Thoughts about DSP's Psychology - Dr Fred Freud's Office

Richard Harrow

“Look, fat, look, here's the deal...”
kiwifarms.net
I got a reason to watch Dave's pre-streams now:

View attachment 1185939
Vigorously rocking back and forth during pre-stream when he thinks he can't be seen. There are a couple of videos where he does the same thing (once when his reflection was in a glass door and one time when someone snuck a "detractor" pre-stream image in that was semi-transparent and allowed him to be seen. General theory is that he's "stimming"--literally autistic coping.
Threw this in here and thought it was relevant. Learned something new today thanks to @actually and @iLoveDoe

EmpGulcasa

Why can't people just be normal?
kiwifarms.net
I was checking out his rocking and general stimming behaviours earlier. How the fuck can he drive with his mindless back and forth or t poses being so programmed/robotic?
Is the back injury a cover for a mental issue?
If it's what I think it is, Tourettes Syndrome, unless it's a truly severe case of it people can usually suppress the tics when out and about and wait until they're alone or at home to let it all pour out at once. The fact that he's been caught doing it when he thinks the stream can't see him supports this as well.

Wurstbrot

This was my depression
kiwifarms.net
I was checking out his rocking and general stimming behaviours earlier. How the fuck can he drive with his mindless back and forth or t poses being so programmed/robotic?
Is the back injury a cover for a mental issue?
At some point he explained he feels mentally uneasy if he doesn't rock like a hurricane and it has not much to do with his back. Of course taken with a truck of salt because originally it was to relax his herniated disc.

I have my own little ticks, assuming from them I'd say both is right. He rocked so often it evolved into a tick.

Tatu Carreta2

kiwifarms.net
I have noticed that Phil ends a lot of his sentences in the form of a question even when its not? He does this constantly? For example in a LSB restream I just watched he said: "CustomMadeFrosting did a 100 bit cheer?" ,why the fuck is that a question Phil? I post this in this thread because im convinced it has something to do with him being manipulative but I cant quite tell, IMO its a manipulation technique,telemarketers end their sentences with questions that you would be inclined to respond with "yes" so as to make you feel a better predisposition towards them and more willing to say yes to anything they say,they even end their sentences with ok and "yes?" as to make you say yes.

I think Phil being a manipulative narcissist tries to do the same but he is too low IQ to pull it off so he ends every sentences in the form of a question even when it doesnt make sense or maybe he is so used to doing it that he does it all the time. I say that he is used to doing it because a lot of times he asks questions when talking and the response to those question that he postulates would make you agree with him.

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have noticed that Phil ends a lot of his sentences in the form of a question even when its not? He does this constantly? For example in a LSB restream I just watched he said: "CustomMadeFrosting did a 100 bit cheer?" ,why the fuck is that a question Phil? I post this in this thread because im convinced it has something to do with him being manipulative but I cant quite tell, IMO its a manipulation technique,telemarketers end their sentences with questions that you would be inclined to respond with "yes" so as to make you feel a better predisposition towards them and more willing to say yes to anything they say,they even end their sentences with ok and "yes?" as to make you say yes.

I think Phil being a manipulative narcissist tries to do the same but he is too low IQ to pull it off so he ends every sentences in the form of a question even when it doesnt make sense or maybe he is so used to doing it that he does it all the time. I say that he is used to doing it because a lot of times he asks questions when talking and the response to those question that he postulates would make you agree with him.
It's actually a speech mannerism or inflection known as "Uptalk". People here and even in his own chat have poked fun at him for speaking with Uptalk in the past, because it's a mannerism that is stereotypically characteristic of vacuous teenage bimbos and flamboyant gays.

I don't mean to stir the pot or anything, but I do not believe he has NPD.
He 'forgives' people: this one is harder to show because he has no in person relations, but he unbans people who grovel and beg. Narcissists do not do this. If you spurn one, you don't come back from that.
I don't think there's any significance to the fact that he unbans people - it's at least not evidence of forgiveness. It's entirely transactional; what can he get out of that person? If it's a person who regularly tips then he doesn't benefit by leaving them banned for too long. That exploitative, or at least transactional view of the people in his world is consistent with narcissist traits, and not evidence of forgiveness.

