Vic Mignogna fired from Funimation & RoosterTeeth over accusations of sexual harassment -

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedro Sanchez

kiwifarms.net

Fancy that. Gen Fukunaga was apparently a Christain, or at least helped found and run a Christain movie studio so he seemed cool with them. Beginning of February he steps down as GM of Funimation, one week later Funimation severs ties with Vic, a devout Chirstain.

Could just be a coincidence this lined up with the Twitter drama, or maybe Gen was cool with Vic and stood by him, and the minute he left there was no one left to defend Vic from the leftist mob at Funimation. Also kind of fits in with that previous investigation into Vic Funi did but found 'inconclusive'. Then Gen leave and suddenly a new investigation finds dirt on Vic.

Captain Manning

Not a real Captain. Just like Spectre_06.
kiwifarms.net
So, this is interesting... That Dominique girl claims to be Funimation's HR manager. This totally isn't a screw job.

At this point I don't know why Funimation doesn't just send out a company-wide e-mail telling everybody to stop fucking using social media immediately.

upload_2019-2-22_17-48-20.png

upload_2019-2-22_17-48-52.png

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Fancy that. Gen Fukunaga was apparently a Christain, or at least helped found and run a Christain movie studio so he seemed cool with them. Beginning of February he steps down as GM of Funimation, one week later Funimation severs ties with Vic, a devout Chirstain.

Could just be a coincidence this lined up with the Twitter drama, or maybe Gen was cool with Vic and stood by him, and the minute he left there was no one left to defend Vic from the leftist mob at Funimation. Also kind of fits in with that previous investigation into Vic Funi did but found 'inconclusive'. Then Gen leave and suddenly a new investigation finds dirt on Vic.
Real question is are anyone going to find more dirt on Gen now? Try to out him too?

Neil

THE CLEANSE HAS BEGUN
kiwifarms.net
tumblr_pmofqutoFj1xc18kyo1_500.png

Here's Marzgurl making demands of Vic (fear the wrath of a f-list anime reviewer!) and whitewashing his defenders.
Typical SJW play.
Wow. Why the fuck does she think the man she's accusing of sexual assault would cave into any of her demands?
Is she seriously trying to hold a proverbial gun to his head?
I didn't see this mentioned, but BEFORE Schemmel went into lockdown he conceded that the SWATing is bullshit. Says he's very upset at the woman who faked it (who is definitely known to him... as you'll see). Then says that somebody has tried to SWAT him.

View attachment 670197

http://archive.fo/281dW

Here's the kicker: The woman who faked the SWATing is HERSELF a VA, and has done work for Funimation and ADV.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samantha_Inoue-Harte

View attachment 670208

Memology 101 did a video on this...

Meanwhile, Rial's fiance sent a threatening tweet to Vic, essentially demanding that he "command" his supporters to back down, and then put his own Twitter on lockdown.

View attachment 670204

So, in conclusion, we have a faked SWATing by a Funimation voice actor, with intent to cause damage to Vic.

#SackSamantha?

This is getting surreal.
>"We will be forced to take you to court"
Alright, you stupid piece of shit, do it. I'd just love for you to prove that Vic raped Monica.
So, this is interesting... That Dominique girl claims to be Funimation's HR manager. This totally isn't a screw job.

At this point I don't know why Funimation doesn't just send out a company-wide e-mail telling everybody to stop fucking using social media immediately.

View attachment 673915

View attachment 673917
Admitting to a biased firing? Damn, Funi's staff is just TRYING to rack up their charges at this point

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 673915

View attachment 673917
Man, people are fucking idiots and Twitter made them dumber by letting them share said idiocy.
“lol we didn’t do our jobs and fired a guy because fuck him lololol”
I’m sure that’ll go over amazingly in court.

KingofNothing

Wahoo!
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 673915

View attachment 673917
I wonder if Vic's lawyer has this. Not a good look for something that should be an impartial investigation. Certainly would be unfortunate if a judge saw this.

