Titpee / This is Thin Privilege - Morbidly Obese HAES Tumblrinas

Vorhtbame

The prettiest zombie-slayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
It’s not really fair to equate losing weight with maintaining weight. Like no duh if you’re already thin you don’t have to work at staying that way compared with having to actively lose weight.

But honestly, I don’t get why all these fats think thin people actually give a crap or even think about why they’re fat or care about them losing weight. Just like an alcoholic in the family, we all have fat people in our lives and most of us don’t expect someone to just wake up one day and start making better life choices, so most of us just accept that you’re always going to be fat and it’s not really our business anyway.

I mean, the only time a thin girl really cares about whether someone is fat is if she's choosing bridesmaids.

One Man Bland

kiwifarms.net
It’s not really fair to equate losing weight with maintaining weight. Like no duh if you’re already thin you don’t have to work at staying that way compared with having to actively lose weight.
I'd disagree on this front. A lot of heath experts argue that maintaining weight is often harder than actually losing because a change in your metabolism can happen that causes your usual calorie intake to be too much without you realizing it, or in the case of fat people who lose weight a lot of them get into the mindset that they can go back to eating the way they used to once they get to their goal weight and then declare the diet/exercise they did means it was a sham when they immediately gain it all back as a result.

Also judging from few the links I found on the subject trying to find where they're getting this "thin people eat more than fat people!!!" claim from, that TITPE post overlooks that what the experts are actually saying is that thin people aren't necessarily eating more portion or calorie-wise so much is that they tend to spread their eating throughout the day with foods that are typically low in fat but extremely hearty food, while fat people tend to gravitate towards a lot of junk that is high in calories but ultimately unfilling so people end up eating way over the normal calorie intake threshold in order to feel satisfied. There also seems to be two notable cycles going on where thin people typically have more energy, therefore are more physically active, which allows them burn off whatever they eat, which gives them more energy, while a lot of people in the obese range experience an opposite effect where they find themselves craving larger portions but don't have the energy to burn it off.

Granted there is some nuggets of truth in this in that experts also seem to agree that being a little on the chunky side isn't reflective of your health so long as your heart and lungs are strong and you're active throughout the day, but TITPE is rarely ever talking about such people. And judging by their constant references to "yoga twice a week" and Instagram I'm guessing they don't even know anyone whose thin personally or what their daily regimin is actually like, and instead just scour random thin people's social media accounts to feel bitter about because they assume that one photo they took of that brightly colored cocktail they had last Saturday juxtaposed with a picture of them at brunch is reflective of all of their eating and exercise habits.

AnOminous

each malted milk ball might be their last
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I personally like the bit where she assumes that thin people are actually secret eaters, scarfing down as much fast food as any given fat person--just not where you can see them. Surely we all eat 3,500 calories a day, yes?

These horrifyingly obese lardmonsters probably often break 3,500 calories in a single meal.

George Oscar Bluth Jr

I've Made A Huge Mistake
kiwifarms.net
Also judging from few the links I found on the subject trying to find where they're getting this "thin people eat more than fat people!!!" claim from, that TITPE post overlooks that what the experts are actually saying is that thin people aren't necessarily eating more portion or calorie-wise so much is that they tend to spread their eating throughout the day with foods that are typically low in fat but extremely hearty food, while fat people tend to gravitate towards a lot of junk that is high in calories but ultimately unfilling so people end up eating way over the normal calorie intake threshold in order to feel satisfied.

A lot of the very fat people I've known incorporate food into every social occasion, too. Yeah, if you want to order pizza or go out to eat every time you have friends over, it'll feel like your skinny friends are always eating the same unhealthy stuff as you, but they maintain a much healthier diet otherwise.

Daisy

I have a complicated relationship with Mondays
kiwifarms.net
A lot of the very fat people I've known incorporate food into every social occasion, too. Yeah, if you want to order pizza or go out to eat every time you have friends over, it'll feel like your skinny friends are always eating the same unhealthy stuff as you, but they maintain a much healthier diet otherwise.
Yeah, pretty much. Thin people who indulge on special occasions probably don't stuff their faces with fatty foods the rest of the time, or they're active enough to justify the extra calorie intake.

The stories about fatties who claim they were eating sensibly at a family gathering only to get mean looks and slapped hands and judgement simply for Being Fat are my favorites. "I took one small piece of bread, the entire family gasped in horror, and my evil relative shrieked at me to put it back immediately before it went to my fat thighs!"

I mean I'm sure that some people DO have jugdey family members who nitpick at their eating habits, but people like that are the type to bitch about something EVERY family member does, whether it be their choice of clothing or hairstyle or spouse or some other bad habit as simple as nail-biting. I bet these fatties conveniently leave out that their oh so mean relative shouted at, say, their uncle for having another glass of wine because they think he's a drunk, but you don't see the uncle going "sober privilege is being allowed to have more than two small sips of wine and not be accused of alcoholism."

EDIT: This is a treasure. "I'm a GOOD fatty who LIKES healthy food and drinks water, but I'm oppressed because thin people were eating junk food!" Yet some of the posts here bitch about thin people being self-righteous dieters. Does this person not realize the irony?

Last edited:

Panda788

hold me tigjt like hamburguer
kiwifarms.net
qavvnrP.png

trYPHKV.png

I'd go over this point by point but I'd have to write a goddamn novel.
What's more impressive is that this post has 9k notes. Losing weight isn't some magical ultimately impossible task. Diets only work for a supposedly quick way to lose weight, but once you lose it all you have to do is keep the health lifestyle or else you'll gain weight back. That doesn't mean you'll never be able to eat pizza or brownies again it just means you can have a bit of everything but moderately.

Moderately also isn't just a "once in a month" thing. Moderately just means eat anyhing but in a health quantity.

LazarusOwenhart

Terrainist Shitlord!
kiwifarms.net
What's more impressive is that this post has 9k notes. Losing weight isn't some magical ultimately impossible task. Diets only work for a supposedly quick way to lose weight, but once you lose it all you have to do is keep the health lifestyle or else you'll gain weight back. That doesn't mean you'll never be able to eat pizza or brownies again it just means you can have a bit of everything but moderately.

Moderately also isn't just a "once in a month" thing. Moderately just means eat anyhing but in a health quantity.
I love how the insinuation is that it's more or less impossible for a thin person to get fat.

Panda788

kiwifarms.net
I love how the insinuation is that it's more or less impossible for a thin person to get fat.
Another excuse I still see is the myth that all health food is expensive. Of course if you buy everything organic it's going to be expensive; But health food isn't that crazy expensive. Chicken, potatoes, rice, tomatoes, eggs, bananas, oranges, pasta etc none of this is so insanely more expensive than a meal in a fast food chain like KFC. And there are tons of meals that can be made in only 30 min or less.

Daisy

I have a complicated relationship with Mondays
kiwifarms.net
Another excuse I still see is the myth that all health food is expensive. Of course if you buy everything organic it's going to be expensive; But health food isn't that crazy expensive. Chicken, potatoes, rice, tomatoes, eggs, bananas, oranges, pasta etc none of this is so insanely more expensive than a meal in a fast food chain like KFC. And there are tons of meals that can be made in only 30 min or less.

I've been able to buy the fixings for a full meal for less than $10, and make enough to have leftovers the next day. And for people who gripe about the short shelf life of fresh produce? Frozen veggies. Those are usually cheap and keep forever if you store them well.

Panda788

kiwifarms.net
I've been able to buy the fixings for a full meal for less than $10, and make enough to have leftovers the next day. And for people who gripe about the short shelf life of fresh produce? Frozen veggies. Those are usually cheap and keep forever if you store them well.
And they're as healthy as fresh veggies. Actually freezing them keep all the vitamins until the time for you to cook them. Chicken and most type of fish are cheap and fast to grill/fry, there is no secret to it they're all easy meals too.

LazarusOwenhart

Terrainist Shitlord!
kiwifarms.net
Or, if you like those things and are not what my dear mother would refer to as "a dumb fucking orphan" you could just cook your own food and add whatever the fuck you wanted
See I don't think it's about that per se. Fast food has an addictive, drug like quality about it for these people. The flavors are so artificially enhanced that it's impossible for them to reconcile 'normal' food with being tasty. You ever bite into a McDonalds burger after a month or so of not having one? It's an explosion of super strong flavors very carefully formulated to satisfy every different flavour group. The pattie is slightly salty, the relish is sweet, the pickle is a little tangy and sour, there's a generic savory overtone to the entire thing. The texture is carefully engineered so that it has a little bite but nothing you actually have to make any effort to chew. That's damn near impossible to replicate at home because at home you don't have access to an advanced food sciences lab. Now for those of us not deep in denial, a homemade burger is amazing, but for different reasons. We know we're not going to get the huge hit of addictive, artificial flavorings but what we are going to get is a juicy, mid rare masterpiece. Fast food addicts don't get a 'fix' from it, and are so conditioned to fast food that the subtler flavors of home cooked don't give them the same buzz. For those of us with functioning taste buds steamed vegetables maybe with just a tiny bit of salt and pepper taste pretty good, especially when coupled with a piece of grilled pork or chicken properly seasoned. That's a healthy meal. The thing is, it's not an explosive flavour combo and even tender grilled meat requires a little effort to chew. for all these reasons and more fat fuckers will never be able to quantify home cooked food as anything other than tough, bland mush.

Wallace

Cram it in me, baby!
kiwifarms.net
The entire thin privilege philosophy is constructed around the idea that weight is somehow innate; any sort of sustained weight loss is impossible and health is a social construct. This idea is what allows the idea of privilege to work, because it makes being fat not their fault, and the unhappiness the suffer for it is therefore an injustice. If it were possible to lose weight, the whole system would collapse on itself, therefore it is necessary to reject it as loudly and as often as possible.

LazarusOwenhart

Terrainist Shitlord!
kiwifarms.net
The entire thin privilege philosophy is constructed around the idea that weight is somehow innate; any sort of sustained weight loss is impossible and health is a social construct. This idea is what allows the idea of privilege to work, because it makes being fat not their fault, and the unhappiness the suffer for it is therefore an injustice. If it were possible to lose weight, the whole system would collapse on itself, therefore it is necessary to reject it as loudly and as often as possible.
See I agree with you to a point but I don't think the motivation is that complex. Like every other recent fashionably oppressed group they're latching on to the idea that the unfortunate people who do have severe thyroid problems or one of the other group of health conditions that cause weight gain are getting a free pass and they think they deserve one too. They're part of the larger group encompassing most of the people we point and laugh at on this website for who the act of criticism is a huge social ill. Basically they're lazy fuckers and if they call all those people who said "Lose weight or you'll die at 25" fascist oppressors then they can shove their fingers in their ears and pretend they can't hear the footsteps of early death.

Ted_Breakfast

What'll it be, boys?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Being fat sucks. Huffing up stairs sucks. Getting sciatica at 40 sucks. Anyone that tells you otherwise is an obvious liar.

Most people recognize that fat people have feelings and don't go out of their way to hurt them, and the same people that do hurt fat people are typically assholes that wind up hurting everyone else too. There really isn't a problem to fix here.

White bubblegum

Blow me
kiwifarms.net
What concerns me the most is how this affects children.
You ever been at a school where half the kids are obese? It's scary. I don't know how many of them are too depressed to make an effort to lose weight while acknowledging that being obese sucks and how many are stuck in this thin privilege mentality, but I fear the world in the next 20 years will be a giant grease pit.

These arrogant chicks aren't helping anything.

Tanti-Fanti

kiwifarms.net
You ever been at a school where half the kids are obese? It's scary. I don't know how many of them are too depressed to make an effort to lose weight while acknowledging that being obese sucks and how many are stuck in this thin privilege mentality, but I fear the world in the next 20 years will be a giant grease pit.

That bothers me too. I remember when I worked in a grocery store and these obese parents would always come in with the fattest children. They'd buy a bunch of HFC crap that clearly was just bad for you. It really bothers me with these TITP people because they actively encourage others to follow in their shitty lifestyle. To take no responsibility because NOW they feel good with all the crap they eat. Not how in the FUTURE it will cause you immense pain to be dying of diabetes.

Now there are going to be children who grow up never knowing what it feels like to be healthy because they've been fat all their lives. And I completely blame the parents for it. As a child you basically eat what your told to eat. So these kids are getting fucked over for it.

Ginger Piglet

Burglar of Jess Phillips MP
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Not personally, but if you go to any area of London near a school the amount of greggnant teenagers that emerge is beyond belief.