The saltiest a game has ever made you -

No Exit

I was only pretending to not be exceptional
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A lot of games pissed me off as a kid but the most recent game I hold a grudge against is Baba Is You. I was enjoying the game quite a bit until I came across one level where you have to exploit the mechanics of when something covers Baba. I forget the name of the level, it was mid to late game) but after that level it felt less like puzzle solving and more like having to cheat so I stopped playing.

EDIT: Found it.

• Informative
Reactions: Smaug's Smokey Hole

mr.moon1488

kiwifarms.net
I think the State of Decay games did more than anything. Kinda turned me off on the idea of perma-death being a good feature in anything but a turn based game. The issue is that it can be a fun feature if a character dies due to some aspect of the game's mechanics, but it's infuriating when you lose a character just purely due to some bug.

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
I remember one time, after a good bit of drinking, I decided to start Splinter Cell. The game has like some tutorial on sneaking or whatever, I can't remember exactly. All I remember is that my drunk ass was completely incapable of making it through the tutorial. I got so pissed off, I threw my PS2 controller on the ground and broke it. I don't think I ever played the game after that, so I'm not actually sure if the tutorial itself was difficult. It probably wasn't, but it still made me hella salty at the time.

Autumnal Equinox

Let me in...
kiwifarms.net
The Driver mission in GTA: Vice City. Holy shit that part pissed me off royally. I swear the fucking game just gives you the finger and starts cheating at that point. Even the shitty RC helicopter missions didn't tick me off as much as this did.

Also remember when I first started playing Diablo 2, had made a barbarian that just steamrolled through normal and nightmare, but got completely raped in hell difficulty. Couldn't even make it out of act 1

Stoneheart

kiwifarms.net
TODAYS AMERICAN CIVIL WAR WAS ALSO PRETTY STUPID! communist start a civil war, win the civil war, but dont take back their states, they puppeted one half as a democratic nation and released the other half as neutral nation.

• Islamic Content
Reactions: millais

Krokodil Overdose

[|][||][||][|_]
kiwifarms.net
Trying to hold Altdorf as Norsca in Total War: Warhammer 2 (Mortal Empires campaign.) Norsca gets really sweet bonuses for holding certain major capital settlements, so I took Couronne, swung up the river, grabbed Altdorf, hung around for a few turns to get the garrison built, and sailed off on my longship to go claim more skulls for the skull throne. Simple, right?

Wrong. Norscan garrisons are kinda shit, and even when you're occupying a major settlement, you don't get walls, so I kept getting attacked at Altdorf and kept playing the same map over... and over... and over. And it was a complete bullshit map that gave the enemy army a forested hill, so if they had arty, they could just park it up there and bombard me, they could move their skirmishers through cover, and generally just be a pain in the ass to deal with. And the worst part is that the armies kept sieging me, so I could never get anything built: construction pauses when you get besieged, so it would go like this: end turn-> podunk force besiges me-> defeat podunk force -> end turn-> podunk force besieges me. Then, when I finally managed to take all Imperial comers, the fucking Wood Elves showed up out of nowhere and proceeded to absolutely wreck my shit. Asrai elite infantry+ cav is so much better than Norscan marauders it's not even funny.

• Feels
Reactions: Slimy Time

firestarfag

Fucking trees
kiwifarms.net
Playing Resident Evil 7 on normal and taking three hours to try and take down Jack Baker the first time (when he's got the chainsaws), then giving up and deciding to go on easy mode and it took 5 minutes to kill him. I was beyond salty I had to walk away from it for the rest of the day. THEN reading online that you can use your arms to block his chainsaws.

Gar For Archer

kiwifarms.net
A lot of games pissed me off as a kid but the most recent game I hold a grudge against is Baba Is You. I was enjoying the game quite a bit until I came across one level where you have to exploit the mechanics of when something covers Baba. I forget the name of the level, it was mid to late game) but after that level it felt less like puzzle solving and more like having to cheat so I stopped playing.

EDIT: Found it.
IMO the “hard” levels should have stayed locked until you beat the whole game. They ramp up the difficulty considerably, and entirely messes with the feeling of progression if you try to complete each “world” before moving on to the next one. I’m alright with very difficult puzzles, but they should be very clearly marked as “optional” or “advanced” levels. The way it is now, they ARE labeled differently (dots instead of numbers I believe) but there is absolutely nothing that would indicate to an unsuspecting player the ridiculous rise in difficulty they’re about to face.