Drip Feed

kiwifarms.net
Man, people are fucking idiots and Twitter made them dumber by letting them share said idiocy.
“lol we didn’t do our jobs and fired a guy because fuck him lololol”
I’m sure that’ll go over amazingly in court.
Platforms support favoritism, it sucks but its been like that with many social media sites and with Monica rials "Twitter links" its even worse

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 673915

View attachment 673917

Apparently they're just cosplayers.
Screen shot 2019-02-22 at 6.38.19 PM.png

But she is the chick who Chris Sabat is apparently thirsty over.
Screen shot 2019-02-22 at 6.42.12 PM.png

Screen shot 2019-02-22 at 6.42.42 PM.png

This Dominique could be looked into a bit if she's being as mouthy as Marchi as that Twitter feed says, though.

Jaimas

HELLO, MON'KEIGH
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

View attachment 673915

View attachment 673917

She's a dumb cosplay thot with no connection to Funimtion.

INVCTS

kiwifarms.net

View attachment 673915

View attachment 673917
I've never been more thankful that my workplace's media policy is "Don't".

Edit: Should have read the entire page, but the sentiment stands.

Captain Manning

Not a real Captain. Just like Spectre_06.
kiwifarms.net
Real question is are anyone going to find more dirt on Gen now? Try to out him too?

They'd have to go over his head and take their screeching directly to Sony. The thing about him being friends with Sanatorum has been known for a long time, and they haven't been able to do shit about it because he's the boss.

Now, with Sony owning 95% of the company, he might be in danger (though he's probably filthy rich as a result of the sale). Gen strikes me as the guy that is in charge of Funi, but doesn't actually take charge of Funi. And that's the issue. These companies get in trouble when they let the inmates run the asylum.

Apparently they're just cosplayers.

Good to know. Now I don't need to go find that shit and archive it.

But she is the chick who Chris Sabat is apparently thirsty over.

In partial defense of Sabat: She's not exactly bad looking. I'd hate fuck her.

d499422507d758d1c6ef3a58f9169440.jpg

But trust me when I say there's a lot of professional cosplay thots you don't want to have meaningful contact with. I don't want to denigrate the entire hobby like an incel faggot, and there's some good women out there that cosplay, but there is also a lot of attention whoring, and you're seeing it in action here because there are lot of eyes on the Vic story.

That was kinda the point Todd was trying to make, since he knows first-hand from sticking his dick in it.

Slamerella

What's an hour?
kiwifarms.net

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Iwasamwillbe

The Earth, Wind, and Fire of September
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'd say that's a double-standard, alright. Not going to lie, Chris just has that "look" where you're unsure if you should even be alone in the same room as him. Just about every voice actor has that "look" to them, but I dunno, never been a fan of how Chris "looks".

Also why the fuck would you name your daughter "Hero"? Apparently it's a name people are naming their babies of either sex, but why? Even "Nova" is pretty stupid, but I can at least see that not getting mocked/shit on as often as "Hero".
Well...

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Hero-Greek-mythology

The name does have a mytho-historical basis to it.

Dr. Dingo DVM

Not particularly clever or funny
kiwifarms.net
You guys should really stop being so pro-rape and #BeThere for the community.
If this fiasco has proven anything it's how cowardly the Twitter keyboard warriors are. The second they realize their actions have very real consequences they begin backpedaling. Instead of taking the opportunity to go to court and get their accusations on official record, they're scared. Monica's backpedal is probably the worst out of all of them. "SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN HURT but vic totally is a creepy rapist LET'S ALL BE KIND TO EACH OTHER!" It was so backhanded and wasn't even a proper apology for anything, more like a four page justification for her chimping out on Twitter and looking like an idiot.

Man just when I thought this drama went places, it just keeps going. Although with the GFM gaining steam, I'm kinda wondering if it does come to legal blows what are the chances of Funimation settling out of court? I can't imagine going to court over their employees being bozos on Twitter is on their list of things they want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.