The XFL general -

Iron Hamster

Days Twitch has waited for DSP apology: 128
kiwifarms.net
Wildcats and Dragons are still playing in Seattle this weekend despite the citywide ban on gatherings over 250 people. They just aren't admitting anyone to watch the game. Should make for an interesting viewing experience.
Poor Vince. The timing of the virus couldn't be worse. Also ironic since the Opie & Anthony had liked to call their show 'The virus'.

TLS

Sixteen times the detail.
kiwifarms.net
Lol nope.

xflcancel.jpg

Kacho

I was gonna beat barbussy up but then I got merged
kiwifarms.net
It sucks. First time in years I've actually been excited for and invested in a sports league and then the legs get kicked out from under it. Demoralizing to say the least.

Vince supposedly has the league structured so that it can last at least three years, even losing money. But ending the first season halfway through has to be a pretty serious financial blow. Hopefully they can recover long term. I'm pretty dejected right now but hopefully my hype recovers by next spring too.

I can't imagine

kiwifarms.net
What’s left now, just esports? Or are they all cancelled too...

Bits and pieces, here and there. Pretty much all live events are cancelled, postponed, or in a limbo state at the moment. The Chinese LOL League is still going; they're just playing online. Several CS:GO leagues are online-based, so they're still running. Some Dota2 qualifiers are supposed to be going on, though considering they're for LAN events whose fates are in question, I'm not sure how competitive they'll be. Fighting game tourneys will probably only cancel if they literally aren't allowed to run, since that's how the FGC is.

So yeah, even e-sports is pretty dire right now.

TLS

Sixteen times the detail.
kiwifarms.net
Well..The Dragons season can't get any worse now at least.

BUT IT DID GET WORSE

An unidentified XFL player has tested positive for coronavirus, the league confirmed to USA TODAY Sports on Saturday.
The league said in a statement that the player, who is a member of the Seattle Dragons, reported his symptoms to team medical staff on Tuesday and was immediately placed in quarantine, where he has remained in the days since.
The player received a test for COVID-19 "as soon as possible," according to the statement, and received the result of the test Friday.
According to the league, the unidentified player participated in Seattle's previous two games against the Houston Roughnecks and St. Louis BattleHawks but was asymptomatic at the time.

H&K Hates You

And you suck
kiwifarms.net
Bits and pieces, here and there. Pretty much all live events are cancelled, postponed, or in a limbo state at the moment. The Chinese LOL League is still going; they're just playing online. Several CS:GO leagues are online-based, so they're still running. Some Dota2 qualifiers are supposed to be going on, though considering they're for LAN events whose fates are in question, I'm not sure how competitive they'll be. Fighting game tourneys will probably only cancel if they literally aren't allowed to run, since that's how the FGC is.

So yeah, even e-sports is pretty dire right now.
Minors and local FGC stuff is doing okay, but stuff like official Bamco and Capcom tourneys are dropping like flies.
Plenty of online rfactor and iRacing events are popping up in the wake of oz F1

Kacho

I was gonna beat barbussy up but then I got merged
kiwifarms.net
Holy shit... XFL might just make it boys... Granted they are losing two of their top quarterbacks right outta the gate.
That was always going to happen. Roster shake ups will be routine in the XFL. Personally I think it's a good thing because it means each year will be fresh. No dynasties, no divas. Easily one of my most hated things about the NFL.