I think Phil's behaviour is consistent with narcissism as I understand it. For example:
- Much of what he does is roleplaying, or building a facade of a mature adult, and constantly building up, or reinforcing the narrative. Which is why he neededa new relationship with khet so soon after Leanna, and why he refers to his wife and cat as his "family" (who does this? Phil, you sound ridiculous when you do this). Even if he personally considered that little unit a family, why does he have to repeatedly say it to his viewers? He's playing a part and building up that self. There's nothing behind it though; he doesn't grow as a person. He doesn't yearn for an intellectual or emotional connection to a partner. He's doing what he understands others do, and what he thinks is success by bringing a wife into his orbit.
- he has no sense of humor about himself whatsoever, and can't laugh at any joke at his expense. The few occasions where he tried he's obviously pretending, and only because he has no alternative in the moment. Many shit stirring tips could be laughed off, or others would run with them in a way that encourages more tips. Our boy can't hack it. There's no resilience or robustness there, because they attack his brittle, constructed self. A healthy, resilient, self assured person wouldn't care what some random autist troll said in a tip. He knows enough to say he doesn't care, but his actions and hissy fits betray that he does. I suspect because they cut him down, and attack him in his world where he otherwise is building himself up.
- the gaslighting, confusing behaviours. Leaving people confounded, particularly his mods or people actually in his inner circle. Even seasoned DSP observers can be left confounded by his nonsense, (that feeling of ...wow) which might be why we keep watching. That effect on others is consistent with covert narcissism.
- inability to admit fault, constant deflecting, blaming others. Everyone in the universe is stupid (people buying groceries, game developers) except for him. Palpable lack of insight.
- inability to maintain positive, pro-social, long-term relationships. The only long term relationships he's had have been with women over whom he has a significant power imbalance (age/worldliness, income/wealth). The only people who choose his company these days are his parents (in small doses), and Khet who is still relatively young and not at all worldly, but will probably come to her senses one day like his former friends and Leanna did. Kat deserves better and she'll figure it out for herself one day soon (and when she does I'm sure the farms will leave her alone and collectively wish her well).

So DSP's is an unusual mix of narcissism combined with a lack of intelligence in a person who despite those deficiencies has somehow acquired significant influence over his little world during the narrow window of time when the stream is on. Once the stream is off, and he's uploaded his videos, that feeling of power leaves him. This is why he feels the need to reconnect to the part of the day where he has power through a late night tweet at a time when most would be well and truly clocked off from their work life. That late night tweet reconnects him to the little fiefdom where he is in charge, and makes him briefly feel big at a time of night when the doubts are creeping in. I suspect the tweeting on his days off can be explained in similar terms. Why on Earth would he do these things otherwise?

Most healthy people get resilience/grit/strength through our relationships. These relationships are what enable us to face, confront or navigate difficult situations, and maintain good mental health. Those relationships are usually partners, friends, trusted co-workers, spouses, siblings. Due to his inadequacies, DSP can't really turn to those people, so perhaps touching base with the DSPgaming world where he feels big is how he gains some fleeting strength to face what he's up against, even if it does look pathetic, or is intended to bait trolls. This isn't evidence of respecting or appreciating his viewers, just that he gains some sort of strength when he's amongst them.

It will be fascinating to see him rationalise the bankruptcy proceedings (a process he doesn't really understand, and which involves subjecting his circumstances by making an application to people and institutions who have significant actual power over him) particularly if it doesn't go as he hopes.

DiabeticSP

kiwifarms.net
not really, afaik bears are muscular big dudes with a little fat. philbert is complete mush with 0 muscle.
Bears is just a catch all for 'bigger dudes'. Phil doesn't qualify because he lacks the personality to make it work.

He's just dumpy, not 'attractive fat'. Its like how theres BBW chicks and fat chicks. Chubby chasers don't just want ANY fat bitch, they want the right kind.

The only kind of guy Phil could get would be a dude on the level of Kat. Think a Cosmo if we're being (very) generous.

Though my money is still on him being an asexual weirdo.

Coin Ops

He's a good player with a very open wallet
kiwifarms.net
Phil can't be gay. He had all those statues of big breasted comic book women. Sexy She-Hulk, sexy Black Cat, sexy Snow Queen, and the "art piece" of the overly sexualized Zelda, Peach, and Samus. He obviously likes women.
I picture him 15 minutes before he left to pick Kat up at the airport, furiously shoving all the sexy statues to the very back of his closet.

WorthlessTrash

The Private Loser Who Chases Public Losers
kiwifarms.net
I do think Phil is a little gay. Perhaps bi-curious would be a better way to put it. And I do think that's the root of his homophobia because seeing gay content he desperately has to comment how much he doesn't like it. Homophobia is the right word with Phil because he's fucking terrified of anything that even slightly presents it's self as mildly gay.

Which is gay as fuck Phil, get over it you faggot.
Phil is a faggot, but he is not gay. He's just a socially inept NEET with no understanding or no concern for how the word works. Also, if he's gay for watching men rub on each other at wrestling, then I guess all MMA fans are gay too.

