Triplets: Sequel to 1988 film 'Twins' - Schwarzenegger and DeVito to return.

NotJewishWario

kiwifarms.net
A sequel to the Twins ( 1988 ) titled Triplets is in the works at Universal. Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito will return as Julian and Vincent. Tracy Morgan will join them as the third sibling. Ivan Reitman is also returning to the directors chair for the sequel.

Source (Archive)

1631652004928.png

Admiral Mantoid

The Frankenstein Radio Communist Gangster Computer
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is a movie that should've been made 30 years ago when Twins was still fresh and the premise would've still been solid and taken its jokes to their full potential, but not today (although chances are it would've been a flop back then too like Airplane 2!). In the end it just looks like another sign of Hollywood's declining quality and desperation for new ideas and originality, just being another unnecessary sequel that came out too late and won't live up to the original. Like the atrocity that was Dumb & Dumber 2, or any of the other rancid sequels to old films that didn't need to exist.

Might as well make Revenge of the Nerds 5 while they're at it and usher in the death knell for the movie industry.

Dysnomia

Dango whore
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, but this really is rummaging around at the bottom of the barrel of unoriginality.
'Look Who's Talking 4' when Mr Travolta?

I'll admit I liked the one with the dogs. But it didn't need to be made. Neither does Triplets. Oh well. At least one of them isn't a woman.

mr.moon1488

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The plot of this reads like a joke a boomer Nazi would tell.

So a Nigger, a Jew, and an Austrian walk into a bar.
Only the master race leaves, since one was looting the tip jar, while the other was raping a drunk chick outback.

Dom Cruise

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I miss when Ivan Reitman was involved with movies like Animal House, Stripes, Heavy Metal and Ghostbusters, starting with Twins I think he veered into more mainstream comedy and things got pretty eh as a result.

BrunoMattei

No I am not the Cinema Snob
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is a movie that should've been made 30 years ago when Twins was still fresh and the premise would've still been solid and taken its jokes to their full potential, but not today (although chances are it would've been a flop back then too like Airplane 2!). In the end it just looks like another sign of Hollywood's declining quality and desperation for new ideas and originality, just being another unnecessary sequel that came out too late and won't live up to the original. Like the atrocity that was Dumb & Dumber 2, or any of the other rancid sequels to old films that didn't need to exist.

Might as well make Revenge of the Nerds 5 while they're at it and usher in the death knell for the movie industry.
This. It's funny that a Twins sequel has been talked about for decades. I think I first heard about rumblings of a sequel back around 2008 or something? It was supposed to have Eddie Murphy as the 3rd twin.