https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/YMMV/Joker2019

audiences.png

content.png

jokeraesop.png

ripoff.png

jokerisbad.png

jokerss.png

peopledidntlikeit.png

They're doing everything to make the movie look bad, right? While it's currently smashing the box office and audiences are adoring it, TVTropes finds new ways to shit on it. "The film had a polarizing reaction amidst audiences because there's no jokes and the characters are mean-spirited jerks" "it's a violent movie pandering to dangerous white men" "It's a bad movie because it rips off anime and the King of Comedy"...

Man, the way they lie, it sounds like they're describing actual pretentious shit that made buttloads of money like Batman v Superman.

It's like they feel it is their duty to boycott this movie because only by banning people from seeing it will they save all the POC and LGBTQARBCVSY of the world.

LightDragonman1

kiwifarms.net
Yet more fun from TV Tropes trying to be lawyers and siding with accusers:

"Here is Vic's deposition, page 131 he admits to hiring a prostitute 7 or 8 years ago, before he was engaged to his ex-fiancé but while they were still dating (they started around 2008). Same page he admits to making a lot of mistakes in regards to his Christian faith in relation to adultery. Page 124 of same document he admits to having cheated on his fiancé multiple times. 125 he talks about two twins he knew since they were underage and how he tried to get them to have sex with him when they were 21, again at the same time as he was engaged.

I led with Vic's deposition because it would be hard for people to argue that it's untrue when it's Vic himself admitting to things that paint him in a poor light. If you're interested in his ex-fiancé's affidavit here it is. It also includes a email chain between her and Vic where she lays out a lot of accusations of him cheating on her and he doesn't dispute them. And if you're interested in other affidavit's here is all the one's from Monica and Ron's TCPA notices, and here is funimation's (although they are more about the circumstances of Vic's employment and termination). All of them were sworn under oath so if they're lying they can be charged with perjury which carries some punishments (for example you can be jailed for up to 10 years for perjury in Texas in the right circumstances, as well as 5-figure fines). I find that lends credence to their claims."

"Attorney here, just to chime in on this:

Suing was a stupid move. Inconceivably stupid. The nature of the allegations means that unless discovery yielded a smoking gun, the chances of proving it false, as well as that the defendants said it knowing its falsity was almost nil. Not only that, but proving they caused most of the damages when these rumors have been swirling for years? If this ever got to trial, the lawyers would've eaten Vic Mignogna alive on the stand.

I came into this knowing some rumors of Vic and thinking he was kind of a creep. I came away from it thinking he's a predatory scumbag, and the idea that so many people would ally just to destroy a past-his-prime voice actor is farcical.

I see people blaming his lawyers a lot and while his attorney was laughably incompetent, there's no way this case was ever going to get past summary judgement.

And anyone who thought this would 'destroy' Funimation? Yeah, right."

• TMI
Reactions: TheFutureMrsMoon

NerdShamer

kiwifarms.net
Should have rephrased that one: When have tropers ever been right?
The mods almost did something right by banning AdricDePsycho and Nate Spidgewood. But it doesn't count because @GethN7 had to deal with an infinite amount of tard rage from Nate.

You know, tropers can be schizophrenic when it comes to R-rated movies. They like Logan, despite what was going on with his Mexican daughter. They're divided on both of the recent It movies while whining about the marketing for them. And while they were angry over Alien: Covenant, the autism is mostly confined to the film's plot.

And even randos on Reddit are aware that the forum's a septic tank.

Jewelsmakerguy

(Cheesy 80s music intensifies)
kiwifarms.net
Yet more fun from TV Tropes trying to be lawyers and siding with accusers:

"Here is Vic's deposition, page 131 he admits to hiring a prostitute 7 or 8 years ago, before he was engaged to his ex-fiancé but while they were still dating (they started around 2008). Same page he admits to making a lot of mistakes in regards to his Christian faith in relation to adultery. Page 124 of same document he admits to having cheated on his fiancé multiple times. 125 he talks about two twins he knew since they were underage and how he tried to get them to have sex with him when they were 21, again at the same time as he was engaged.

I led with Vic's deposition because it would be hard for people to argue that it's untrue when it's Vic himself admitting to things that paint him in a poor light. If you're interested in his ex-fiancé's affidavit here it is. It also includes a email chain between her and Vic where she lays out a lot of accusations of him cheating on her and he doesn't dispute them. And if you're interested in other affidavit's here is all the one's from Monica and Ron's TCPA notices, and here is funimation's (although they are more about the circumstances of Vic's employment and termination). All of them were sworn under oath so if they're lying they can be charged with perjury which carries some punishments (for example you can be jailed for up to 10 years for perjury in Texas in the right circumstances, as well as 5-figure fines). I find that lends credence to their claims."

"Attorney here, just to chime in on this:

Suing was a stupid move. Inconceivably stupid. The nature of the allegations means that unless discovery yielded a smoking gun, the chances of proving it false, as well as that the defendants said it knowing its falsity was almost nil. Not only that, but proving they caused most of the damages when these rumors have been swirling for years? If this ever got to trial, the lawyers would've eaten Vic Mignogna alive on the stand.

I came into this knowing some rumors of Vic and thinking he was kind of a creep. I came away from it thinking he's a predatory scumbag, and the idea that so many people would ally just to destroy a past-his-prime voice actor is farcical.

I see people blaming his lawyers a lot and while his attorney was laughably incompetent, there's no way this case was ever going to get past summary judgement.

And anyone who thought this would 'destroy' Funimation? Yeah, right."
This idiot's joking right?

