Unpopular views about music -

Broseph

Just wanted her sweet can
kiwifarms.net
System of a Down is dumb and I can't stand listening to Chop Suey.
As much as I like SOAD I gotta admit that listening to a band that pretty much based it's entire identity on sperging out about the Armenian genocide get's really fucking old really fast, considering those guys only wrote songs about something that happened over a fucking century ago.

Last edited:

EmpireOfTheClouds

They climbed aboard their silver ghost
kiwifarms.net
I hated St Anger, but at least I could bring myself to care about how bad it was. Death Magnetic was just one giant "who gives a fuck anymore?"
I remember listening to the album the first day it came out and... I forgot what it sounded like the minute it was over.

Tootsie Bear

kiwifarms.net
I’ve always had a hard time getting into Michael Jackson. Like obviously I can appreciate his significance to the development of pop but I’ve never been a big fan of his actual tunes, and I’ve always had a bias against the tone of his voice.
Michael Jackson's music feels the same when I listen to Billy Idol, in that I imagine their songs would be much heavier but come across disappointed because how poppy they sound. Think of it like Tainted Love before Manson. It's a good pop song but when Manson covered it all I can see it being a heavy metal inspired song.

cactus

Cactus Juice Connoisseur
kiwifarms.net
As much as I like SOAD I gotta admit that listening to a band that pretty much based it's entire identity on sperging out about the Armenian genocide get's really fucking old really fast, considering those guys only wrote songs about something that happened over a fucking century ago.
Hey! They also sperged about Dubya too.

Scale Smerch

Pass the cluster rockets
kiwifarms.net

SOAD is a band you really have to separate the messaging from the music from IMO. Remove the political bias and it still holds up pretty damn well, especially their first three albums (although I admit I'm biased given they were one of my high school favourites). Probably one of the best examples of differentiating artist and art, especially for the era. Peephole for example remains firmly on whatever playlist I have.

Honestly, I find Devon's first Scars on Broadway album to hold up better than most SOAD stuff as I've gotten older

Not just that album, Serj's first solo album is also an improvement on the likes of Mezmerize/Hypnotize as it lacks the infighting and issues with Daron which plague those releases. Serj, for all his talent, has the unfortunate habit of letting his beliefs overshadow his creations and that has really rubbed off on his stuff post-Imperfect Harmonies.

A Gay Retard

Vogue says this will be the style in ten years
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Chillhop producers are people who can't make music but want to say that they do.

Boom. Bap. Boom. Bap. Anime girl. Pop and hiss. Boom. Bap. Is frequently a troon. Hiss.

Imagine creating something specifically for people to tune out as they do math homework.

Deftones

Dickriding Biden
kiwifarms.net
To be fair, one of my favourite bands, Ministry, did the same. Rio Grande Blood is pretty much "Fuck Bush" the album, though not without reason. The Feds raided Jorgensen's home sometime after Houses of the Mole for no apparent reason, so Al vented about it through Rio Grande Blood.
Fuck, man. I just started getting into Ministry. Didn't know that :/

Antarctic Hellbeast

"Roaming the ice fields of Antarctica"
kiwifarms.net
Nigger cRAP is literally the same incoherent "eek ook" *autisticly beats chest* *BLASTS BASS SO EVERYONE IN A FUCKING 5 MILE RADIUS CAN HEAR IT* monkey war chants from their cousins in africa and isnt music.

Especially not compared to the cRAP of the 90's where they at least pretended to be Human and warned of the dangers of being Niggers.

StevieLasVegas

kiwifarms.net
Fuck, man. I just started getting into Ministry. Didn't know that :/
There's still some bangers on that album, don't worry. The title track, Lieslieslies, Yellow Cake, Khyber Pass. Same goes with their most recent album AmeriKKKant. The Antifa song is fucking dreadful though and almost made me not pick the album

eDove

Coo coo
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Genre and/or sound doesn't make a song any less deep or meaningful, nor does it make a song more meaningful. A breakup song is still a breakup song whether it's metal, alternative, country, or hip-hop. Darker production doesn't make lyrics deeper by default.