Off-Topic Venus Palermo / VenusAngelic - For general Venus gossip

Rabbit Bones

He Rapes To Make That Money For His Family
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is entirely just a theory, but something I've been thinking about.
People who are raised by manipulators tend to pick up those habits just by being around them. Since her mom was a master manipulator, whose to say that Venus didn't inherit those behaviors too?
Of course it's entirely possible that she makes a conscience effort NOT to be like her mom, but I think it would be difficult for anybody to not be somewhat influenced in that way.
Margo definitely has some sort of mental issues as well, and I know that disorders like BPD and depression can be passed down genetically.
Venus only shows us the bits and pieces of her personal life that she WANTS us to see. Who knows what else there is?
Also, like somebody said before, what happened to Mikan? They seemed to have a really tight friendship and Mikan was there when she was having personal problems. Yet, I haven't seen her around in V's comments on Instagram like she usually is, or photos of them hanging out. I hope they didn't have a falling out.
Not putting all your bullshit online isn't being manipulative. Only weirdos feel the need to put ever bit of their personal life out on the internet for strangers to read. She honestly puts TOO MUCH online, if you ask me. She doesn't owe anyone anything, including updates on her personal life.

Ozul

Please be my friend
kiwifarms.net
Not putting all your bullshit online isn't being manipulative. Only weirdos feel the need to put ever bit of their personal life out on the internet for strangers to read. She honestly puts TOO MUCH online, if you ask me. She doesn't owe anyone anything, including updates on her personal life.
Nobody is forcing her to share her personal life. All I meant by that is that we don't have enough information to understand the whole situation. I agree she shouldn't post the things she does about her personal life.

~*dank meme*~

kiwifarms.net
People who are raised by manipulators tend to pick up those habits just by being around them. Since her mom was a master manipulator, whose to say that Venus didn't inherit those behaviors too?
Of course it's entirely possible that she makes a conscience effort NOT to be like her mom, but I think it would be difficult for anybody to not be somewhat influenced in that way.
Margo definitely has some sort of mental issues as well, and I know that disorders like BPD and depression can be passed down genetically.
Venus only shows us the bits and pieces of her personal life that she WANTS us to see. Who knows what else there is?
Also, like somebody said before, what happened to Mikan? They seemed to have a really tight friendship and Mikan was there when she was having personal problems. Yet, I haven't seen her around in V's comments on Instagram like she usually is, or photos of them hanging out. I hope they didn't have a falling out.
Some of those manipulation behaviors come with BPD, so yeah, she’s probably manipulative to some degree. She’d have to be completely delusional and caught up in her issues to end up like her mom. She’s a bit too aware for it to be that though.

I just hope that she keeps up with mikan, she really needs a legitimate friend.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: WatchingAllOfYou

Chicken Picnic

Resident Crippled Wrangler
kiwifarms.net
It's a lot more likely Venus's BPD was a result of her abuse than genetics. BPD causes issues with attachment, so if you have very poor relationships with your parent/caregiver from a young age it basically skews your ability to form normal healthy relationships later in life. As a baby you need that security, if you don't get it you don't learn how to self soothe or have a concept of what love and care is, which leads to having no idea how to regulate your emotions and jumping in and out of relationships at the drop of a hat.

What we know about Margo's actions were things like not just physical abuse but making Venus sleep in the same bed as her, making her diet insane style from a young age (raisins anyone?) And obviously the emotional manipulation we still see her trying today. There were no boundaries and Margo was pretty much the only person in Venus's life until she got big on YouTube and had a fanbase. As much as the internet is a bit of an iffy place for people with BPD (literally a constant platform to overshare), it probably helped show Venus that her relationship with her mother was really fucked up and have her the ammo to jump ship and run away.

Manipulation in BPD comes from a deep seated fear of everyone close to you leaving/abandoning you. It's not just out of spite or malice, people genuinely think they're gonna be left alone forever and will do anything to prevent it from happening, because it's like their worst fear in the world. It's a lot different to the manipulation from Narcissistic people like her mother, which is more to get their own way or to be seen as the best person ever who can do no wrong.