First off, the accusers are either woefully inept, have their own issues that pretty much negate their own accusations or are just making them up (Hell, the original "accuser" even noted that none of what she said was even true, it's just ANN being exceptional). Secondly, he's ignoring the fact that after Vic was outed, everyone that hated Funimation already for their less-than-stellar translations of some shows soon found out their hate was well-deserved as several more got outed for being sexual deviants too (and not just Funi's people either- D.C. Douglas also accused Vic and look what happened to him soon after).

If Vic was a predator (and damned if he is, damned if he isn't, I personally don't care at this point), the heart of the matter is that in the end, no one accusing Vic got off scot free in this case, even Judge Chupp proved to be hopeless when given the case and dismissed it because he clearly had no idea what was happening and didn't want any part of this. And considering Toei and Funimation's relationship with each other, once this is over with, they're likely going to part on bad terms. Whether or not Sony's going to do something about this I wouldn't know (it's Sony after all), but I simply don't get why he thinks Funimation would be let off with just a slap on the wrist when all this is over.

Troper lawyers man, not even once.

Last edited:

Wakko Warner

kiwifarms.net
More bullshit from the Joker YMMV page:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/YMMV/Joker2019

View attachment 960951
View attachment 960952
View attachment 960953
View attachment 960954
View attachment 960955
View attachment 960956

View attachment 960957

They're doing everything to make the movie look bad, right? While it's currently smashing the box office and audiences are adoring it, TVTropes finds new ways to shit on it. "The film had a polarizing reaction amidst audiences because there's no jokes and the characters are mean-spirited jerks" "it's a violent movie pandering to dangerous white men" "It's a bad movie because it rips off anime and the King of Comedy"...

Man, the way they lie, it sounds like they're describing actual pretentious shit that made buttloads of money like Batman v Superman.

It's like they feel it is their duty to boycott this movie because only by banning people from seeing it will they save all the POC and LGBTQARBCVSY of the world.
I wouldn't be surprised if this page gets locked down for people bashing on it like the Thundercats Roar one did (though it's since been unlocked). And I thought that the reason for the warnings was due to people fearing a copycat of the Aurora incident where a guy said he was the Joker!
In what was supposed to be cringe-worthy lessons in stuff that was aimed for kids, it turns out that tropers can't handle the colder facts of life...and can't hide their hateboner for shit that's geared for adults.
From that exact page:
pawpatrolsneezes.PNG

Come on! People get sick because of germs that lurk in the air, not from kids imitating a cartoon dog having allergies!
danielstomp.PNG

There's a major difference between stomping your feet a few times and a kid wailing at the top of their lungs. Now which would you prefer a kid do when they are angry?

LightDragonman1

kiwifarms.net
Tropers really have contempt for Vic's supporters:

"I honestly think both Vic’s lawyer and the running the GFM knew this case had no chance of winning but saw a opportunity to tard cum as much money from his fans as possible. That’s why his lawyer says things like “sure we lost the case but we got the truth out there so we actually won” and the other one talking about how they’ll be able to sue Sony next and win. They just keep telling Vic and his fans what they want to hear and cash those GFM and You Tube checks.

"I don't understand how anyone can think this is a win after all this."

"Denial & delusion are powerful drugs."

"Sunk cost fallacy as well, especially for those who donated money and the alternative is admitting they were conned."

Notgoodwithusernames

My wife’s boyfriend is my son
kiwifarms.net
Tropers really have contempt for Vic's supporters:

"I honestly think both Vic’s lawyer and the running the GFM knew this case had no chance of winning but saw a opportunity to tard cum as much money from his fans as possible. That’s why his lawyer says things like “sure we lost the case but we got the truth out there so we actually won” and the other one talking about how they’ll be able to sue Sony next and win. They just keep telling Vic and his fans what they want to hear and cash those GFM and You Tube checks.

"I don't understand how anyone can think this is a win after all this."

"Denial & delusion are powerful drugs."

"Sunk cost fallacy as well, especially for those who donated money and the alternative is admitting they were conned."
Wait they still think Nick is his lawyer?

LightDragonman1

kiwifarms.net
They really hate Nick and Vic's supporters at the very least:

"I mean I just had an argument today on Youtube with some guys who believe every bad thing said about Vic are all lies, that he was brought down just because he was leagues above them, & anyone who believes in such lies are in his words "cucks who will never amount to anything in life."

So yes I can believe there is still a steady supply of cattle willing to donate. Man you voice 2 high-profile characters in your entire career & frat boys will be willing to obsessively suck your dick."

"I'm pretty sure the reason he has such shitty lawyers is because any lawyer with half a brain and a smidgen of integrity realized there was no way he would win. He didn't like that answer, so he dug deeper until he found someone willing to tell him that suing a company while having no leg to stand on would totally go well for him. "

"Specifically Nick sought him out after creating the GFM (seriously that should have been the biggest warning sign), then recommended Ty because Ty handles his families' trust funds (which is a major ethical breach in itself). But the most shocking thing to me was how disinterested in his own case Vic is. He didn't show up to the court hearing and in his deposition his response to questions about it was "it's not my problem." "

"Good lord I think Vic is a sociopath, a low-functioning one at that. No normal human being should be this blatantly uncaring about the red flags of his own fucking case."

(PS: this is a lawyer's post apparently): "Really, I loathe Rekieta and Beard who give my profession a terrible name. My hope is Vic gets fewer con invites as well. Man's a safety menace."

Gotta love all the name calling and the like eh?

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino