene where young Pink finds the rat, gets sick, then goes back to the rat only to find it dead still wrapped up in his sweater. Just the whole symbolism of his innocence and childhood dying with his little pet got to me.

NNewt84

kiwifarms.net
Wow, this is an old thread, LOL

I just came across it because I'm listening to Dark Side of the Moon, so I got curious and decided to search "pink floyd" on here.

Anyway, DSotM is a great album, I totally recommend it for anyone who's into progressive rock. :)

glossdrop

You always try so hard
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wow, this is an old thread, LOL

I just came across it because I'm listening to Dark Side of the Moon, so I got curious and decided to search "pink floyd" on here.

Anyway, DSotM is a great album, I totally recommend it for anyone who's into progressive rock. :)
listen to animals fgt

Inflatable Julay

They fly now
kiwifarms.net
I discovered The Wall when I had a summer job that basically required me to sit in a vehicle all day and listen to music and talk radio. Blew my fuckin mind, and I remember around the same time hearing a parody of Young Lust on AM radio about being a tranny: "oooh, I wanna be a woman"

It was also cool listening to Brain Damage/Eclipse on the day of the eclipse a few years ago, just one of those musical moments you remember

Dom Cruise

kiwifarms.net
My all time favorite band by far, although what I really love is their run from Dark Side of the Moon to The Final Cut, that is just utterly incredible stuff.

The pre-Dark Side stuff is interesting, but just doesn't grab me like the later ones, it's very nascent stuff that didn't fully come together until Dark Side, but then post-Roger Waters I think Momentary Lapse of Reason just sucks, The Division Bell is alright but nothing special.

The evolution from Dark Side of the Moon to The Final Cut is funny because they became more and more specific in theming, from Dark Side being about the human condition in general and the constants of life in any era, like the passage of time, money, conflict, insanity and death to The Final Cut being very specifically about life in early '80s England down to even referencing Margaret Thatcher by name.

But The Final Cut is actually way, way underrated and that specificity is part of what makes it interesting, fyi the album evolved out of unused songs for The Wall and is a sort of companion piece to it featuring the return of the teacher character from The Wall and going more into his backstory and why he is the way he is.

The Wall is my favorite of their albums, very relevant stuff for today's world as well.

An Sionnach Seang

Justin Bieber shit's like a cat!
kiwifarms.net
I've always liked "Sysyphus" from "Ummagumma", as it neatly (unintentionally?) portrays the life and death of a love affair; the ecstatic start, the mad high, the bliss, and the crushing inevitability of it falling apart and coming to an end
also, for a long time I wanted to use the studio version of "A Saucerful Of Secrets" to scare the shit out of kids trick-or-treating on Halloween - blacking out the house completely, having it play very loudly on the hi-fi, and opening the front door with a really, really long bit of string (to give the impression it's opening by itself) - but it's been usurped by a more worthy successor (also, trick-or-treating was rare to non-existent in my neighbourhood)

Pomeranian bitch

kiwifarms.net
No one has mentioned The division bell and now I’m angry. Such an underrated album, I love all of them but this album is amazing to me, from start to finish and my favorite song is wearing the inside out, vocals are from Richard Wright.
From the earlier stuff I love obscured by the clouds, it brings so much nostalgia to my soul, it brings tears to my eyes.

Freya

i wanna go where the down boys go
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Breathe is my favorite song of theirs. I get goosebumps every time i hear the opening.

Listened to them a shitton in high school but honestly i can't stomach them anymore.

Don't get me wrong, they're great but rock radio plays the same 4 songs of theirs every hour and it ruins it

LiveFromNS

JIMI
kiwifarms.net
Good thread necro! Huge Floyd freak here.

Let me ask you who have contributed last few weeks. Have you ever listened to any Pink Floyd live concerts from 69-77? There are the 4 live 69 tracks on UG but those are very early days and are edited. Pompeii video is similarly edited and was done with making a video recording in mind.

If you have not heard anything live by them, I would be happy to make a wetransfer link of some of the better live show recordings I have. There is a fantastic audience show from 1970 that is 2 and 1/2 hours long. Also early recordings of DSoTM live before it was officially released. Live versions of You Gotta Be Crazy and Raving and Drooling (later to become Dogs and Sheep respectively). Complete WYWH and Animals LPs were played during the 1977 tour etc.

I hardly listen to the studio stuff anymore. Like someone above mentioned with the radio kind of killing his interest, its all great music, but having listened to the studio LPs 100s of times, the live concerts are a whole new experience. I think if you haven't really delved into Floyd live from 1969 to 1977, you are sorely ,missing out.

Again, if anyone is interested, I can make a link with 10 or so live shows from the era for people to check out.

Pomeranian bitch

kiwifarms.net
Good thread necro! Huge Floyd freak here.

Let me ask you who have contributed last few weeks. Have you ever listened to any Pink Floyd live concerts from 69-77? There are the 4 live 69 tracks on UG but those are very early days and are edited. Pompeii video is similarly edited and was done with making a video recording in mind.

If you have not heard anything live by them, I would be happy to make a wetransfer link of some of the better live show recordings I have. There is a fantastic audience show from 1970 that is 2 and 1/2 hours long. Also early recordings of DSoTM live before it was officially released. Live versions of You Gotta Be Crazy and Raving and Drooling (later to become Dogs and Sheep respectively). Complete WYWH and Animals LPs were played during the 1977 tour etc.

I hardly listen to the studio stuff anymore. Like someone above mentioned with the radio kind of killing his interest, its all great music, but having listened to the studio LPs 100s of times, the live concerts are a whole new experience. I think if you haven't really delved into Floyd live from 1969 to 1977, you are sorely ,missing out.

Again, if anyone is interested, I can make a link with 10 or so live shows from the era for people to check out.
I’m interested, please post.

Reactions: LiveFromNS
Tags
None