Titpee / This is Thin Privilege - Morbidly Obese HAES Tumblrinas

Candidae

kiwifarms.net
300lbs is not an ideal weight unless you're like, seven feet tall and half of it is muscle.
Even if it isn't causing extreme clogged arteries or crushing your organs I would assume that 300 pounds on your bones would still be pretty damaging.
Also, found this gem on tumblr:
baa4f193-0174-4c8f-a244-5f2c214d92f4.jpg

Daisy

I have a complicated relationship with Mondays
kiwifarms.net
Even if it isn't causing extreme clogged arteries or crushing your organs I would assume that 300 pounds on your bones would still be pretty damaging.
Also, found this gem on tumblr:View attachment 630524
What do we do when it's a post about eating or food? Cause there's a lot of those.

Lunete

I'm not watching you...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Got another gem I kept meaning to post about! Fatty cries bullying and oppression when waitstaff fucks up her order and her less-fat-but-still-fat friends don't burn the restaurant down in her defense.

I highly doubt the staff are stupid enough to risk losing out on a tip and possibly getting fired for the sake of making fun of some land whale and fucking up her order on purpose. As for the management, it's possible they could fear a lawsuit if some fatty eats their food and has a heart attack? But I think most restaurants are more concerned that no one gets hepatitis or e. coli or chokes to death than fatties making bad choices.

I'm fat, and I have never had a restaurant do any of the things to me outlined in that post. I've seen fat people order calorie-laden meals in restaurants and the staff never gave them any shit for it. Once again, Titpee is nothing but insecure fatties making up stories based on their own paranoia.

It sounds like an honest mixup. That happens all the time in resturarest espicespec when they're busy.
And it wouldn't kill you to eat a vegetable.

Maintaining a healthy weight is an important part of of being healthy. It's your doctor's job to tell you that being obese is unhealthy. It's your doctor's job to tell you to eat a healthy diet and maintain a healthy weight. Either lose weight now, or stop going to the doctor and die in your 40's. Your choice.

One Man Bland

kiwifarms.net
I'm trying to imagine being an inch taller and being 300 lbs.

I don't think I'd be able to function, holy shit.
For the sake of reference: the average weight that would be within the normal BMI range for someone that height is roughly 125 pounds.

So for someone to be 300 lbs at the same height, we’re talking someone who’s literally the size of two people.

AnOminous

とても可愛い
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
imagine more than half your body mass being nothing but fat
imagine having to carry the weight of an entire additional person on your gut, every hour of the day, wherever you go
scary shit yo

Or in this case an additional 1.4 people. This is like if you had to carry around some entire other dude, and his kid too, every time you got up.

BIG DADDY

kiwifarms.net
Even when the fat chick’s trying to make herself look good in the restaurant story she still sounds like she’s the one in the wrong. I wouldn’t be surprised if the waitress didn’t actually mess with her food order after getting completely bitched out at asking the same question she asks every single group of people who come in. I guess when you’re that fat and go a couple hours without eating you get hangry enough to see everything as a microaggression.

Crunchy Leaf

cronch
kiwifarms.net
Love that "the average American woman is a size 22!" is brought up so often to dispute the existence of an obesity epidemic, as if 1/3 of adults being overweight and leading shitty lifestyles suddenly means it's not a problem anymore.
Where's the evidence of this? According to the CDC, the average American woman is 63.7 inches tall and 168.5 pounds. And that's the average, not the median, so it's dragged up by 600 pounders. It's definitely overweight, but it's not a size 22. It's like a 14. Which is technically plus size, but it's also available in plenty of non plus size stores, which is why most women don't care about plus size clothing availability.

P

PT 522

kiwifarms.net
Where's the evidence of this? According to the CDC, the average American woman is 63.7 inches tall and 168.5 pounds. And that's the average, not the median, so it's dragged up by 600 pounders. It's definitely overweight, but it's not a size 22. It's like a 14. Which is technically plus size, but it's also available in plenty of non plus size stores, which is why most women don't care about plus size clothing availability.
You got me all wrong. These aren't my words, but a HAES talking point. Mostly I was referring to it here, but it comes up more often outside of titp too:
Edited to remove image over hosting concerns--it was a screenshot of this claim being made on TITP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crunchy Leaf

cronch
kiwifarms.net
You got me all wrong. These aren't my words, but a HAES talking point. Mostly I was referring to it here, but it comes up more often outside of titp too:
sad.png
No, I realized you were quoting something, but I was asking where their sources were.
Although seeing the original makes less sense. I don't get what she's saying. The average dress size of her friends is high because fat chicks have fat friends.

P

PT 522

kiwifarms.net
No, I realized you were quoting something, but I was asking where their sources were.
Although seeing the original makes less sense. I don't get what she's saying. The average dress size of her friends is high because fat chicks have fat friends.
Ah, my bad.
It really makes you think, if every fat girl makes fatter friends to make herself look skinny, at what point do we reach the sticking point? When 600lb people can't find any 800lb friends?

Last edited by a moderator:

Crunchy Leaf

cronch
kiwifarms.net
Ah, my bad.
It really makes you think, if every fat girl makes fatter friends to make herself look skinny, at what point do we reach the sticking point? When 600lb deathfats can't find any 800lb friends?
The really big ones totally give up. I think the 350 lb+ range is when people start saying 'fuck flattering' and not caring about 'hourglasses' because they know it ain't happening.

fishercat

good for health, bad for education
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Even when the fat chick’s trying to make herself look good in the restaurant story she still sounds like she’s the one in the wrong. I wouldn’t be surprised if the waitress didn’t actually mess with her food order after getting completely bitched out at asking the same question she asks every single group of people who come in. I guess when you’re that fat and go a couple hours without eating you get hangry enough to see everything as a microaggression.
Late reply but I work as a hostess and the entire time I deal with guests I am on autopilot re: what I say to them. Asking if they want a table or a booth isn't a microagression, it's the hostess being completely tuned out to what she's saying and just wanting to get them to their table.

Daisy

I have a complicated relationship with Mondays
kiwifarms.net
Late reply but I work as a hostess and the entire time I deal with guests I am on autopilot re: what I say to them. Asking if they want a table or a booth isn't a microagression, it's the hostess being completely tuned out to what she's saying and just wanting to get them to their table.
I've heard the restaurant business is pretty much like that, a lot of autopilot and programmed responses. I've seen other Titpee submissions and HAES bloggers claim servers hassle them about their choices and I'm pretty sure that's on the list of Do Not Do This If You Want A Tip.