Because of that motivation, there's a lot of guilt after doing something drastic in BPD- it's like acting on impulse then realising you really shouldn't have done that but it's too late to take back what you've said or done (likely why Venus deleted her video). Narcs don't get that guilt from their actions because they don't see they've done anything wrong (see: Margo still trying to paint Venus as the abuser even with all the evidence against her after all these years). I personally don't see Venus like her mother at all, I think she's trying to do everything to not be like her mother.

Dylan

kiwifarms.net
Quite often people mistake strictness with narcissism and narcissism with strictness.
Strict parent controls their child, just as narcissistic parent does, but there is significant difference.
Strict parent would not let his child go out with some random people to some random place, while narcissist won't let child out at all.
Narcissists love to control food as well, but it's warped and inconsistent kind of control, while your regular strict parent has defined do's and dont's.

In this relationship Venus had always seemed as a dominant player, which contradicts the rumors of manaki being manipulative or abusive.

Popoto

Carbly Hydrated
kiwifarms.net
I have friends and colleagues working in immigration law in most countries, and I can state that most marriages are not prepared for the stress and the internal household dynamics a visa sponsorship results in, and they often do not end well.

If Manaki is considered to have legally separated from Venus and accordingly withdraws his sponsorship of her visa/permanent residency, Venus has 2 recourses: claim she is a victim of domestic violence from Manaki or find a new sponsor for her visa.

She made oblique references about needing to find a job and needing a sponsor a month ago. Likewise, Manaki was said to be considering divorce when he found out about Venus' surgery and his mother had to talk him out of it.

Honestly, what Venus needs right now is a good lawyer. Even without the visa aspect, divorce in Japan is hairy.

dismissfrogs

kiwifarms.net
Venus did a stream playing Minecraft, and is supposed to have a Q&A up soon iirc (might already be? I didn't look).

I hate Minecraft too much to try and watch the stream, if it's even still up.

Chicken Picnic

kiwifarms.net
Q&A video! Says she deleted the Sex Life video because she didnt like the way it was presented. She says there will be a part 2 which will be better explained than the last. The some of the video is a bit depressing, talking about her mental health was a bit of a feel hit :feels:

Also
Q: "Advice for your 14 year old self?"
A: "Go to the Police"

:story:

Pietro

kiwifarms.net
She did therapy multiple times a week for months on end, started leaving the house and make new friends, she's grown out of the plushy kawaii stuff because she realized she was trying to replace her shitty childhood with delayed infantilization, and she doesn't even take antidepressants any more!

She thought she was too broken to ever fix, but stepping away from online was a great step to allow herself to heal in her own time.

She does NOT want to address her private at all any more. She is still married to Manaki despite all the pearl clutching and she wants people to leave him alone.
View attachment 875789
Q&A video! Says she deleted the Sex Life video because she didnt like the way it was presented. She says there will be a part 2 which will be better explained than the last. The some of the video is a bit depressing, talking about her mental health was a bit of a feel hit :feels:

Also
Q: "Advice for your 14 year old self?"
A: "Go to the Police"

:story:
In her latest video "deleting her Sex Life Video" Venus was asked if she ever wants to have children. She said that if she ever meets someone ,that she wants to spend the rest of her life with ,then she would want to have children. This means that she is saying that she has not met this person yet. So I think it is obvious what we can conclude from this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Um...

kiwifarms.net
If they are indeed separated she better start hustling to get another visa cause she won’t be eligible for that spouse visa anymore. Maybe that’s what this whole “forming a Company/big Youtube Comeback” thing is all about- getting a work visa as an entertainer. Isn’t that what they had when they lived in Japan before?

Good luck with that. Her videos since her Big Comeback are only getting 20-25K views apiece, except the ones with clickbait titles and thumbnails like “I’m A Japanese Living Doll” or “Revealing My Sex Life.”

SituationTypeThing

kiwifarms.net
I wonder if she could find a tour guide company that needs a German-speaking guide? I really can't think of any other (legal) way for her to stay in Japan with employment.

