The Twitch DMCA Saga (Three Times Resilient!) -

Jaximus

kiwifarms.net
I think people are missing something about this 3rd DMCA strike, it was indeed worse than the previous 2. Nothing on Phil’s channel like emotes etc were claimed this time, Superhound pretended to be an THQ employee and actually striked him for the game he was playing at the time (destroy all humans).

To put this in perspective on why it says something bad about the DMCA system: if Superhound wanted he could have DMCA claimed every single streamer playing destroy all humans on twitch, or even people with vods of them playing said game.

DZoomer

kiwifarms.net
I still can't believe he made such a big deal out of this recent DMCA being "far worse" than the others only for him to get unbanned in the shortest amount of time so far. It was probably extremely comparable to the previous 2 instances. He just really cannot help himself.
I honestly don't understand how that hasn't happened yet. Phil doesn't make that much money for them and says lots of stupid shit.

I guess the thing that saves him from being dropped is being a nobody. They'll only drop him if he does something bad that goes viral.

Fapcop

kiwifarms.net
I think people are missing something about this 3rd DMCA strike, it was indeed worse than the previous 2. Nothing on Phil’s channel like emotes etc were claimed this time, Superhound pretended to be an THQ employee and actually striked him for the game he was playing at the time (destroy all humans).

To put this in perspective on why it says something bad about the DMCA system: if Superhound wanted he could have DMCA claimed every single streamer playing destroy all humans on twitch, or even people with vods of them playing said game.

Hmm... It sure would be tragic if this started happening on a regular basis. Like every time a new game is released.

Phil getting increasingly irate and ranting for every strike. Sympathy bucks drying up because people have gotten used to it.

Yessiree, it sure would be awful to abuse the DMCA system in this way!

I honestly don't understand how that hasn't happened yet. Phil doesn't make that much money for them and says lots of stupid shit.

I guess the thing that saves him from being dropped is being a nobody. They'll only drop him if he does something bad that goes viral.
I think Phil has been quite happy with his relatively low key following, ever since last year.

Remember when DSP trended on Twitter all of a sudden? (And he tried a ridiculous comeback and made a “debunking” video!)

I think that event made him realize (as much as he can) how widely mocked and unpopular he is.

That, combined with Phil’s paranoia over cancel-culture has made Phil pretty comfortable with where he is.

He wants that money, he really does but he doesn’t want to risk attracting any more attention to his gouty self.

Last edited:

Pargon

Hitler died, my mother also died
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I kinda agree with you, witht he first part.

The first two times this happened, okay... but its obvious it will come back after a few hours, pointless.
I'm not against it being that he's a cultcow and all the news is getting posted to a single thread. If people just happen to see it bumped without a board announcement they may not realize new drama is afoot.

SkippyLongbottom

kiwifarms.net
I would be surprised if he actually got fed up with Twitch and this DMCA stuff if he decides to actually go through with fucking off from it. Right now though, he's really driving the whole Youtube Ranting Switcheroo everytime it happens and taking advantage of receiving money.

If this becomes a routine thing for him, the question is how long can he keep up with the "Twitch bad and I want to speak to the manager" before he actually gets shitcanned?

Pargon

Hitler died, my mother also died
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If this becomes a routine thing for him, the question is how long can he keep up with the "Twitch bad and I want to speak to the manager" before he actually gets shitcanned?
Considering he talked the same amount of shit about YouTube for months while he was with Machinima with no repercussions I'd say it isn't likely. He's not exactly on the level of "fuck Twitch" (yet? :optimistic:) and I'd say that's probably the baseline at which they'd start considering a cost-benefit look at keeping him around. No company wants to keep around employees who openly badmouth them, especially on their own platform.

Personally I hope he does decide to go low. His diatribes during his Emergency videos while he was with Machinima were absolute gold. I'd love to see that level of salt from him again.

Fapcop

kiwifarms.net
I was gonna volunteer but then i figured there wasnt a condom thick enough to make me realize Phils dick was in here too.
I was gonna volunteer but then i figured there wasnt a condom thick enough to make me realize Phils dick was in here too.
Idk man... I kinda doubt that. I have a feeling they got an Al/Peg Bundy dynamic going.

I can picture Phil sitting on the couch, relaxing with some WWE Champions after a long hard day of streaming for speds, when a piercing voice suddenly makes him flinch with annoyance.

“PHIIIIL!! It’s Saturday! You know what that means!”

Pepsi-Cola

Fuck Cumrobbery!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Hmm... It sure would be tragic if this started happening on a regular basis. Like every time a new game is released.

Phil getting increasingly irate and ranting for every strike. Sympathy bucks drying up because people have gotten used to it.

Yessiree, it sure would be awful to abuse the DMCA system in this way!
i mean it was also funny the first couple times people called chris chans house to scream julay...

CaesarCzech

kiwifarms.net

to put this in perspective i once knocked game about Syrian Civil War out during crucial sale period after release because they presumed me to be pirate because i had hidden user profile back when steam worked differently. Cats who play were the devs and game was called Syrian Warfare, its freaking easy 20 year old i was at the time can do it.

• Dumb
Reactions: You

BooneHelm

kiwifarms.net

It's also extremely telling of the relationship between Twitch and game studios. In this instance it was fake but let's say it wasn't and was a real THQ employee. So if a studio doesn't want their game streamed or even has a vendetta against a particular creator, they can just have them suspended? That's bullshit if you ask me.

• Agree
Reactions: Kosher Salt

Hadidecount1990

kiwifarms.net
How much do we know about the Superhound guy? I feel like anyone that obsessed with taking down DSP is bound be autistic and probably has some funny stuff to look into.
Back in 2017 (and I'm pretty sure this year too IIRC), he was flagging detractor channels on youtube for Phil. So this false DMCA shit is nothing new to him.

EDIT: Not sure if Phil told him to do it or anything like that, but like with all of these autists, they will do things to make their goutlord happy only to turn back on him the minute they don't get recognition or get shit on by him. My theory is that he likes all of the attention this has been getting him

Last edited:
Tags
None