Ty Beard thread - Bumbling Fat Wargames Nerd Lolyer High On His Own Farts

TheClappening

TwoHandsSlapping
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well, Ty can now watch old school Yamato.

The next isn't weeb wars related, but holy shit. W E L C O M E T O T H E P A R T Y indeed.

https://twitter.com/TyBeard10/status/1120939689706434560?s=20

Last edited:

Brandlebrundt

Slay bell's ringin'
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So Ty getting tagged in for Bill Webb / Frog God Games has had a side bit of info pop up: the man is a tabletop wargame designer as well as a lawyer!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Fistful_of_TOWs

Percy Tyrone "Ty" Beard designed FFT after becoming frustrated with existing modern wargames like Combined Arms by Game Designers' Workshop (GDW). He felt that most were too slow and tended to focus on minutiae rather than on the important concepts. After an eight-hour game of Combined Arms that only resolved four turns and ended in a draw when the players all had to go home, Ty decided to design his own game.

In Beard’s game design paradigm, there is a finite amount of detail that can be put into a game before it becomes unplayable. This means that game designers must ration the amount of detail and abstract anything that is not critical to the game. Meaning that, in the case of FFT, the vehicle combat system is fairly detailed, while the rules for artillery fire are abstract.

In addition, he believed that speed of play was critical in any simulation of modern warfare, so he streamlined every FFT subsystem to speed up play. As a result, turns typically take only 10 minutes or so. A two-player battle between a US battalion task force and a Soviet regiment usually takes one to three hours. And since Beard designed FFT to easily accommodate multiple players on a side, it usually takes the same amount of time to fight much larger battles.

Recoil

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So Ty getting tagged in for Bill Webb / Frog God Games has had a side bit of info pop up: the man is a tabletop wargame designer as well as a lawyer!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Fistful_of_TOWs
Fistful of TOWs actually makes a lot of sense as a wargame, it's very well designed on how it speeds up squad level combat. Ty is mensa, too IIRC. Among of top 2%, intelligence wise.
It's great watching him on stream when his inner geek comes out. Ty's an OG.

GethN7

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Well, Ty can now watch old school Yamato.

View attachment 736559

The next isn't weeb wars related, but holy shit. W E L C O M E T O T H E P A R T Y indeed.

https://twitter.com/TyBeard10/status/1120939689706434560?s=20

View attachment 736569

I'd admire how he gets straight to point like this.

No bluster, no tryhard attempts to sound cool, just a clear, simple "We'll be seeing you in court" message.

Given this is Twitter, where posting things better for a dedicated blog is the norm, that's rare but refreshing.

TheClappening

TwoHandsSlapping
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'd admire how he gets straight to point like this.

No bluster, no tryhard attempts to sound cool, just a clear, simple "We'll be seeing you in court" message.

Given this is Twitter, where posting things better for a dedicated blog is the norm, that's rare but refreshing.
I said this in another of the Weeb Wars threads, but Ty has astronomical burn-to-word ratios.

I Love Beef

OH YEAHHUH, SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM
kiwifarms.net
Ty is so fuckin' cool, ShortRound's promotional campaign just pissed off the Duck Dynasty peckerwoods, and had their hack crack lawyer tail Nick just for their trademark takedowns backfire on them.

#FuckDuckDynasty #FearTheBeard #FistOfTheNorthBeard

damian

Not *cough* Zack.
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

I gotta shill
Price up from $7 to $8
Ah, I too love the Nation of Israel.

Last edited:

In Heaven

In Heaven, everything is fine...
kiwifarms.net

Let's appreciate the Beard family cat, Hobbes

As if the Beards couldn't get more awesome...

You can do it, Hobbes! I believe in you!:heart-full:

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Let's appreciate the Beard family cat, Hobbes

Sweet rescue baby. Also nice name, a family with a good taste in comic strips. (Maybe the cat was named after Thomas Hobbes, but it's an orange cat and Hobbes was named after Thomas, too, still counts.)

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
When is Nick's stream with Kristina M. Ross? The NFL draft end today and he said his stream with her would involve the topic of football (or gridiron for non-Americans).

ProtecSpeedwagon

kiwifarms.net
When is Nick's stream with Kristina M. Ross? The NFL draft end today and he said his stream with her would involve the topic of football (or gridiron for non-Americans).

Think its at some point this week. Was supposed to be last week, but she was kinda extremely busy with the leadup to the draft.