Trovo Live / Tencent's Twitch competitor - The gunt's temporary safe haven.

MeltyTW

kiwifarms.net
Just seeing if it was just me that read it that way. I find it adorable that he thinks an offshoot of Tencent is going to play ball the way DLive did. It'll be hilarious when he gets thrown out unceremoniously on his ass trying to do the same shit there that he pulled at DLive and Stream.me.
i hope they make the gunt a hero in arena of valor without compensating him too. yeah i think he didnt do any research just like his show and just saw a chinese site with small (but still larger than ralph's") viewership and thought oh dlive 2.

2021Murder

SEVP of Outreach for Trovo.live
kiwifarms.net
Heres a dumb question; would trovo be able to see if someone bots? I mean Ralph is clearly betting to 1k+ and since they do have a partner program being able to bot even a few hundred will be super profitable in the long run. I personally would think thar is the first thing they would check/make sure people cant do.

AltisticRight

Free 🌽 202 E 37th St VA, Richmond, 901-922-9912
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
@AltisticRight, mind you, Ralph's audience think the same as Pompeo and most likely support the HK rioters. You don't need to yell insults at China. Ralph's audience who think that China is responsible for Murica botching up their response to the plague, instead of well Murica, will do it on their own volition.

The censorship I encounter on the Chinese web is self censorship on the platform say Zhihu or Chinese Quora. I can't even criticise my own country (not from China), call self hating Uncle Chongs Bananas or 香蕉人 or call Indians 阿三. It is obvious that Zhihu not the state that is doing the censoring.

People think posting that silly banned words list will send the internet police knocking on the door or make the wumao lose his internet access. It doesn't work that way. It is more around the lines of having no results show when trying to search for terms on the ban list. Searching for the MMA fighter turned dissident 徐晓冬 on Bilibili for instance will yield no results. When you can't search for these terms, the less likely you will talk about them.

As for thinking that calling Xi Winnie the Pooh would offend the sensibilities of the Chinese state, I'd think that is a lie that the West convinced themselves to be true. Terms like Winnie the Pooh or indeed the Xinjiang Autonomous Region are not on the ban list.
I don't post at all on Zhihu, but that does ring a bell. I very very rarely see "racist language" on there. That site was where I fished the dox and info relating to the Wuhan P5 lab from, including the director who is married (third wife) to the principle of Wuhan university over twice her age, and did her fucking thesis under his supervision (well done China).

On other platforms, it's completely different. China's 4chan equivalent, even the more mainstream Baidu image board is filled with extremism and racism of all kinds, inclusive of self-hatred. I think Zhihu is some kind of an outlier, they want to present themselves as a bastion of intellectualism (pronounced autism) and thought (pronounced autism), so the use of terms such as 棒子黑鬼鬼子白皮豬 etc is forbidden. Certainly not fun but quite informative.

I disavow anyone calling Ethan Ralph a "白皮胖尼哥" in chat.

The beardson beardly faggot is streaming only on Trovo now, and all of the AF money bringers, Ethan and Warski are moving to Trovo now:
https://twitter.com/CoolHeteroGamer/status/1350203215036510211 (ARCHIVE)
View attachment 1850010

dlive is so fucked
Oh no, Pissful Sunset LLC is bringing their giant baggage of dogshit to Chingchong live. Xi should just nuke the HQ of tencent before the gunt consumes China's biggest tech corp.

L. Duse

kiwifarms.net
I don't post at all on Zhihu, but that does ring a bell. I very very rarely see "racist language" on there.
Yes, they deleted many of them and hand out penalties though I see 阿三 occasionally.
I disavow anyone calling Ethan Ralph a "白皮胖尼哥" in chat.
I remember a crazy caller calling one of Ralph's guests 你哥 or "your elder brother". It is way closer to nigger than "that one" or 那一个 / 那个. Southerners don't truncate 那一个 to nigger, they pronounce all three characters as Nar Yee Ger or they use 那个 Nar Ger which doesn't really sound like nigger.

尼哥 which could mean brother from Nigeria is favoured by mainlanders. But your elder brother 你哥 is what I prefer ever since I heard that on Ralph's show. You are more likely to use 你哥 in everyday conversation especially as a Chinese Southerner.

Ethan Ralph, I am calling you elder brother!
我叫你哥! He should be flattered.

Last edited:

PhoBingas

There are Bosnians outside of my house.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Heres a dumb question; would trovo be able to see if someone bots? I mean Ralph is clearly betting to 1k+ and since they do have a partner program being able to bot even a few hundred will be super profitable in the long run. I personally would think thar is the first thing they would check/make sure people cant do.
It says in their TOS that they have some way to tell if watch-hours are "organic" or not.

Viewbotting

For the Trovo 500 program, payments and evaluations are always calculated based on clean hours (after our internal risk control system eliminates suspicious viewership) instead of on the creator studio analytics (the pre-risk control). If someone reaches a certain percentage of suspicious viewership, we will disqualify them from the next month's Trovo 500 eligibility. Should someone repeatedly try to manipulate our system with viewbots in hope of getting accepted into the Trovo 500 program, we reserve the right to permanently suspend their account.

