Unpopular views about music -

Deftones

Dickriding Biden
kiwifarms.net
Madonna never sang a good song in her life.
With that said I remember liking her as an actress in Evita and Dick Tracey.
Her modern shit is worse. At least there was a charm to her music during the 80s/90s.

There's still some bangers on that album, don't worry. The title track, Lieslieslies, Yellow Cake, Khyber Pass. Same goes with their most recent album AmeriKKKant. The Antifa song is fucking dreadful though and almost made me not pick the album
That's good to know.

Megaroad 2012

I'M FACE FULL OF FLOOR AND LIFE SUCKS!
kiwifarms.net
beat me to it 8 years ago

also radiohead gargles cum, pretentious emo shit
I hate the ego's of the Beatles, John Lennon taking the cake. Music sucks? Yeah. Paul is better solo anyways.

Radiohead is just the worse. Whinny vocals.

While I'm salting the earth, Tool is LOL. If you need a galaxy brain to really enjoy them, maybe the music isn't good in the first place.

Also shout at Rage Against the Machine for being the walking definition of privildged liberal boiz not knowing shit. I got a story of Tom Morello making such an ass of himself at a diner I was eating out in Seattle that no one believed me for the longest time until this dude made a video about it. Zack's singing also sounds like someone puking, weakest tough guy voice I've ever heard.

Idiot Asshole

kiwifarms.net
Also shout at Rage Against the Machine for being the walking definition of privildged liberal boiz not knowing shit. I got a story of Tom Morello making such an ass of himself at a diner I was eating out in Seattle that no one believed me for the longest time until this dude made a video about it. Zack's singing also sounds like someone puking, weakest tough guy voice I've ever heard.
I've always thought that de la Rocha sounded like an angry ten year old who listened to too much Wu Tang Clang throwing a tantrum, which probably isn't too far off. Other than defending the Zapatistas, he's had a litany of lolcowish moments, but my favourite has got to be the 2000 DNC riot where they incited violence and then he claimed that the cops started everything for literally no reason. Also his father, like Morello's, was a rich and well-connected upper-class leftist. V O I C E O F T H E C O M M O N M A N

Last edited:

BrownPhillip

"I've been getting pussybeamed"
kiwifarms.net
Beyonce as a whole is overrated. She does pop music written by men, not really groundbreaking.
Beyonce is shit, rim-burning liquid shit, an all-encompassing tsunamy of shit. She's was the least talented of Destiny's Child and still went to have an amazing career because she was the most willing to choke on producer cock, throw her cohorts under the bus, rip them off and whore herself to the lowest common denominator.

She and Jay-Z are just meant for each other.

Jeff Boomhauer

Yo.
kiwifarms.net
Beyoncé’s “Girls Run The World” was overrated to me. When the music video came out, the first thing I thought was, “I wonder if she’d say this in the likes of Saudi Arabia or Iran”.
Beyonce as a whole is overrated. She does pop music written by men, not really groundbreaking.
Beyonce is weird in that she was a celebrity the media forced you to like for being a "strong, independent woman TM" before that kind of thing became commonplace. Aside from her looks, I dunno how she got such an obnoxious cult.

On another note, it's hilarious how many songs she has demanding people to bow to her as a "strong, independent woman TM" but then has a lot of cheesy love songs as well as all those music videos of her shaking her goods for dudes.

Ita Mori

⚜Party With Crooks⚜
kiwifarms.net
At least there was a charm to her music during the 80s/90s.
I guess that's one way to say "She used to be hot when she was in her 20s and could rock then-contemporary fashion".

Aside from her looks, I dunno how she got such an obnoxious cult.
She got creampied by a music producer with influence who still had rep from his days as a rapper, simple as.
If Diddy had wifed a similar whore the result would've been the same.
Hell, he basically did it first when he was making Jennifer Lopez's asscheeks clap in the early 00s.

Ontopic; Nickelback isn't as bad or any worse than anything you hear on the radio despite the internet really trying to make them the worst band in the world. At the very least they're blunt about their formulaic songwriting and goal of making money over art after their second album failed to garner much interest.
I'll listen to "This Is How You Remind Me" before anything by Lady Gaga or The Weeknd any day.

Last edited:

EmpireOfTheClouds

They climbed aboard their silver ghost
kiwifarms.net
SOAD is a band you really have to separate the messaging from the music from IMO. Remove the political bias and it still holds up pretty damn well, especially their first three albums (although I admit I'm biased given they were one of my high school favourites). Probably one of the best examples of differentiating artist and art, especially for the era. Peephole for example remains firmly on whatever playlist I have.

Not just that album, Serj's first solo album is also an improvement on the likes of Mezmerize/Hypnotize as it lacks the infighting and issues with Daron which plague those releases. Serj, for all his talent, has the unfortunate habit of letting his beliefs overshadow his creations and that has really rubbed off on his stuff post-Imperfect Harmonies.
He also let the tour he did with the symphony orchestra get to his head. the sad thing about songs like Disowned Inc and Deserving? is that they'd be fantastic without being smothered with that orchestra. I love orchestral stuff myself but when it takes up every second of the damn song it borders on parody.

NevskyProspekt

kiwifarms.net
Phil Collins is a criminally underrated drummer (check out his work with Genesis - especially pre-1985, Peter Gabriel’s solo albums and Brand X) and songwriter. Never really understood why there was such a hatedom for his work, though that seems to be mostly a British thing. His reputation appears to be much better in the U.S. though.