• Agree
Reactions: No Exit

No Exit

I was only pretending to not be exceptional
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
IMO the “hard” levels should have stayed locked until you beat the whole game. They ramp up the difficulty considerably, and entirely messes with the feeling of progression if you try to complete each “world” before moving on to the next one. I’m alright with very difficult puzzles, but they should be very clearly marked as “optional” or “advanced” levels. The way it is now, they ARE labeled differently (dots instead of numbers I believe) but there is absolutely nothing that would indicate to an unsuspecting player the ridiculous rise in difficulty they’re about to face.
Yeah the difficulty in that game was weird. I'd get stuck on a level for almost an hour, beat it, then fly through the next 3 or 4. I think it's just that some of the things you can do are taught well and some aren't. But showing off how things work in that game without hand-holding is really difficult.

Agent Nahman Jayden

Acts like he's from space
kiwifarms.net
Ooh I remember another one. When I was a kid, I had this Hobbit game for the Gamecube and it was all well and fun and good until I got to the "Flies and Spiders" level where you get swarmed by little spiders all the time and they're hard to hit and god help you if you didn't upgrade your potions chest to hold ten antidotes because those motherfuckers ALWAYS poisoned you. It doesn't bother me anymore but I remember getting really frustrated as a kid and I put the game down for several months.

Midlife Sperglord

Sperging over console gaming.
kiwifarms.net
Ruiner on the Xbox One - mainly because I can't complete speedrun mode since that mode always crashes the game and forces me back to the dashboard when I am just a few minutes away from the end of the game.

Any fighting games, because I'm so bad at them I make DSP look like a world champion. So if button mashing doesn't work, the salt will flow.

Saints Row 2, especially the heli assault side missions. That was a great game, but boy did it try its hardest to make you hate it at times. There was also a mission where you were supposed to escape in a helicopter, but would always get blown up seconds after taking off, so the only way to complete it was run back through the building and drive to safety.

Mario Bros Lost Levels - a troll game before troll games were a thing.

Mein Garten

Kamerads, wir must take die wassermelonen.
kiwifarms.net
Y'all ever play rust? I slammed my mouse on my desk and cracked it after some 14 year old raided me 3 times in a row while I was online. Fucker destroyed my furnaces and that's a pretty dick move. However it is rust.

AbyssStarer

Missionary of the Birb Church
kiwifarms.net
  • Etrian Mystery Dungeon: I spent hours grinding materials to make a really good staff, then the game froze. Now, any decent Mystery Dungeon does not tolerate savescumming, so the game treated it as a failed mission and I lost a piece of equipment off everybody, including my fucking staff. I got pretty damn mad. The game had a problem with crashing and freezing, so, whatever, fuck me, right?
  • Etrian Odyssey V: At the last stratum I got blown up by an enemy that goes 'lolfuckyou' and screen nukes if the fight takes more than 3 turns or so. EOV up to this point was a chore and full of stupid ideas so I just closed the game and deleted my save data. I don't know why my buddy 100%ed it, the postgame is like being served a hot plate of Atlus bullshit that trolls players just to be stupid.
  • Tales of Zestiria: This game is known as one of the worst Tales games for a reason. If you don't anally micromanage and grind the shit out of gear or just get lucky then you will be ramming against a wall trying to play this game. So the time I played Zestiria with a buddy we got roadblocked at the final boss because it has a screen-nuke move where you have to land a minimum amount of damage to knock him out of it...and you do this 4 different times with each seraphim character. So if somebody on your team doesn't have great offense then fuck you.
  • Shiren the Wanderer: the Tower of Furtune and the Dice of Fate: I think it's pretty fair to say that anybody who has played this game has gotten extremely assmad at it. Sometimes you get so close then you get unlucky and die two steps away from the stairs. The most annoying thing was that I can't be too mad at it because that game is so fucking well-made and fun, and when it's unbashedly unfair I can't help but want to keep going. It's like no one thing ever goes wrong that's totally out of your hands...except when you go down the stairs at night, take a step, and get warped and assbeaten by a couple enemies and lose the run.
  • Splatoon 2: I kind of just get assmad at people who play cheap 1HKO weapons (seriously, what's that curving bullet shit, nintendo?) and that's pretty much why I don't play ranked unless the Turf War stages are terrible, but my favorite mode is Salmon Run, so if there's a lot of bad weapon rotations then it's like I can barely even play the fucking game. SR is not meant to be played with snipers, bloblobbers, blasters, sloshers, brushes, or rollers. Having more than 1 in a rotation generally means you can't rank up or you're almost guaranteed to rank down.
  • Monster Hunter World: My buddy ragequit the game a few times after trying to fight the Final Fantasy monster on X rank (I think) shortly after it was released. I don't know much about MonHun but that monster is poorly adapted to the style of the game.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino