Titpee / This is Thin Privilege - Morbidly Obese HAES Tumblrinas

One Man Bland

kiwifarms.net
What concerns me the most is how this affects children.
You ever been at a school where half the kids are obese? It's scary. I don't know how many of them are too depressed to make an effort to lose weight while acknowledging that being obese sucks and how many are stuck in this thin privilege mentality, but I fear the world in the next 20 years will be a giant grease pit.

These arrogant chicks aren't helping anything.
In the next 20 years we’ll probably see a huge drop in population where a lot of people die young in their late 30s and early 40s. Except of it instead of being a plague like it would’ve been in the Middle Ages it’ll be from self-inflicted dietary habits.

Daisy

I have a complicated relationship with Mondays
kiwifarms.net

Tanti-Fanti

kiwifarms.net
In which a baby is subjected to Thin Privilege even though nobody said a damn thing about small, pretty babies.

What almost came across as a halfway sensible argument (babies do need nutrients and water, especially if they're sick) derailed into All About My Issues. Since I'm assuming the storyteller is also fat and is projecting her angst onto a fucking infant.

This is so fucking dumb. First. I can actually agree with TiTP on one thing. Dieting a baby unless they have some sort of health issue is stupid. There are people who will diet a baby because to them they look too fat. Depsite the fact that babies have that fat as a form of protection and growth. It's why diets for babies and toddlers under 2 years old are not recommended. It can totally fuck up their weight.

However, this person is also being dumb. Of course a baby is getting better treatment. They are the most vulnerable humans that exist. Even more than an adult who should be able to take care of themselves and not overeat.

I also just noticed that the baby is fat and has breathing issues. And somehow this went over their head?

Candidae

kiwifarms.net
It is an issue that people think fat babies are a bad thing, they apply fat distribution of adults to them, but if a kid is in the 99th percentile and having breathing issues they need to get checked out cause something is wrong. A fat baby isn't always a good thing when it goes to an extreme . Honestly I think all parties are wrong here (including potentially the parents if they aren't getting their child checked out).
Also that ending pissed me off, I'm pretty sure thin babies don't get extra privilege seeing as they were potentially starved to get to that point (not that all babies are fat, but they typically aren't "thin"). But oh yeah, thin is never caused by eating less food, silly me

Daisy

kiwifarms.net
This is so fucking dumb. First. I can actually agree with TiTP on one thing. Dieting a baby unless they have some sort of health issue is stupid. There are people who will diet a baby because to them they look too fat. Depsite the fact that babies have that fat as a form of protection and growth. It's why diets for babies and toddlers under 2 years old are not recommended. It can totally fuck up their weight.

However, this person is also being dumb. Of course a baby is getting better treatment. They are the most vulnerable humans that exist. Even more than an adult who should be able to take care of themselves and not overeat.

I also just noticed that the baby is fat and has breathing issues. And somehow this went over their head?

The post inspired a bunch of reblogs and the ones about how stupid it is to put a baby on a diet were the only ones that didn't read like pity parties and projecting their own issues onto a kid.

And yeah, I wondered about that, too. Breathing issues aren't always linked to weight (the asthmatic kids I knew at school were also among the skinniest) but they still can be, and maybe the daycare should be looking into that?

Daisy

kiwifarms.net
Got another gem I kept meaning to post about! Fatty cries bullying and oppression when waitstaff fucks up her order and her less-fat-but-still-fat friends don't burn the restaurant down in her defense.

I highly doubt the staff are stupid enough to risk losing out on a tip and possibly getting fired for the sake of making fun of some land whale and fucking up her order on purpose. As for the management, it's possible they could fear a lawsuit if some fatty eats their food and has a heart attack? But I think most restaurants are more concerned that no one gets hepatitis or e. coli or chokes to death than fatties making bad choices.

I'm fat, and I have never had a restaurant do any of the things to me outlined in that post. I've seen fat people order calorie-laden meals in restaurants and the staff never gave them any shit for it. Once again, Titpee is nothing but insecure fatties making up stories based on their own paranoia.

Daisy

kiwifarms.net
If you're calling yourself a "death fat", how do you not take that as a cue to change?
Because clearly it's better to die fat and happy than lose weight and be miserable! Who cares if your last few years are spent struggling to breathe and being unable to move after both your feet are amputated due to the diabetus!

Candidae

kiwifarms.net
That whole post was a riot but the main thing I took away from it is all her friends were on average a size 22 yet apparently she was singled out the entire time. Either she's so fat she made her friends look small by comparison or in her need to be the lone victim so badly she accidentally showed that this was all probably innocent mistakes seeing as none of her other friends experienced such """discrimination"""
Side note, I thought a booth would be best for these people. They're quite wide to support their overflowing bodies and probably more comfortable. It's honestly really difficult for me to imagine someone being too fat for a booth, even knowing this girl admits to being 300 pounds. I just can't fathom it

Vorhtbame

The prettiest zombie-slayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

The way it actually happened:

The restaurant was busy as hell. The waitress was new, and harried and overworked, and was trying desperately to get to the end of the lunch rush. The more mistakes she made, the more the Deathstar Fat acted personally offended by said mistakes--and her friends grew increasingly embarrassed by her snotty behavior. The waitress ended up in the bathroom, crying.

The manager took over the table because it sure sounded like Deathstar Fat was a raging bitch, and that's where the story ends because Deathstar Fat, like others who tell these stories, is a coward when faced with anyone they can't push around.

Daisy

kiwifarms.net
The way it actually happened:

The restaurant was busy as hell. The waitress was new, and harried and overworked, and was trying desperately to get to the end of the lunch rush. The more mistakes she made, the more the Deathstar Fat acted personally offended by said mistakes--and her friends grew increasingly embarrassed by her snotty behavior. The waitress ended up in the bathroom, crying.

The manager took over the table because it sure sounded like Deathstar Fat was a raging bitch, and that's where the story ends because Deathstar Fat, like others who tell these stories, is a coward when faced with anyone they can't push around.
Someday I hope we see a blog of stories told by the people these land whales have smeared, slandered, and attacked. Especially working-class customer service folks, because they have enough on their plate without oversensitive fatties shrieking at them.