Last edited:

Providence Backing_21

Jasper just did that
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If it's what I think it is, Tourettes Syndrome, unless it's a truly severe case of it people can usually suppress the tics when out and about and wait until they're alone or at home to let it all pour out at once. The fact that he's been caught doing it when he thinks the stream can't see him supports this as well.
I could see Tourettes mainly because of his facial movements and expressions. It's like a an untrustworthy bug eyed homeless man. Who's asking about money for a bus ticket.

SquaBébé

I think you're beautiful
kiwifarms.net
The "I'm a mature adult" meme that seems to bleed into countless rants and arguements. I've never in my life seen someone so insanely desperate to be taken seriously. He's said his parents were very strict, is it a case of some kind of arrested development where part of him never got past his parents controlling him? Or is it just one of those thing he uses to fuel his need to be superior and ignore criticism/opposition from those who don't meet his 'standard' and are therefore below him. I've met people who had a similar obnoxious mentality, but never somebody who tirelessly vocalizes it like he does.

Last edited:

Sparkletor 2.0

My first Jonbenet accidentally died
kiwifarms.net
The "I'm a mature adult" meme that seems to bleed into countless rants and arguements. I've never in my life seen someone so insanely desperate to be taken seriously. He's said his parents were very strict, is it a case of some kind of arrested development where part of him never got past his parents controlling him? Or is it just one of those thing he uses to fuel his need to be superior and ignore criticism/opposition from those who don't meet his 'standard' and are therefore below him. I've met people who had a similar obnoxious mentality, but never somebody who tirelessly vocalizes it like he does.
A mature adult.

I'm going to be late to work tomorrow. I have to cook some pasta sauce. I can't do it today, it's my day off.

twattycake

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
He's said his parents were very strict, is it a case of some kind of arrested development where part of him never got past his parents controlling him?
No on "strict", yes on arrested development: His parents spoiled him rotten-just watch the Wolverine toy meltdown if you don't believe me-and never taught him to be self-reliant: Dad arranged the helicopter plant job after Best Buy fired him, he lived with his parents until age 27, mom did his laundry until he moved to Renton, and they are still giving him 4-5 figures/year for wrasslin' taxes. So I think it's less "never got past controlling parents" and more "too lazy and pampered to figure out how to function without them".

Or is it just one of those thing he uses to fuel his need to be superior and ignore criticism/opposition from those who don't meet his 'standard' and are therefore below him. I've met people who had a similar obnoxious mentality, but never somebody who tirelessly vocalizes it like he does.
I think it's "neither of the above", he's always had a gigantic ego and thought of himself as some kind of Internet pioneer or superhero. You're cutting to the core of his ego when you say "dude you're acting like a goddamn 5 year old" and that's what provokes such a strong reaction.

A mature adult.

I'm going to be late to work tomorrow. I have to cook some pasta sauce. I can't do it today, it's my day off.
This is nothing new, on his old "Top Haters" website he made it sound like going to university + a part-time job at Best Buy + attending and placing last at FGC events was some kind of superhuman achievement.

Last edited:

GunnlaugurSassoon

kiwifarms.net
No on "strict", yes on arrested development: His parents spoiled him rotten-just watch the Wolverine toy meltdown if you don't believe me-and never taught him to be self-reliant: Dad arranged the helicopter plant job after Best Buy fired him, he lived with his parents until age 27, mom did his laundry until he moved to Renton, and they are still giving him 4-5 figures/year for wrasslin' taxes. So I think it's less "never got past controlling parents" and more "too lazy and pampered to figure out how to function without them".
Yeah, I'll definitely agree with this. The strict parents is an image he wants to project but constantly contradicts. The Wolverine toy, every console and games when he wanted. He was pampered like a baby to an extremely weird amount. Whose mother brushes their hair through fucking high school? Who spends their day without lecture hanging out with their mom and going shopping with their mom?

SquaBébé

I think you're beautiful
kiwifarms.net
This is nothing new, on his old "Top Haters" website he made it sound like going to university + a part-time job at Best Buy + attending and placing last at FGC events was some kind of superhuman achievement.
Is "Top Haters" just what it sounds like? An actual list of people?

twattycake

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Is "Top Haters" just what it sounds like? An actual list of people?
No, it was basically a knockoff of Maddox's website with a vidya/FGC/internet culture focus rather than whatever crossed his mind. The term "Top Haters" was what Phil called himself + people who agreed with him (I can't be bothered to look but it may have referred to people who posted on his forum as well). Of course, since Phil was radioactive even when he made the site, nobody other than him actually used that term.

Archived link if you really, truly hate yourself

Tags
None