Trapped in a hoax: survivors of conspiracy theories speak out -

Video Games

Transmisogynist
kiwifarms.net
Wait, what is the "conspiracy theory" Wu claims he survived? As far as I am aware, receiving death threats and making gamers angry is not the same as being "trapped in a hoax." Or did I miss something?

• Agree
Reactions: IAmNotAlpharius

Norvic

too gay to lift
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wait, what is the "conspiracy theory" Wu claims he survived? As far as I am aware, receiving death threats and making gamers angry is not the same as being "trapped in a hoax." Or did I miss something?
I think the "hoax" they usually suggest is the notion that Zoe Quinn sucked Nathan Greyson's dick specifically for a good review of her game. It's a deliberate misstatement of the actual contention, that Greyson wrote positive things about the game of someone who was incidentally sucking his dick, and in general that game journos tended to cover their friends' work, even when it was shit and exclude the work of outsiders even when it was great. The later is true, but the former misrepresentation is false if only because of the "review" part, 'cos nobody ever actually reviewed Quinn's game.

How any of that applies to Wu, I'm not sure.

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
If I were writing an article about "surviving conspiracy theories" I'd probably write it about families of 9/11 victims getting harassed by Truthers, not a "woman" who had to read mean things on Twitter
The "conspiracy theories" in John's case are his own fabricated conspiracies of roving gangs of Nazi gamergaters roving the landscape raping and murdering women.

John's own bizarre claims are as crazy and made up as any Pizzagate conspiracy.

Replicant Sasquatch

Do Lolcows Dream of Electric Hedgehog Pokemon?
kiwifarms.net
The "conspiracy theories" in John's case are his own fabricated conspiracies of roving gangs of Nazi gamergaters roving the landscape raping and murdering women.

John's own bizarre claims are as crazy and made up as any Pizzagate conspiracy.
Wait if this guys I went a-raping with weren't Nazis then who were they?

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino