• Laugh, and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.

The Shin Megami Tensei/Persona Thread

Discussion in 'Games' started by scorptatious, May 25, 2014.

1. So it seem the rumor that catherine will be coming to steam were true. Here's hoping it open the road for more persona and that other weird spin off series, smt or something.

• Like Like x 5
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    Namesarehardtocomeupwith

Namesarehardtocomeupwith Bowsette > Booette

kiwifarms.is
  2. Fucking sweet.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    vertexwindi

vertexwindi Ohhh~ banana
    Supervisor True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  3. will nut for P3fes on steam

Animewasamistake

Animewasamistake Vet of the Kiwi Wars

kiwifarms.is
  4. Call it a hunch or desperation, but I have a feeling P5 may come to Switch due to these factors:

- Nintendo is on friendly terms with ATLUS and it's parent company, Sega.
    - Nintendo picked Joker to be on Smash instead of Sakurai so there is a business move in doing that.
    - ATLUS is likely being more open to having their games be on other systems as of late.

Even if it doesn't happen, I can always enjoy P5 on my PS3.

• 🤔 Thunkful x 2
    Truthboi

Truthboi Prince of filthy weeaboos

kiwifarms.is
  5. holy shit im fucking exceptional, ive been wasting my money on special fate readings from chihaya instead of affinity readings, i was wondering why my social links werent progressing

• Feels Feels x 3
    kiwifarms.is
  6. Namesarehardtocomeupwith

Namesarehardtocomeupwith Bowsette > Booette

kiwifarms.is
  7. Word on the grapevine is that they are planning to release Full Body as an expansion to Classic, and they probably wanted to test the waters and see if people were willing to buy Atlus PC games from their Megaten portfolio, so this is a toe in the water to see how the market pool is.

Apparently, they used a fan tool for converting Atlus game assets to make this port (it was a Github open source project that allowed commercial use), which seems to indicate Atlus may be softening it's former hardassed stance against their games being messed with in any way, which, given their parent company (Sega) has a rather tolerant stance on modding their games, may also indicate that Sega is hoping to make bank by porting SMT/Persona to PC, and is leaning on Atlus to try giving the Western PC market a chance.

They probably don't expect Japanese markets to roll in the dough (PC does poorly in Japan for games mostly), but Sega certainly must realize Western markets would likely be all over this shit.

Speaking for myself, I wouldn't be able to throw money at Atlus fast enough if we got mainline SMT/Persona on PC, already bought Catherine Classic.

GethN7

GethN7 EVIL HITLER BITCH
    Verified True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  8. If Persona 5 R ends up being like Golden, I hope they manage to do what they wanted to do in the bringing and make Hifumi Togo a playable character/Phantom Thief.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    SteelPlatedHeart

SteelPlatedHeart Here far longer than I should have been
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    metroid_fetish

metroid_fetish Your fetish is vanilla.

kiwifarms.is
  9. I swear, the r/megaten subreddit is making me facepalm.

They get a port of a title they never thought they'd see outside of consoles to PC, and even though it has rough edges, it's still better than on the system it launched on.

Me, I consider like I did Yakuza 0, which released in a similar state, a harbinger of better things to come and a lessons learned port for future endeavors, and Sega/Atlus has given no indication they won't do just this.

Instead, all they can do is whine is not true 60 FPS (I never got this crap, if it's smooth at 30, why gripe?), it's got a few porting goofs like a leftover Xbox reference, and the fact they used a fan tool to port the game and even left it and some WIP files in the port code. (hardly unique, tons of other games, including past SMT games, have left similar things in the game code)

And despite the above flaws, the port is actually pretty good regardless, but the subreddit seems to have this whole sour grapes take on getting something like this.

• Agree Agree x 4
    GethN7

GethN7 EVIL HITLER BITCH

kiwifarms.is
  10. The only real problem I've had with Catherine so far is that the 3D cutscenes were exceptionally blurry. Didn't seem like an artistic thing and it gave me a headache so I turned off DOF and it seems to have done the trick.

• Informative Informative x 2
    vertexwindi

vertexwindi Ohhh~ banana

kiwifarms.is
  11. I turn off/down DOF as a rule in every game. It always tends to suck by default. DOF is generally a rather lazily applied postprocessing effect anyway to begin with, and as you put, just tends to make things look worse.

• Agree Agree x 2
    GethN7

GethN7 EVIL HITLER BITCH

kiwifarms.is
  12. I use it in Bethesderp games to cover up ugly LODS.

Ruin

Ruin Mercenary Slut
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  13. I find it easier to just use mods that optimize the LODs, which has the same effect but also has the added benefit of giving better performance. Besides, Catherine uses the same engine Bethesderp games do (Gamebryo), and it has the bad habit of applying DOF at the worst times and very poorly.

GethN7

GethN7 EVIL HITLER BITCH

kiwifarms.is
  14. On the topic of P5R: I wonder if they're going to show what happened to
    Goro and if they're going to include his palace considering that they ended up scrapping it in the original game
    "According to the game, Erica is a trans woman, assigned male at birth. It serves to invalidate Erica in her gender, because if it’s all men that suffer from the curse, then to the game’s logic, Erica is considered a man. You see the problem?":story:

Also, I don't get the complaints about Erica specifically being sexualized when all of the other important (actually) female characters (Catherine, Katherine, Trisha) also are sexualized. In fact, sex is one of the main themes of the game, so why doesn't he have a problem with that?

• Agree Agree x 7
    ATaxingWoman

ATaxingWoman Professional Stray Cat Tax Investigator

kiwifarms.is
  15. trannies are pure owo

• Feels Feels x 1
    vertexwindi

vertexwindi Ohhh~ banana

kiwifarms.is
  16. To this, I propose a radical idea:

QUIT PUTTING TRANNIES ON A PEDESTAL.

If we keep going this route, all transgender people cannot be portrayed in any way, whatsoever, without pissing SOMEONE off, and if we DON'T portray them at all, it's "transgender erasure".

Maybe....ida know....just accept what the fuck we're given, quit obsessing over fictional depictions of them and worry about IRL shit that actually fucking matters.

But that's just my take on it, I'm not transgender, and after seeing how damn fragile so many of the people who obsess over them are, I don't want to be and pity the ones who are and would rather not have these lame, scared of offending anyone, white knights shitting blood over every depiction of them we ARE getting.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Feels Feels x 1
    GethN7

GethN7 EVIL HITLER BITCH

kiwifarms.is
  17. I'm not sure they'll port Persona 5 to the Switch but I can definitely see some Persona spin offs being a Switch exclusive like Persona Q being a 3DS exclusive. Main titles have always been PlayStation exclusive, so seeing Persona 5 or 6 on another console is rare, but spin offs can be found on most consoles.

I mean I would love to see P5 on Switch but it won't happened.

Deus Ex Macarena

Deus Ex Macarena Lift Off For Love

kiwifarms.is
  18. It's far likelier bet it will see a PC port to be honest.

In fact, I'm starting to wonder if Atlus is finally doing PC ports of their console exclusives to steal a march on the emulator crowd and possibly win back some goodwill after the Persona 5 RPCS3 incident.

GethN7

GethN7 EVIL HITLER BITCH

kiwifarms.is
  19. It's still just a hunch and Nintendo wants to get in on the Persona cash train that I don't think spinoffs would really do them favors, and since ATLUS is porting games to PC, it seems likely ATLUS wants to put some of their more popular titles on platforms that many would be willing to buy it from.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Truthboi

Truthboi Prince of filthy weeaboos

kiwifarms.is
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.