Unusual covers -

Yuuichirou Kumada

Second chaddest simp in anime
kiwifarms.net
That one time Primus re-recorded the Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory soundtrack. It kicks ass.

From what I've heard, when Les Claypool auditioned to replace the late Cliff Burton as Metallica's bassist, he did a huge jam over this song. He left the Metallica guys so floored, they felt having him join them would be detrimental... to Les's career and talents. The rest is history.

And Tool's live cover of Ted Nugent's one true classic. Not that much of a stretch, except holy fucking shit just listen to it!

Spooky Bones

free tip: never put your birthday on social media
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Cover:

Original:

Tori Amos really made this her own. You could be forgiven for thinking it was a Tori Amos song, in fact, but it's by the tremendously underrated Lloyd Cole and the Commotions (off the brilliant 1984 album for which the song is the title track.) The mood of cover and original are completely different and lead to different takes on the lyrics. Unless you really think about the lyrics the girl in the Commotions song sounds like she's more quirky than gravely troubled due to the upbeat, poppy, tone. Tori, as she is wont to do, really brings the same text to a very dark place. I think both are fantastic tracks.

on-the-waterfront-eva-marie-saint-1108x0-c-default.jpg

Who needs more excuse than that lyrical name-check to post a beautiful woman?

Kornula

kiwifarms.net
Cover:

Original:

Tori Amos really made this her own. You could be forgiven for thinking it was a Tori Amos song, in fact, but it's by the tremendously underrated Lloyd Cole and the Commotions (off the brilliant 1984 album for which the song is the title track.) The mood of cover and original are completely different and lead to different takes on the lyrics. Unless you really think about the lyrics the girl in the Commotions song sounds like she's more quirky than gravely troubled due to the upbeat, poppy, tone. Tori, as she is wont to do, really brings the same text to a very dark place. I think both are fantastic tracks.

View attachment 2129235
Who needs more excuse than that lyrical name-check to post a beautiful woman?
The whole Tori Amos album that cover comes from is amazing.

Weeb Slinger

kiwifarms.net
These New Puritans' cover of the Burt Bacharach easy listening standard, This Guy's In Love With You, strips the song down to its vapours.

pedoguyguykrai

41 percent tranny janny clean up crew
kiwifarms.net
I like this cover of senbonzakura, I know its supposed to reference the showa era, when ultra nationalism shot up again, and the military basically took over as a big fuck you to the general populace of the time, and went stuff that would eventually land japan on getting nuked twice, but it kind of feels like what the dems are doing to us right now, doing stuff that eventually screw us in the long run.

Treyvon Azagthot

Dinoman x Liquified Nun = True Love
kiwifarms.net
From what I've heard, when Les Claypool auditioned to replace the late Cliff Burton as Metallica's bassist, he did a huge jam over this song. He left the Metallica guys so floored, they felt having him join them would be detrimental... to Les's career and talents. The rest is history.
Not really, Lars was interested because they found another fast playing finger guy but James didnt like him because he looked weird and probably knew that he wasnt into metal. Not sure about Kirk since he was the one who brought Les to the audition, but he probably realized that he didnt fit in as well.

Basically, it was like a member of Parliament Funkadelic trying to join a very deppresed Metallica.

Coelacanth

Your local living fossil.
kiwifarms.net
Surprised Moonbase Alpha covers haven't been brought up yet. They might be rather faithful to their source material, but the use of Moonbase Alpha of all things as an instrument is what makes them so unusually awesome.

Dustlord

Homoerotic fascist
kiwifarms.net
Apologies if this has been posted, I'm a lazy fuck and didn't read the previous pages.