• Laugh, and the world laughs with you; weep, and you weep alone.

Culture Turns out The Rock really doesn't like the 'snowflake generation'

Discussion in 'Articles & Happenings' started by CatParty, Jan 11, 2019.

Forum Guidelines
  • Don't post if you have nothing to say. If anyone could write your post, it doesn't need to be made. One-word replies are automatic 1-month bans from this board.
  • Hide your powerlevel. Avoid revealing intimate, personal details about yourself in public boards. These threads are not your personal blog and we are not an asylum.
  • Create accurate topic titles. Threads should be labeled correctly and avoid sensationalist language.
  • Cite an article. This board is for content aggregation and should feature at least one source.

@Lipitor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. https://mashable.com/article/the-rock-snowflake-culture-interview/#Ex.PFuA1LkqI

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson really doesn't like the "snowflake generation."
    That much is clear from an interview the actor — who's one of the highest-paid in world — did with British tabloid The Daily Star.

The Rock said that the snowflakes are taking society in a direction that doesn't align with the ideals of freedom that people have fought for in the past decades with their PC sentiments.
    "So many good people fought for freedom and equality, but this generation are looking for a reason to be offended," the 46-year-old told The Daily Star. "If you are not agreeing with them then they are offended, and that is not what so many great men and women fought for."
    While The Rock does think that the world has made a lot of progress in the past decades, he also thinks that the people of "generation snowflake" are standing in the way of positive change.
    "We thankfully now live in a world that has progressed over the last 30 or 40 years," The Rock said. "People can be who they want, be with who they want, and live how they want. That can only be a good thing, but generation snowflake, or whatever you want to call them, are actually putting us backwards."
    The Rock didn't elaborate on how the snowflake generation are "putting us backwards," but went on to make the argument that it all comes down to freedom of speech.
    "I don’t have to agree with what somebody thinks, who they vote for, what they voted for, what they think, but I will back their right to say or believe it," The Rock said. "That’s democracy."
    I guess what he's trying to say is that he's just really tired of our "candy asses."

• Winner  x 101
    • Semper Fidelis  x 17
    • Like  x 5
    • Feels  x 3
    • Informative  x 2
    • DRINK  x 2
    • Agree  x 1
    CatParty

CatParty Boo
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  2. Rock chad vs virgin snowflakes.

• Agree Agree x 49
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Jerry_ smith56

Jerry_ smith56 The man in black

kiwifarms.is
  3. Snowflakes can't criticize him either, because he's a double-POC.

• Optimistic  x 36
    • Winner  x 12
    • Agree  x 7
    • Like  x 2
    • Feels  x 2
    • Semper Fidelis  x 1
    • Informative  x 1
    registereduser

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  4. The Rock should lay the smackdown on those jabroni snowflakes

• Winner  x 16
    • Like  x 8
    • Agree  x 5
    •  x 1
    • DRINK  x 1
    Cilleystring

Cilleystring Boys will be boys

kiwifarms.is
  5. The Rock and Kevin Hart are buddies, yeah? I bet Dwayne is pissed after Hart got dragged through the mud with the Oscars "controversy". Good on him. The Rock always seemed pretty cool.

• Agree Agree x 37
    • Like Like x 5
    kiwifarms.is
  6. And with that, he just lost his chance of getting the Democratic nomination - which is a shame since a Rock/Admiral McRaven ticket would probably a) win, and b) rout the #Resistance insurgency in the Dems that's letting Trump coast to within striking distance of 2020 anyway.

• Feels Feels x 17
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    Rikka Takarada

Rikka Takarada You only like me for my thighs

kiwifarms.is
  7. He makes some really bad movies, some ok ones and I never did get into WWE but any thing I ever read about him as a person makes me have nothing but the utmost respect.

He seems to truly care he makes people happy and dedicates insane effort in his life to do so but always said his child is still first. Good on him for also seeing being weak isn't a good trait.

I'd like to lift with him, and you know he's the kinda guy who wouldn't laugh at a 2lb dumb bell curl but pat you on the back you hit the gym.

• Agree Agree x 40
    • Feels Feels x 11
    • Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 1
    Bassomatic

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  8. They cant do shit against him, his movies make alooot of money just because of him.

• Agree Agree x 13
    kiwifarms.is
  9. The Rock says know your damn role.

• Like  x 19
    • Winner  x 5
    • Agree  x 3
    • Semper Fidelis  x 2
    • DRINK  x 1
    Outer Party Member

Outer Party Member 6079 Smith W

kiwifarms.is
  10. lol the rock is triggered get rockt cishetscum

• Winner Winner x 11
    metroid_fetish

metroid_fetish Your fetish is vanilla.

kiwifarms.is
  11. They follow the Kanye principle. The Rock loses his minority status and becomes a white oppressor when he disagrees with wealthy white college kids' ideas about how to be a minority correctly.

• Agree  x 36
    • Winner  x 11
    • Feels  x 5
    • Like  x 2
    • DRINK  x 2
    • Informative  x 1
    Alec Benson Leary

Alec Benson Leary Creator of Asperchu
    Christorical Figure

kiwifarms.is
  12. He's literally the best paid actor on the planet and incredibly muscular and attractive so I think he has the power not to give a fuck about what people think of his opinions.

• Agree Agree x 36
    • Like Like x 5
    kiwifarms.is
  13. WTF, I love the rock now.

Guess I'll have to let shit like "The Tooth Fairy" slide.

• Feels  x 20
    • Agree  x 5
    • Like  x 2
    • Disagree  x 1
    • Winner  x 1
    •  x 1
    • DRINK  x 1
    Sword Fighter Super

Sword Fighter Super I hope the princess made lotsah spaghetti!
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  14. Even more of a reason to love him.

• Agree Agree x 19
    • Like Like x 2
    • Feels Feels x 2
    MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster Back in the Stone Age.
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  15. I would love for him to say all that, but do so like he's cutting a promo for the WWE.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. The Rock just went zero to hero for me.

• Like Like x 5
    • Feels Feels x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    #16 Guts Gets Some, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    Guts Gets Some

Guts Gets Some "Sword=cock" -Susumu Hirasawa

kiwifarms.is
  17. not to mention he is totally self made and worked hard for all his success

• Agree Agree x 18
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    CatParty

CatParty Boo
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.is
  18. Fuck yeah he does. Good for The Rock!

• Feels Feels x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    kiwifarms.is
  19. "The Rock's recent 'snowflake' comments play into right wing reactionary conspiracy theories"

• 🤔 Thunkful x 4
    • Feels Feels x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
    Cool kitties club

Cool kitties club A brainwashing facility for an advanced nation

kiwifarms.is
  20. From what I hear from a lot of people who met and work with him, no one has anything negative to say about him. He truly is one of the nicest guys in Hollywood.

• Agree Agree x 23
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    HiddenFist

HiddenFist The Best Fist

kiwifarms.is
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.