So if he gets caught botting, buh-bye all his SocialManaPoints, possibly buh-bye his whole channel.

TadGhostal22

kiwifarms.net
If you think saying "china bad" in convoluted way on an American website owned by a Chinese company is going to get him banned you're retarded.
I think if people do it incessantly can cause fatigue in the relationship yes. If you think that the people who peruse internet famous don't do it you are naive. He is no good to me working at Uber eats and the fucking Piggly Wiggly or whatever retarded supermarket exists in Richmond.

They are going to take Dlive's payment processing. Then this site is next. Then the next, and the next. Why accelerate the end of this retarded portion of the internet?

Null

Ooperator
kiwifarms.net
I think if people do it incessantly can cause fatigue in the relationship yes.
Then you're retarded.

This site is not ran by fucking Chinese people. They prop up the company, invest in it, and hire a board of directors who manage the company for them. Their objectives are to simply disrupt extant American markets by astroturfing their own companies, and it's not even a bad thing. When Epic Games challenged Steam, it provoked Steam to making actual changes to their company that benefited consumers for the first time in over a decade. They released new hardware and Half-Life 3 as a result.

The fact Americans unironically believe that spamming some fucking copypasta in a chat room on some channel literally no one cares about is going to cause a government official to come down on Tencent shows exactly how misinformed Americans are on the Chinese. They do not care. They would care if the board of directors promoted such content, and Tencent would likely quietly snuff them out and replace them.

TadGhostal22

kiwifarms.net
Then you're retarded.

This site is not ran by fucking Chinese people. They prop up the company, invest in it, and hire a board of directors who manage the company for them. Their objectives are to simply disrupt extant American markets by astroturfing their own companies, and it's not even a bad thing. When Epic Games challenged Steam, it provoked Steam to making actual changes to their company that benefited consumers for the first time in over a decade. They released new hardware and Half-Life 3 as a result.

The fact Americans unironically believe that spamming some fucking copypasta in a chat room on some channel literally no one cares about is going to cause a government official to come down on Tencent shows exactly how misinformed Americans are on the Chinese. They do not care. They would care if the board of directors promoted such content, and Tencent would likely quietly snuff them out and replace them.
I'm not talking about some CCP boogeyman. I'm talking about a low level mod getting sick of the gunts shit getting turfed by spergs. It's not a grand fucking conspiracy. I just want the guy to eat, and do stupid shit with internet people do I do not have to make friends at work, instead of reading the escapades of Ethan Ralph.

LurkTrawl

If being good was easy the world would be paradise
kiwifarms.net
@TadGhostal22 Where has anybody in this thread said they're trying to get him banned? If people did start posting stuff like that in his chat, even if the staff did give a shit, the most they'd do is tell him to moderate his chat. I'm pretty sure the people who've posted in this thread understand that, and if they were to do it would be doing it to give him extra work/annoy him.

TadGhostal22

kiwifarms.net
@TadGhostal22 Where has anybody in this thread said they're trying to get him banned? If people did start posting stuff like that in his chat, even if the staff did give a shit, the most they'd do is tell him to moderate his chat. I'm pretty sure the people who've posted in this thread understand that, and if they were to do it would be doing it to give him extra work/annoy him.

You must have your head so far in the sand if you don't think that people on this board try to fuck with him incessantly. Can you honestly tell me that you believe that nobody on this farm uses this information to actively fuck with people daily? It's like voter fraud. It's too easily exploitable to not be true at some level. Do whatever you want, just keep your eyes open to what people do with the information here. I don't, personally and for my amusement, want him to be kicked off another platform. I want him to barely squeak a living wage out of this. Because I can read about what he does while I poop on the toilet. It is a complete and utter waste of time being a streamer in your 30s for 40k a year tops. So let the monkey have his cage.

LurkTrawl

If being good was easy the world would be paradise
kiwifarms.net
You must have your head so far in the sand if you don't think that people on this board try to fuck with him incessantly.
So, no, you can't point to anybody saying that they're trying to get him banned.
I don't, personally and for my amusement, want him to be kicked off another platform.
The vast majority of people who use this site share the same sentiment about cows they watch. It's sort of the whole point of the site and why not fucking with people is a major rule/part of the site culture, if a cow goes underground/gets banned/etc you no longer have your entertainment. You're tilting at windmills.

Lore Master

kiwifarms.net
It says in their TOS that they have some way to tell if watch-hours are "organic" or not.

So if he gets caught botting, buh-bye all his SocialManaPoints, possibly buh-bye his whole channel.

I know that Twitch has a way of this as well. Usually it has something to do with if the stream is paused or muted that effects watch hours. I think that bots simply just log into the chat, Bots don't have the actual stream running. So that may be a way that they detect bots. Sure that there are other ways, some algorithm that verifies account based on who they are following and what follows are in common with already detected bots?