Titpee / This is Thin Privilege - Morbidly Obese HAES Tumblrinas

BIG DADDY

kiwifarms.net
Late reply but I work as a hostess and the entire time I deal with guests I am on autopilot re: what I say to them. Asking if they want a table or a booth isn't a microagression, it's the hostess being completely tuned out to what she's saying and just wanting to get them to their table.
Well yeah that was my point, asking if you want a table or a booth is literally the restaurant standard. If she wanted to be rude she wouldn’t have asked and could have just given them a booth. Also a table could refer to either so no, the fat did not already specify what she wanted.

fishercat

good for health, bad for education
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well yeah that was my point, asking if you want a table or a booth is literally the restaurant standard. If she wanted to be rude she wouldn’t have asked and could have just given them a booth. Also a table could refer to either so no, the fat did not already specify what she wanted.
Also I don't know about other hostesses but despite it being incredibly awkward and transparent to ask an obese person if they want a table, it's so ingrained that I just blurt it out anyway. Also yeah, "table for 5" could refer to anything. I bet that if the hostess was giving scathing looks behind her back, it was because how vague and rude she was.

MetalParakeet

kiwifarms.net
I love the restaurant post because it's an amazing example of a very transparent lie.

Like others here, I've worked in restaurants and very rarely did we ever even have steamed broccoli on the menu. Replacing someone's order based on our own opinion is unheard of.

The customer pays for something, they get it. That's it. No business is going to replace some fries with some fucking veggies because they've noticed a customer is obese. They're in it for money so if anything, they're going to ask that fatass if they want to supersize or get a desert.

I also love all the complaints about doctors telling them to lose weight.
If you're so distrusting of medical science, why go to the doctor?

Apparently they know their bodies better than any medical professional so just stay the fuck home and die of the staph infection that will form between their sweaty rolls.

It's like anti vaxxers that seek medical help but then yank out their essential oils instead of the vitamin k shot. If doctors are so evil, stay home and rot

5sp9nsb7fmd21.jpg

This reminds me of this article I read a few years ago about this woman who deliberately sabotaged her boyfriend's weight loss efforts so he wouldn't leave her.
This is just depressing. Her boyfriend is doing something good for himself, of course she has to make it all about herself. Hopefully, the boyfriend won't give into HAES and continue to work on himself.

Vorhtbame

The prettiest zombie-slayer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"Any suggestions? Really suffering here."

1. Admit that your concern is that he'll get fit, attract other women who are fit, and begin to question why he spends his days with you.
2. Acknowledge that you still worry that, even though he never complains or even indicates it, he is judging you.
3. Quit whining. You're wasting energy, and you're making yourself bitter over something that hasn't even happened yet.
4. Take positive steps to eliminate your insecurity. Do not be closed to the idea of getting fit, because it is clear that you are insecure about your body and would likely be happier if you weren't in a position where you feel people are judging you.
5. Seek professional help, to include therapy.

Or you could just lie around, creating self-fulfilling prophecies and then eating your misery. Not sure why you'd want that, but everyone's different.

Salubrious

Feelin' Healthy
kiwifarms.net
Here's how we know the restaurant story is fake and not just the author projecting her insecurities to the waitress. It lies with the broccoli of course.

We all receive our meals, and of course, everyone else’s is perfect. But in place of french fries, I had a side order of steamed broccoli.

My friends munched happily along and, not wanting to be the fattie with the attitude problem, I began to eat my burger.

Ignoring as someone else has pointed out that she is supposedly with five other fat friends, but this lady gets the wrong order and not a single one of her friends mentions it or says anything? Has the author ever actually gone to a sit-down restaurant with friends? People always look when a plate is being set down either right next to them or in front of them. So none of the author's friends saw the author get broccoli for no reason? Nobody said anything?

If this story was true, then either her friends are so absorbed in their own food that they've lost track of their surroundings, or the author has been acting so poorly on this shopping trip that her friends aren't paying any attention to her anymore. Neither of which is a good look for the author or her friends.

LazarusOwenhart

Terrainist Shitlord!
kiwifarms.net
Honestly, if that hefty swimsuit lady's only sin is that she's comfortable with her body, then that's peachy. It's when she starts trying to convince people that it's healthy, or shaming strangers into accommodating her psychological vacuum, that she becomes intolerable.
In all fairness, she's big but she's not "Stuff designed for normal people like garage doors are too small for me," big. I'm all for body positivity and I know a few dudes who would be unironically attracted to her.I don't think the HAES movement is born from body positivity. It's born from extreme body negativity. HAES is a desire to shift a societal baseline to accommodate something abnormal. Most HAES followers HATE themselves, let's face it but they're also that fatal combination of entitled and lazy that means they can't ever do anything about it. They hope that by forcing social guilt on others they can somehow make themselves feel better without actually changing the things that make them feel bad. The girl in that photo, she just seems happy with who she is, she knows she's big, but she doesn't care. That picture isn't promoting a lifestyle or attempting to shame anyone. Personally, more power to her. Shes the face of fat people that the HAES movement hate most of all, self loving fat people who don't demand anything of society other than the acceptance that they are who they are.

In all fairness, she's big but she's not "Stuff designed for normal people like garage doors are too small for me," big. I'm all for body positivity and I know a few dudes who would be unironically attracted to her.I don't think the HAES movement is born from body positivity. It's born from extreme body negativity. HAES is a desire to shift a societal baseline to accommodate something abnormal. Most HAES followers HATE themselves, let's face it but they're also that fatal combination of entitled and lazy that means they can't ever do anything about it. They hope that by forcing social guilt on others they can somehow make themselves feel better without actually changing the things that make them feel bad. The girl in that photo, she just seems happy with who she is, she knows she's big, but she doesn't care. That picture isn't promoting a lifestyle or attempting to shame anyone. Personally, more power to her. Shes the face of fat people that the HAES movement hate most of all, self loving fat people who don't demand anything of society other than the acceptance that they are who they are.
Of course the people who are a part of the HAES movement hate themselves. Why else would they spend hours upon hours talking about how healthy and sexy they are.