Chicken Picnic

kiwifarms.net
Don’t know but I would think you’d need to have a HS diploma to get a job in Japan.

edit: Besides she thinks such menial things as a job are beneath her. She is a Celebrity after all.
She literally said in her video she wants to go back to school/university. She doesn't have any full qualifications because her mother moved her from country to country her whole life, nothing to do with being a bratty e-celeb. She didn't spend enough time anywhere to finish school before her mum decided let's go elsewhere (Switzerland/Germany, Spain, England, Korea and Japan minimum, idk if there was anywhere else). She also said how she only learned all the languages she speaks because she had to, she's not planning on learning anything else right now, so she likely won't go through another language school when she does study and actually do something that will benefit her future career. Japan has a culture based around working hard, if Venus wants to stay there she's gonna have to work and she's not stupid, she must know that.

Remember old weeb brat Venus was a character cultivated by her mother for the channel, there is likely a lot more to her that we don't know. She's making 'clickbait YouTube titles' etc for the meme (the Japanese doll one was a parody of her old makeup videos) and she obviously doesn't really give a shit if she's losing subs or views by changing her content style. If you read her comment section, most of her fans seem to be very supportive of her, so I'm sure if she started a patreon or something she wouldn't have a lot of trouble making money off her channel still, but the risk of her mother trying to sabotage it could be putting her off.

multiverse

out of office 2/24 -
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
She doesnt have a high school diploma because her mother pulled her from school at age 14 for "home schooling" (where Venus was taught nothing) and so Vebus could support the family with her hobby YouTube channel. It's not her fault she is under educated. She literally said in the most recent video she would like to go back and finish high school and attend university.

She self taught herself 3 languages to fluency besides her native swiss German, including Spanish which she had to learn in less 2 years when Mags took flight to the Canary islands between Thailand and England.
Don’t know but I would think you’d need to have a HS diploma to get a job in Japan.

edit: Besides she thinks such menial things as a job are beneath her. She is a Celebrity after all.

Bananasaurus

kiwifarms.net
She self taught herself 3 languages to fluency besides her native swiss German, including Spanish which she had to learn in less 2 years when Mags took flight to the Canary islands between Thailand and England.
Sorry but I have to stop you right here. Her language skills are not as great as everybody likes to pretend and she is far from speaking fluent Spanish. I give her props for teaching herself Japanese, though. I don't know where you got Thailand from. They went from Switzerland to Tenerife to London, the Netherlands and then Japan and Korea. Picking up a bunch of phrases here and there is not fluency.

multiverse

out of office 2/24 -
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sorry but I have to stop you right here. Her language skills are not as great as everybody likes to pretend and she is far from speaking fluent Spanish. I give her props for teaching herself Japanese, though. I don't know where you got Thailand from. They went from Switzerland to Tenerife to London, the Netherlands and then Japan and Korea. Picking up a bunch of phrases here and there is not fluency.
They lived in Thailand for a few months between Switzerland and Tenerife, my friend. That's the place Mags studied massage. Just pointing out that they lived other additional places for very short stints in between places V had to get fluent as she got dropped into school (Tenerife, London) wherever the kappa decided to wander.

IdisC

kiwifarms.net
Her Dutch isn't fluent either, she sounds like a foreigner. But she does sound like a foreigner that understand language nuances and is a step ahead with her understanding of sayings and all that. She really does sound like she has lived in the Netherlands for a little. Fluent is another thing, but it is functional and still quite impressive. So, nope: not 'fluent', but it's also not 'just phrases'. It's 'conversational'.

• Informative
Reactions: Bunny at Law

multiverse

out of office 2/24 -
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Her Dutch isn't fluent either, she sounds like a foreigner. But she does sound like a foreigner that understand language nuances and is a step ahead with her understanding of sayings and all that. She really does sound like she has lived in the Netherlands for a little. Fluent is another thing, but it is functional and still quite impressive. So, nope: not 'fluent', but it's also not 'just phrases'. It's 'conversational'.
She only lived in the Netherlands for a few months, between London and Japan. Maybe 6 months? Something like that.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino